Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2016, 10:06   #196
J.Ravi

Re: Property Tax discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Did you get the receipt ?
Yes, I got it. After a month or so, I tried without any hope, but the receipt got displayed in pdf. I took a print and filed it. I believe, BBMP eliminated some bugs in the software.

Old 30th June 2016, 10:13   #197
BHPian

For those of you who haven't paid their BBMP property tax until now, please note:
  • Today is the last day for the 5% rebate.
  • Almost all of the initial glitches have been rectified, the revised software on the BBMP website is now painless.
  • No need to go through the PDF to figure out which new zone your property lies in. Keying in the PID (or last year's application number) automatically displays the new zone and caps it to the correct zone.
  • Keying in the PID automatically computes the property tax with the 20% cap.
  • New data to be entered is minimal.
  • For me, payment and receipt went through without any glitches.

Last edited by nowwhat? : 30th June 2016 at 10:14.
Old 30th June 2016, 10:32   #198
BHPian

I understand that complexes with 30+ apartments need to have their own composting unit. Why on earth are BBMP collecting garbage cess as part of the payment.
Old 30th June 2016, 13:20   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
I understand that complexes with 30+ apartments need to have their own composting unit. Why on earth are BBMP collecting garbage cess as part of the payment.
I think this is the only place on earth where the corporation charges for services it does not provide. Do your own garbage management and pay garbage cess, have your own STP and pay sewage cess, Use borewell water and pay fine to BWSSB etc
Old 30th June 2016, 16:08   #200
BHPian

In a bid to get 5% rebate, I paid my taxes well ahead of time. BBMP has later reduced the taxes and said will be adjusted next year.

I do not know how they are going to implement that. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 30th June 2016, 17:27   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
This past weekend I was helping a friend pay his property tax and we found that between 2008 and 2015, his property had changed from Self occupied to tenanted but the details pulled up said Self Occupied which means it did not pull the data from the previous year but actually from 2008, so just watch out for this
He then had to correct it and then pay the tax, else the calculation and final amount will be wrong!
*I remember even last year, the data pulled was from previous year so computations were correct.
My case is that in 2008, it was just a Site. We built the house in 2012 and started paying the higher tax accordingly since then. Since this has pulled from 2008, I have to key in all the details. Also previous years tax payment information is also not updated in step 2.

Problem is that I don't remember all the square feet calculations and the tenancy and self occupied areas etc. Is there any way that I can retrieve that info from the BBMP site?

The fact that I will lose out on the 5% rebate is a given, but I think I have to carefully go through all the details to be filled, so that I do not have to pay unnecessarily.

Last edited by nijelj : 30th June 2016 at 17:28.
Old 30th June 2016, 17:41   #202
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
Problem is that I don't remember all the square feet calculations and the tenancy and self occupied areas etc. Is there any way that I can retrieve that info from the BBMP site?
I do not know of a way to retrieve the details of previous years from their external website online.

Couple of ways to get this information may be:
1. you were smart enough to save all the screenshots each year.
I hadn't used the online system to pay property tax between 2008-2010, so I had submitted the hand written forms and I had the information I was looking for
2. if you go over to your local BBMP Ward office, those guys have an "internal portal" view for the Property Tax system and that has all the information (and more) that you can ask for. I've seen this once at the local office so I know for sure this will work. Give it a shot and try to get printouts/screenshots from there.
Old 8th July 2016, 18:35   #203
BHPian

So I am in a situation and I don't know if it is serious or not:

The property tax for my flat for 2014-15, 2015-16 was paid by the builder after taking DD from me. The tax paid receipts for these two years clearly mentions the flat address in full.

Now, for 2016-17, I paid the property tax online. Saw that in one section, it mentioned the flat address (uneditable). I went ahead and paid with my card.

But I saw in the new tax paid receipt it only mentions the flat number and not full address . Please check the image below. The actual address is something like SF-02, Block ZZ, XYZ Apartments, 123 Road, xyz area, Bangalore 560 xxx. But as you can see, only SF-02 is reflected.

Am worried if this will be an issue next year /anytime? Is there a way to get this corrected so the full property address is reflected in the receipt?

Property Tax discussion-untitled.jpg

Last edited by ashwinsid : 8th July 2016 at 18:38.
Old 8th July 2016, 19:32   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinsid View Post
Am worried if this will be an issue next year /anytime? Is there a way to get this corrected so the full property address is reflected in the receipt?
Is your Old PID No. correct on your receipt? If yes, you may have nothing to worry about and it may be a formatting error. My address is reflecting correctly on my receipt, but then my address is very short.
Old 12th July 2016, 13:16   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
Is your Old PID No. correct on your receipt? If yes, you may have nothing to worry about and it may be a formatting error. My address is reflecting correctly on my receipt, but then my address is very short.
The PID for the property is not yet allotted. BBMP said they will allot it next year.
Old 12th April 2017, 12:21   #206
BHPian

Paid BBMP property tax today online via net banking and the receipt was available in the portal after 1 hour for download.

Link : https://bbmptax.karnataka.gov.in/
Old 17th April 2017, 15:37   #207
BHPian

Re: Pay by Challan? BBMP Property Tax!

What is this pay by challan in BBMP tax payment. Inadvertently, clicked on 'Pay by Challan' and now stuck onto that payment mode.

How do we proceed for 'Pay by Challan' method? Can I chose Online option again?
Old 17th April 2017, 15:52   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
What is this pay by challan in BBMP tax payment. Inadvertently, clicked on 'Pay by Challan' and now stuck onto that payment mode.

How do we proceed for 'Pay by Challan' method? Can I chose Online option again?
This payment options is for people who want to pay by cash/cheque/DD. You need to take printout of the application form and the generated challan and go and make payment in any of the canara bank branches which are authorized to collect payments.

I am not aware of changing the payment option though.
Old 17th April 2017, 15:52   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So I am in a situation and I don't know if it is serious or not:

Attachment 1525862
I am in the exact same situation this year. Last year, I entered all details, but my address only shows the flat number and nothing else. The new PID is correctly mapped and shows the full address when I check online. Did you manage to get the tax receipt corrected?
Old 17th April 2017, 15:58   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

But I saw in the new tax paid receipt it only mentions the flat number and not full address .

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
I am in the exact same situation this year. Last year, I entered all details, but my address only shows the flat number and nothing else. The new PID is correctly mapped and shows the full address when I check online. Did you manage to get the tax receipt corrected?
Please visit the BBMP office along with the receipt and khata certificate and get it validated. You may have to visit the local ward office first and if they are not able to help than you would have to visit one of the zonal offices (you can get the address from the ward office people).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks