Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2022, 00:07   #271
BHPian

Re: Property Tax discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I guess he will need to visit the local BBMP ward office.
That's strange. In my case it got changed with in a week. Ours is in ward 192-Begur.
We can't predict anything about their working model. Wait for 1 or 2 weeks if he is not in hurry.
kavu75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2022, 12:40   #272
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Tried to pay my property tax today and after entering the application number, I notice that the check box is checked and disabled so I cannot uncheck it though there are no changes in property usage, etc.
Property Tax discussion-ptax1.png

Now, it shows Form V (mentions that Form IV to be used if there are no changes to property)
Property Tax discussion-ptax3.png

There is also the message saying the Zonal classification is incorrect and I need to verify and select the correct one. Both links for 2008-15 and 2016-17 zonal classifications aren't working.
Property Tax discussion-ptax2.png

Can someone help with valid links to these so that I can select the correct values ?

EDIT:The zonal classification isn't editable, so I'm trying to proceed to the next step!

EDIT2: The Zonal classifications (disabled check boxes for) were indeed correct, but the Tax for this year has increased by about Rs.1500, wondering why ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
That's strange. In my case it got changed with in a week. Ours is in ward 192-Begur.
We can't predict anything about their working model. Wait for 1 or 2 weeks if he is not in hurry.
My friend's ordeal seems to have ended - after couple of calls and following up on WhatsApp with the ARO, the ticket status changed to "completed" with a comment "name updated". There should be an SLA for completing these tickets and also there isn't an escalation process!

Last edited by NPV : 28th April 2022 at 13:06.
Old 28th April 2022, 13:02   #273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can someone help with valid links to these so that I can select the correct values ?
The BBMP Property Tax home page has working links to the Zonal Classifications.

Below are the links for reference:
2008-08 to 2015-16
2016-17

BTW a recent news report suggested that the system would auto-populate the zone data.
adisan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2022, 15:47   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is also the message saying the Zonal classification is incorrect and I need to verify and select the correct one. Both links for 2008-15 and 2016-17 zonal classifications aren't working.
See: https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities...le65342632.ece

So what they have populated is what you need to accept and move on. You are only asked to verify (expectation maybe is that if you don't like the new classification you'll keep going to BBMP offices).

Quote:
Search Google for BBMP's property tax handbook. It is a large collection of PDF files. Download the main book chapters and the annexures relevant to you. But as per the Hindu article you don't have the choice of selecting the correct values.

Edit: The handbook is here: https://site.bbmp.gov.in/propertytaxhandbook.html
Edit2: the 2008 and 2016 classifications are at:

2008: https://bbmptax.karnataka.gov.in/doc.../zone2008.aspx
2016: https://bbmptax.karnataka.gov.in/doc.../zone2016.aspx

Quote:

EDIT2: The Zonal classifications (disabled check boxes for) were indeed correct, but the Tax for this year has increased by about Rs.1500, wondering why ?
Two possible reasons:

1. Zonal classification changed, so now you are in a higher rate zone.
2. Per sft charge for the zone you are in has gone up.

Last edited by binand : 28th April 2022 at 16:07.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2022, 09:22   #275
BHPian

I live in Poona, and just logged in to pay my property tax for the current year. I received an unpleasant surprise in the form of a large extra charge for last year (2021_0 in the image below) which was definitely not on the original bill from last year (which I paid on time). Clicking on 2021_0 gives a break-up similar to all other years, just for a larger amount.

Name:  Screenshot 20220429 220330.png
Views: 415
Size:  19.6 KB

I will of course be contacting the property tax authorities, but I wanted to ask if anyone else has had this happen to them, or if they know what this charge is for.
Old 30th April 2022, 14:31   #276
BHPian

Quote:

Noticed the same today, the zone was changed from D to C in the receipt, with an increase of 1560.
Old 28th May 2022, 14:49   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadixLecti View Post
I live in Poona, and just logged in to pay my property tax for the current year. I received an unpleasant surprise in the form of a large extra charge for last year (2021_0 in the image below) which was definitely not on the original bill from last year (which I paid on time). Clicking on 2021_0 gives a break-up similar to all other years, just for a larger amount.

Attachment 2302306

I will of course be contacting the property tax authorities, but I wanted to ask if anyone else has had this happen to them, or if they know what this charge is for.
@RadixLecti Did you get it resolved? If yes, how?

My property in pune also received same. I am looking out for some agent to get it sorted for me as i am not in pune.

Thanks.
Old 29th May 2022, 18:20   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by top_gear View Post
@RadixLecti Did you get it resolved? If yes, how?

My property in pune also received same. I am looking out for some agent to get it sorted for me as i am not in pune.

Thanks.
It is due to the withdrawal of the 40% concession rate which has been in force since the 1970s. If you google "Pune property tax 40% concession" you will find several articles on the subject.

There is some political opposition to the move, so I am not sure if I should pay promptly or wait a bit to see if the concession is reinstated.
RadixLecti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 19:15   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadixLecti View Post
It is due to the withdrawal of the 40% concession rate which has been in force since the 1970s. If you google "Pune property tax 40% concession" you will find several articles on the subject.

There is some political opposition to the move, so I am not sure if I should pay promptly or wait a bit to see if the concession is reinstated.
Good to have this info.

However, challenge is much deep rooted. This 40% concession withdrawal is not getting applied across all. Kike in my case, just 2 or 3 flat owners got higher bills while all others got regular bill. Did i mention, we all stay in same building .

So how to deal with this discrepancy? Apparently, other than 40% issue, tax payers in same building with almost same flat area gets different bills in tune of 40-80% variance. I made multiple complaints online , in office but nothing changed.

Each year i get wrong bill and i am forced to pay it considering deadlines and subsequent penalties.

More info here on similar lines

HC issues notice to Pune civic body over property tax discrepancy, Government News, ET Government (indiatimes.com)

Can somebody help me out here? Extra money is primary concern while disparity among tax payers plus non resolution even after multiple complaints is agonizing.
Old 29th May 2022, 21:26   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by top_gear View Post
Can somebody help me out here? Extra money is primary concern while disparity among tax payers plus non resolution even after multiple complaints is agonizing.
I just paid my routine property tax. No increase (rather, still concession being applied for me) but, as you say almost 70% of the flats in our society have received increased property tax. My suggestion will be to pay the new tax amount as the concessions are anyway repealed. We guys who've saved right now will be asked to pay later I am sure

To all Punekars, till 31st May PMC gives 5% concession for early payment of property tax.
Old 29th May 2022, 22:31   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torq View Post
I just paid my routine property tax. No increase (rather, still concession being applied for me) but, as you say almost 70% of the flats in our society have received increased property tax. My suggestion will be to pay the new tax amount as the concessions are anyway repealed. We guys who've saved right now will be asked to pay later I am sure

To all Punekars, till 31st May PMC gives 5% concession for early payment of property tax.
Removal of 40% means PMC is charging arrears over last few years and going forth every year current tax is spiked by 40% while existing tax itself has lot of discrepancy.

In my case, amount is close to 50K to be paid while existing yearly tax will be 15K from 10.5K. Atleast for me, 50K is not small amount to shell out when i know it is not being charged correctly. Paying to PMC is like bad debt, it will be never recovered.

5% discount is not applied on arrears and only on existing year advance payment which is peanuts considering 50K. .

I am looking for some agent who can help me out to fix it as i am not in pune and cant do it personally. Any leads?
Old 3rd June 2022, 12:30   #282
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

How can one find out (if already allotted) or apply for a BBMP Property Id (PID) ?

A cousin has a property in Bangalore that was under BDA till 2007 and had paid property taxes till then.

In 2008, the area came under BBMP jurisdiction but they weren't around and never got the PID nor paid taxes to BBMP. Now, they want to fix this, so what's the way out ? If they get the PID, can the arrears be paid online ?
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 18:14   #283
Senior - BHPian

Today received a notice from Chennai Corporation. Was taken aback because I had paid property tax in early April itself. Turns out that there is an increase in property tax and this is a revision notice informing me of the same.

The increase for me is nearly 100% (ie, double of what it used to be). A quick search threw up this link:

https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities...le65476064.ece
Old 3rd April 2023, 11:53   #284
Distinguished - BHPian

Bangalore users, the BBMP property tax portal seems to be working fine today. Just paid my property tax. Usually see issues during this time of the year when everyone tries to pay the tax. Fingers-crossed it keeps working fine this month and the next.

(What a sea-change- used to be such a pain to pay property tax, even living close to the BBMP office in Bangalore - get the form, fill it in, go to the office, wait for the server to be online, get sent back a few times, then get dd/challan, go the national bank, where the server will be down again, get sent back a few times, rinse repeat, wait for receipt to be generated, go to the office, search for receipt, hope you find it. Now, in under 5 mins, can pay and download the receipt, even sitting in another state!)

Last edited by am1m : 3rd April 2023 at 11:55.
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 12:24   #285
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
(What a sea-change- used to be such a pain to pay property tax, even living close to the BBMP office in Bangalore - get the form, fill it in, go to the office, wait for the server to be online, get sent back a few times, then get dd/challan, go the national bank, where the server will be down again, get sent back a few times, rinse repeat, wait for receipt to be generated, go to the office, search for receipt, hope you find it. Now, in under 5 mins, can pay and download the receipt, even sitting in another state!)
You realize this thread was started 14 years ago, saying how online payments are a big change compared to the manual method.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks