Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2022, 11:39   #256
BHPian

Re: Property Tax discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
^^And now a follow up question for my friend.
Now that the Khata has been transferred to his name, does he have to use the previous owners SAS/Application Id to start the process to pay this year's property tax on the BBMP website (will it show up with the new owners name?) Or does he have to contact BBMP to first get the property tax records updated over to his name ?
It will be still showing in previous owner's name. In order to update the records,
Raise a Grievance Ticket in bbmp portal. Select Owner Name Correction under Subject drop down and mention the details.
They will update in 4-5 days.
I got it done last month.
Attached Thumbnails
Property Tax discussion-bbmp.png  

Last edited by kavu75 : 5th April 2022 at 11:43.
kavu75 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 11:47   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
What risk do I put myself if the buyer doesn't make payment for the property tax?
No risk to you at all. Just enjoy. You have sold the property, it is the buyer's responsibility to get the paperworks in order.

The next step by PMC will be a visit to the house by their officials. The buyer will then have to deal with it. If the need arises he will contact you but I don't think he will have to call you as he has the mutation papers and registry papers. You can remain unreachable without any problem or you can then ask for the remaining money due in lieu of any help. Overall this is now not your problem.
Sran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 11:51   #258
Distinguished - BHPian

Not the biggest fan of BBMP, but credit where credit is due, painless way to pay BBMP property tax online.

Even last year there were some niggles and the site didn't respond in between and was unavailable a few times. This year took literally under a minute for me to pay it. Kudos to the BBMP for getting this right.

Remember the days when we had to visit the BBMP office, manually fill out the form, stand in line at the bank (usually an inefficient bank like Syndicate Bank), get a DD, go back to the BBMP office, wait in line, get it checked manually by the troll in charge, then submit it in a pile of papers, hoping it doesn't get lost. Then hope your receipt comes in a few weeks! All with several delays because of staff not being available, office being shut, etc. etc. Even after they migrated to partial online services, there were delays because of 'server down' and part manual verification at the BBMP office.

Come a long way since then!

Last edited by am1m : 6th April 2022 at 11:52.
Old 6th April 2022, 12:14   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Not the biggest fan of BBMP, but credit where credit is due, painless way to pay BBMP property tax online.
True. Paid this year's tax yesterday with 5% rebate. Hardly took 15 minutes, of which verifying the pre-filled details from my side took around 10 minutes. Paid online, downloaded the receipt, done !!!

Last edited by AltoLXI : 6th April 2022 at 12:16.
AltoLXI is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 13:23   #260
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
I have been paying BBMP tax online since 2009. However, today I had a little unhappy experience.

This is for a flat I bought in 2019. Today when I paid the tax, it generated the receipt in former owner's name. Last two years it was generating in my wife's name. This time it decided to get nostalgic and remembered the former owners.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 14:26   #261
BHPian

I have a situation where this BBMP tax receipt shows zone as C, where as I had explictly selected the zone as B in the computation part of the form. I have taken a screenshot of the form (which comes up when you opt for edit/change details) where I have selected the zone as B for any future queries.

Did anyone face this problem?
Old 14th April 2022, 15:18   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
I have a situation where this BBMP tax receipt shows zone as C, where as I had explictly selected the zone as B in the computation part of the form. I have taken a screenshot of the form (which comes up when you opt for edit/change details) where I have selected the zone as B for any future queries.

I have the same problem for my Ward 58 (Hosatippasandra) - I have updated the Zone change before payment (D from E) , but the receipt still shows the old Zone. I am not sure if screenshot only will help as it is before the submission page for payment. Is it possible to check this with BBMP office in person?
concorde24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 09:21   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
.. Is it possible to check this with BBMP office in person?
So it is not a problem specific to me. I don't want run between BBMP offices - they will make you go to different offices for it - to get it fixed now. The computation should be based on the input and the screenshot is good enough for now (until I find time to reach a right person for verifying it).

As on option, you can cross check what your tax computation formula is taking and verify the tax amount manually.
Old 18th April 2022, 09:32   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a situation where this BBMP tax receipt shows zone as C, where as I had explictly selected the zone as B in the computation part of the form.
Quote:
I have the same problem for my Ward 58 (Hosatippasandra) - I have updated the Zone change before payment (D from E) , but the receipt still shows the old Zone.
Why is this a problem? The lower zone means lesser tax to pay, so it is better for you - isn't it? Why do you want to second-guess BBMP?

The zonal classification master list is available as an annex to BBMP's property tax handbook. Verify in that doc. There was a transition from 2008 zonal classification to 2016 zonal classification that BBMP initiated but abandoned/court-stayed after just one year. In that transitional year your zone could have been an entirely different third one (different from the 2008 classification and 2016 classification).
Old 20th April 2022, 14:34   #265
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
As a PSA: BBMP's property tax website is using a revoked certificate. Firefox (on Windows) will not allow anyone to access the website. It gets a FAIL grade on Qualys' SSL test (2022-04-05). The workaround I used is this:
  1. Open a new tab in Firefox and visit about:config. Accept the risk and continue.
  2. In the search box, enter "ocsp" (without quotes) and press enter.
  3. In the search results, click on the edit button against "security.OCSP.require". Change the value to 0.
  4. Visit the website, make the payment etc. - in a new tab.
  5. Go back to the configuration tab, and click on the "Revert" button next to the value you changed.
The last step is important; otherwise you leave yourself vulnerable to certain categories of online attacks. Also make sure you don't visit any other website while the OCSP requirement is turned off.
On Apr 12 I was able to visit the bbmptax website, but today both Safari and Chrome are saying that the certificate is revoked and blocking the site from loading (no option to bypass it/accept the risk and load as well).

How do we turn off OCSP on Safari & Chrome and then turn it on after the tax payment session is complete ?

Last edited by NPV : 20th April 2022 at 14:36.
Old 20th April 2022, 16:49   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How do we turn off OCSP on Safari & Chrome and then turn it on after the tax payment session is complete ?
The simplest solution is:
  1. Start Safari/Chrome (as the case is).
  2. Visit https://getfirefox.com.
  3. Download and install Firefox.
  4. Follow instructions in previous post.
Jokes apart, I looked around a bit to figure out how to disable OCSP in Chrome and the short answer is that you cannot because Chrome doesn't use OCSP. Instead it has a different method called CRLSets and as far as I can make out, you cannot opt out.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 17:31   #267
BHPian

Quote:
On Apr 12 I was able to visit the bbmptax website, but today both Safari and Chrome are saying that the certificate is revoked and blocking the site from loading (no option to bypass it/accept the risk and load as well).

I just paid property tax, opened the BBMP website in incognito mode on Edge, couldn't find any issues accessing the site.
FURY_44 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 22:53   #268
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FURY_44 View Post
I just paid property tax, opened the BBMP website in incognito mode on Edge, couldn't find any issues accessing the site.
I found that the certificate issue for the bbmptax website comes up only when using Google DNS servers in Router settings! If I switch to Open DNS or Airtel data, the issue doesn't come up, any idea why this is so ? If the certificate is indeed Revoked, how does the choice of DNS server impact the site (its certificate status & validity) ?
Old 23rd April 2022, 06:53   #269
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
I have the same problem for my Ward 58 (Hosatippasandra) - I have updated the Zone change before payment (D from E) , but the receipt still shows the old Zone. I am not sure if screenshot only will help as it is before the submission page for payment. Is it possible to check this with BBMP office in person?
Found this in yesterday's The Hindu newspaper:

Property Tax discussion-img_20220423_065302.jpg

Hope this helps in reducing the confusion.
Old 25th April 2022, 18:40   #270
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
It will be still showing in previous owner's name. In order to update the records,
Raise a Grievance Ticket in bbmp portal. Select Owner Name Correction under Subject drop down and mention the details.
They will update in 4-5 days.
Thanks, I'd pointed my friend to your post and he raised a ticket on 12 April but it still shows "In process" and also gives details of the concerned ARO. On calling the concerned officer, he has asked him to WhatsApp the details of khata, previous year tax paid receipt and mentioned that he will ask the operator to get it updated. However, it still hasn't been done, so I guess he will need to visit the local BBMP ward office.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks