Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2021, 15:19   #241
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Property Tax discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Thanks guys, good to know this.

I remember reading about several payment failures during the first week of April and BBMP said they're working on revamping the site.

Rebate has been extended till 31May, but I will make the payment soon.
Just paid today. Transaction did not go through first time, but within half hour the site reflected the failed payment and had option to retry. Went off smooth. Use the PayU gateway as opposed to the HDFC one.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2021, 16:13   #242
BHPian

This is on behalf of an NRI friend who is owning a flat in Bangalore. Usually I generate the challan online using the SAS no and they pay the tax using it. This time BBMP have introduced OTP to enter and pay. The registered Mobile no is not available now. It seems the site is not working outside India too. Is there any way to pay the tax online without OTP?
Old 3rd May 2021, 17:50   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Rebate has been extended till 31May, but I will make the payment soon.
I made the payment today. Took very long time to get OTP. Tried a few times closing the popup and submitting again. Got half a dozen OTPs one after the other half an hour later

One can wait to get the OTP as there seems to be no time out set.
AltoLXI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2021, 19:17   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
I too paid last week and the process was smooth. There has been no modifications in my case since its an apartment. So all detals were pre-filled from last year and just paid the amount.
In our apartment, some people followed a new guideline to check/un-check some boxes and apparently ended up paying less. I had paid before the guidelines were circulated in the group. The total amount was a bit more than last years due to some cess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_lo View Post
It seems the site is not working outside India too. Is there any way to pay the tax online without OTP?
Can't your friend try using a VPN to access the site?
Old 3rd May 2021, 19:44   #245
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
In our apartment, some people followed a new guideline to check/un-check some boxes and apparently ended up paying less. I had paid before the guidelines were circulated in the group. The total amount was a bit more than last years due to some cess.

Can't your friend try using a VPN to access the site?
If one is not clear on the guidelines and valuations, its always better to err on the side of caution. A few hundred rupees will buy a lot of peace later.

A bunch people in my apartment got letters from BBMP telling they had wrongly filed the classification and were required to pay huge fines accumulating for last 4-5 years.
m8002? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2021, 19:56   #246
BHPian

Quote:
In our apartment, some people followed a new guideline to check/un-check some boxes and apparently ended up paying less.
Is it possible to change any details? For me, except the residential address, contact number and email, everything was carried forward from previous data and fields disabled.
Old 3rd May 2021, 22:57   #247
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Is it possible to change any details? For me, except the residential address, contact number and email, everything was carried forward from previous data and fields disabled.
To the best of my knowledge, the only way to edit other details is to select the option when there are changes in property use like Self occupied Vs rented out, when these things change from previous year or say you renovated your building and added floor space, etc
Old 4th May 2021, 11:50   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Quote:
To the best of my knowledge, the only way to edit other details is to select the option when there are changes in property use like Self occupied Vs rented out, when these things change from previous year or say you renovated your building and added floor space, etc
There is a Zone field with 2008 classification and 2016 classification which can be changed. There is also a message which asks you to verify the zonal classification before payment. Apparently, there was a change for us it seems which resulted in a lower tax than last year.
Jaguar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 12:32   #249
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There is a Zone field with 2008 classification and 2016 classification which can be changed. There is also a message which asks you to verify the zonal classification before payment. Apparently, there was a change for us it seems which resulted in a lower tax than last year.
I made the payment earlier today but didn't get the message to check zonal classification.
Also, since there were no changes in property usage, I didn't check the box in the initial screen and on the details page, I could not edit the zone (and it doesn't even show any of them as selected), so I don't know if I should/could have changed it. The amount is similar to previous year, so I just paid it.

Property Tax discussion-bbmp-zone-not-editable.png

Maybe I should have checked this check box and then proceeded to verify and edit the zone if needed ?
Name:  Initial screen.png
Views: 660
Size:  46.8 KB
Old 22nd August 2021, 11:46   #250
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Bangalore folks - query regarding BBMP Khata certificate & Khata extract.
Is it possible to pay the fees and get these documents from one of the Karnataka Government portals - kaverionline/sakala/e-swathu, etc ?

Confused after seeing these sites, I could see an option on sakala for "Online transfer of khata" but I'm not looking for that and just want to get the current Khata & Khata extract.

Does this need a visit to the BBMP service center in Utility building on MG road ?
Old 22nd August 2021, 12:32   #251
Senior - BHPian

Just came across this thread, and since I very recently (like, within last week) completed paying the tax and arrears for my parents' property - here is a quick howto on the Kerala process.

First thing, and not sure if this is a prevalent scenario - is that in Kerala we have to make two payments: Property Tax to the local corporation, municipality or panchayat as the case is - hereinafter referred to as LSG, and Land Tax to the state revenue department. I had to do two separate payments.

The LSG payment can be done online through this website: https://tax.lsgkerala.gov.in. Process is:

* Create an account and log in. Deal with the captcha (D-uh!).
* Select "Enroll a building".
* Select the District and LSG type.
* You will need the year in which your LSG wards were reconstituted. In most cases you will know the 2013 details. Select that.
* Select Ward and Door numbers. This is usually seen on the small metal plaque installed by the LSG on the main door of your building.

With these details you can enroll the building for property tax payment. It accepts UPI payments with 0 additional charges.

The revenue department payment is done at this website: https://www.revenue.kerala.gov.in. Process is:

* Create account, log in, blah blah blah.
* Go to payments, land tax.
* You need to know the district, taluk and village names. These are usually known to everyone.
* You also need to know your block, thandapper number (thandapper I believe is an index into the register of land transactions. It basically tells the system who the owner of the land is).
* You also need to know the survey and sub-survey numbers.
* Enter these details, it will throw up a screen that shows the owners of the land as per revenue records. Proceed to pay. UPI is accepted here too, but is a sub-optimal design (UPI collect payment requires you to manually click on "Proceed", for example).

It does merge multiple surveys in the same thandapper. It also has limited ability to merge multiple thandappers for the same taxpayer. We are not such big landowners to have to deal with these corner use-cases. :-)

The thandapper number & survey number, you can get from a past payment receipt or probably from your sale deed. There seems to be a website where you can look up these (http://erekha.kerala.gov.in/newsurvey.php) but not all districts aren't enabled there.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2021, 21:34   #252
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

I was trying to help a friend get his Bangalore property transfer (BBMP Khata transfer) process done and have learnt a lot in the past 2 weeks.

We found that one can submit the application along with supporting documentation online. All I can say is that while it's a great move to have these options online, the current implementation is really very crude digitisation and I'm guessing a lot of common people won't find it easy to complete the process due to browser support limitations, unfriendly user interfaces, unstable services, etc. It will need a lot of trial and error and loads of patience to get it done.
Anyways, we managed to submit the application finally on the sakala portal and waiting to see how it goes - sakala is part of the guarantee of services to citizens project and this process has a 30 day SLA. Keeping fingers crossed.

As part of this process, we also had to get the EC (Encumbrance certificate) and that can be done online on the kaverionline portal. In short, the process for khata transfer is:
1. Register on the site and apply, pay and receive the EC from kaverionline portal (use chrome browser)
2. Keep digital copies of all relevant supporting documentation for khata transfer (the list is available on sakala portal) - again use the chrome browser
Also note that each document should be < 5MB and total size of all documents should be < 15MB
3. Register on sakala, complete the khata transfer application, upload supporting documentation and then submit after digitally signing using Aadhaar authentication.
It did not ask for payment so I'm guessing that's part of the workflow at a later stage after submission.

Last edited by NPV : 5th September 2021 at 21:45.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 10:51   #253
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

^^And now a follow up question for my friend.
Now that the Khata has been transferred to his name, does he have to use the previous owners SAS/Application Id to start the process to pay this year's property tax on the BBMP website (will it show up with the new owners name?) Or does he have to contact BBMP to first get the property tax records updated over to his name ?
Old 5th April 2022, 11:18   #254
Distinguished - BHPian

Query for the experts.

We had an apartment in Pune (in my name) which we sold back in 2019. Back then the new buyer didn't fulfil the complete payment, keeping back the final installment (<1L), citing various issues/reasons. The sale was completed but we just recently got to know the owner name record in PMC is still in my name as I just got the summons (smses) for pending property tax payment for the previous year.

Do I need to worry about it? Currently we aren't in conversation with the buyer for over 2 years and it ended on a sour note due the non-payment, but to our knowledge, all documentation was completed (from our end). What risk do I put myself if the buyer doesn't make payment for the property tax?
Old 5th April 2022, 11:25   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now that the Khata has been transferred to his name, does he have to use the previous owners SAS/Application Id to start the process to pay this year's property tax on the BBMP website (will it show up with the new owners name?) Or does he have to contact BBMP to first get the property tax records updated over to his name ?
Are the two even related? I got the name changed from the land owner's (tri-party sale) to mine with just a copy of the registered sale deed; the khata transfer is still not done. One year the tax website showed the original landowner's name, next year it showed my name - both with the same application ID.

As a PSA: BBMP's property tax website is using a revoked certificate. Firefox (on Windows) will not allow anyone to access the website. It gets a FAIL grade on Qualys' SSL test (2022-04-05). The workaround I used is this:
  1. Open a new tab in Firefox and visit about:config. Accept the risk and continue.
  2. In the search box, enter "ocsp" (without quotes) and press enter.
  3. In the search results, click on the edit button against "security.OCSP.require". Change the value to 0.
  4. Visit the website, make the payment etc. - in a new tab.
  5. Go back to the configuration tab, and click on the "Revert" button next to the value you changed.
The last step is important; otherwise you leave yourself vulnerable to certain categories of online attacks. Also make sure you don't visit any other website while the OCSP requirement is turned off.
binand is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks