Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2020, 23:36   #2626
BHPian

Re: The Weight Loss Thread

Lost 15 kgs in a span of 1.5 years. Being a couch potato for most of my life I must say it was an exhilarating experience to step into the gym but I can safely say I loved every single day of it!
Attached Thumbnails
The Weight Loss Thread-pixlr_20200328233309542.jpg  

Rshrey22 is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 29th March 2020, 07:22   #2627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
If you love cardio (I believe you would as you are a long distance runner), I recommend getting a 3 month or 6 month subscription to Beachbody OnDemand. They have some fantastic indoor training series for cardio and strength. Check out the Insanity workout from Shaun T. This will kick ass and will keep your metabolism at peak.

PS: When I had paid the subscription to the site, Amex had blocked the transaction as the website's name sounds a bit off I had to do it using another card which went through.

PPS: I have no affiliation to this site. I am just a fan of some of their workout series like Insanity, Insanity Asylum, P90X etc.

Thanks Graaja, I will check this out.

I am not a long distance runner. Atleast not yet. After a lot of toil I managed to get my 5k speed under 30 mins and 10k around 60. Today I went running again in the morning and could not manage to complete 5 Kms in 35 mins. I am surprised at the effect a few days of non activity can have on your stamina.

Weight loss however is working well. I am still at my lowest in 15 years. I think what helped here is that I have managed to increase an hour or two to the fasting period on most days due work from home. At office I used to leave for lunch around 1130 along with colleagues. At home this is now around 1-1:30. So a couple of hours extended fasting has helped me maintain my weight loss despite zero activity and increased intake during lunch time!

Last edited by vibbs : 29th March 2020 at 07:52.
vibbs is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th March 2020, 22:04   #2628
BHPian

Update: This lockdown has put a stop to my LCHF. It got difficult to adjust to the new routine (Work from home or lack of it).

I mostly feel not motivated enough to do any workout in home , instead spent most of the time simply watching serieses or movies and staring at my cell phone

Got bored of everything and I am preparing myself to restart the weightloss journey from April 1st .

I have one doubt , is it ok to do Keto this time around? I mean, we have to have good immunity and for that we must eat all kind of nutritions right ? Keto being fat heavy, will be ok to do in given situation ?

Thanks in advance
Old 29th March 2020, 22:10   #2629
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asish_VK View Post
Got bored of everything and I am preparing myself to restart the weightloss journey from April 1st .

I have one doubt , is it ok to do Keto this time around? I mean, we have to have good immunity and for that we must eat all kind of nutritions right ? Keto being fat heavy, will be ok to do in given situation ?
Your Keto/LCHF diet should always be nutrient dense, so having enough vegetables like salads etc is recommended by doctors like Eric Berg (7-10 cups of vegetables a day), do check on YouTube.

Also if you're doing intermittent fasting, it is known to improve your immunity.
Old 4th April 2020, 12:13   #2630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ05 View Post
Great to know that you lost ~40 kgs, really inspiring, Congrats Man!

How much deficit did you use to maintain from your maintenance level? Also can you please share the rough diet plan you followed?
Apologies for the late reply.

I went pretty harsh with my deficit sometimes. Diet, I didn’t really have one. Just consumed around 120-160 grams of protein a day and filled out the rest with whatever I wanted really.

I wouldn’t recommend what I did to people that quickly since it messes with you quite a bit. I’d go at most a 1000 calories below your maintenance.

So if I’m at 2500 maintenance for example, I’ll eat 1500. We can take examples of an unhealthy day for me.

1. 6 KFC Chicken strips as breakfast, Subway wrap as lunch, Protein Shake as post workout, 3 egg scramble and vegetables before sleeping. 1600 calories total.

2. Coffee as breakfast, medium margherita (The one I have) as lunch, double scoop protein shake as post workout, 4 whole eggs and 6 egg whites with greens for dinner. 1600 calories
Old 4th April 2020, 16:09   #2631
Senior - BHPian

Ok. So it is working.

Today I pulled off a 23 hr fast. Ran a bit when I was fasted for 17 hrs. What more, I am at a 17 year low at 74.5 kgs. I have lost 2 kgs so far this year which is also the difference with the plateau I was stuck on for months.

Last year April 02nd I weighed 81kgs. So it's a drop of 6.5 Kgs in an year. 81 itself was 13 kgs below my known peak. At the moment I am 19.5kgs below my known peak.

Stitched together these two photographs, one taken on April 14th last year and one taken today to see the face gains.

The Weight Loss Thread-psx_20200404_183700.jpg
vibbs is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th April 2020, 22:29   #2632
Senior - BHPian

I am enroute a target weight loss of 10 kgs. 4.5 Kgs lost so far in about 21 days 16:8 dieting and cardios. Only thing is that the side belly seems to be not reducing at all. Is that how it will be? Will this side belly completely go off in due time? Any tips?
Old 6th April 2020, 04:42   #2633
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
I am enroute a target weight loss of 10 kgs. 4.5 Kgs lost so far in about 21 days 16:8 dieting and cardios. Only thing is that the side belly seems to be not reducing at all. Is that how it will be? Will this side belly completely go off in due time? Any tips?
The side belly will be among the last to go and the slowest to go. Even if you reach your goal weight, you may still find the side belly to be there. So, just continue with the lifestyle and have patience

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Today I pulled off a 23 hr fast. Ran a bit when I was fasted for 17 hrs. What more, I am at a 17 year low at 74.5 kgs. I have lost 2 kgs so far this year which is also the difference with the plateau I was stuck on for months.
Nice progress there. As you reach the ideal weight, the loss becomes much slower and the plateaus become much longer. OMAD is a good idea to come out of the plateau. Include OMAD regularly once or twice a week and you should see good results.

Last edited by graaja : 6th April 2020 at 04:47.
graaja is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th April 2020, 08:26   #2634
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Have been maintaining ~75 more or less since a while. Now, thanks to being locked down at home (no outside food + no late nights), have dropped a kilo without even trying . Will be fun to put it back on . The day the lockdown is lifted, I'm driving to my favourite places (Farmers Cafe or The Pantry) for keto desserts!
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th April 2020, 12:24   #2635
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Have been maintaining ~75 more or less since a while. Now, thanks to being locked down at home (no outside food + no late nights), have dropped a kilo without even trying
That's nice GTO, a free kilo off

Are you continuing with Intermittent fasting ? And how many days a week ?
Just trying to get an idea what folks are doing and how it's working for them. I've been experimenting a bit on this and cut it down to 3 weekdays from the earlier 5 without any major weight gain.
Old 13th April 2020, 12:35   #2636
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Just trying to get an idea what folks are doing and how it's working for them. I've been experimenting a bit on this and cut it down to 3 weekdays from the earlier 5 without any major weight gain.
I am doing 16:8 IF 6 days a week and OMAD on Sunday. I also do indoor cycling and strength training 6 days a week (7 to 8 sessions in total). Due to lockdown, we have run out of low carb options. So, I eat regular carb based food for the two meals and no snacking in between.

Before lockdown, I had reached 69kg on strict keto and just 5 sessions of strength training a week. Now my weight is hovering around 71kg the past three weeks. This could also be due to water weight that I gained back after switching to carbs and also possibility of lean muscle mass due to strength training. I am planning to continue with this till the lockdown situation changes.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2020, 12:38   #2637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Would you mind sharing your diet menu?
Today is my 30th day since I asked the above question to a fellow BHPian and started IF.

March 15th - 84 Kgs
April 13th - 79.3 Kgs

A loss of 4.7 Kgs.

What went well:

• Absolutely strict on 16 hours fasting. No eating in that fasting window
  • Zero sugar or junk food. Lock down really helped to get rid of junk foods
  • Spent 30-45 minutes on physical activities (Squats, Push ups, Crunches, Cardio ..)

What did not go as planned:

• Though I tried to be LCHF, I could not resist having rice and chappathis. Skipping rice was something that I could never have imagined earlier but at least I could reduce the quantity a lot and to a single meal.

Shall I continue the same model for some more time or should make any changes? My target is 75 Kgs.

Some things that I snacked but doubtful if I can eat - Butter (in omelet), Cheese (in omelet), Peanuts, Whole wheat bread..Hope that is not a problem.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 13th April 2020 at 12:58.
Old 13th April 2020, 12:58   #2638
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Shall I continue the same model for some more time or should make any changes? My target is 75 Kgs.
Continue with this routine. You can consider some changes (like adding a few longer fasts, cutting carbs further etc) when you hit a plateau. As long as you are getting results, you can continue with the routine.
Old 13th April 2020, 16:08   #2639
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Due to lockdown, we have run out of low carb options. So, I eat regular carb based food for the two meals and no snacking in between.
What to include and exclude from diet is a very personal choice but if you're not averse to vegetables and have access to them during this lockdown, I would suggest cut your rice and wheat intake and just eat more of the other veg/lentil based dishes and sides - Sambar, Rasam, Poriyal, Salads and the like. Works like a charm for us. You can add cheese, butter, olive oil and coconut oil too for healthy fats. You can include curd as well.

Last edited by NPV : 13th April 2020 at 16:10.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2020, 16:17   #2640
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
What to include and exclude from diet is a very personal choice but if you're not averse to vegetables and have access to them during this lockdown, I would suggest cut your rice and wheat intake and just eat more of the other veg/lentil based dishes and sides - Sambar, Rasam, Poriyal, Salads and the like. Works like a charm for us. You can add cheese, butter, olive oil and coconut oil too for healthy fats. You can include curd as well.
Yep. That is what I am doing. Eating more of vegetables, dal and curd and keeping rice/wheat portion small. Still can't help the feeling that I am bloating

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks