Team-BHP - The best car movies you've seen
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The best car movies you've seen (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/7301-best-car-movies-youve-seen-52.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 1676418)
Has anyone seen this movie "THE CAR" from 1977.

Of course yes! Have the DVD too. It was a pretty wicked movie for its time, though the videography feels outdated when you watch it today.

The movie has the ability to actually leave kids scared :0

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 1676418)
Has anyone seen this movie "THE CAR" from 1977. Had seen it as a kid. It was about a black killer car which went around killing people. The car used was a modded Lincoln Continental. I happened to find a DVD after all these years at a Planet M sale and picked it up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 1699221)
Of course yes! Have the DVD too. It was a pretty wicked movie for its time, though the videography feels outdated when you watch it today.

The movie has the ability to actually leave kids scared :0

Oh, I remember watching this movie when I was little. And I was scared silly too! :D It's quite funny when I think about it now! It would be lovely if I could get my hands on the DVD. I'd like to watch it again! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by soumyadeep (Post 1691042)
Did anyone mention Ronin? Robert de Niro chasing the beemer in the beautiful Peugeot 406 is one of the most authentic car chase sequences I have seen till date. Probably I'm a bit biased on the 406, probably some people scoff at the idea of a Peugeot chasing a BMW, but it's a very capable car indeed. I was mighty impressed with one (a cab) that I had flagged down in UK once. The ride was plush, and the way it was accelerating (and the cabbie was not driving rash) was akin to a flight about to take off.

The first chase sequence in "The Transporter" also features a 7-series Bimmer being chased by Peugeot 307 and 607 Police cars.

Just saw the Initial D movie a few days ago. Left a HUGE smile on my face.

There's a movie too??
I thought it was limited to a series!!

[quote Has anyone seen this movie "THE CAR" from 1977. Had seen it as a kid. It was about a black killer car which went around killing people. The car used was a modded Lincoln Continental. I happened to find a DVD after all these years at a Planet M sale and picked it up.[/quote]

Hey! After you mentioned this movie, i did a research on it and made up my mind to watch it. I went to the Planet M on Brigade road and searched like crazy. The guy in charge said 'was i looking for anything in particular'. I mentioned this movie and said he will place an order. That was 2 weeks ago. Now they call me and say the suppliers are unaware of this movie's existence! Bad timing i guess. Still i have made up my mind to get it 'by all means possible'!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjalihal (Post 1700410)
[quote Has anyone seen this movie "THE CAR" from 1977. Had seen it as a kid. It was about a black killer car which went around killing people. The car used was a modded Lincoln Continental. I happened to find a DVD after all these years at a Planet M sale and picked it up.

Hey! After you mentioned this movie, i did a research on it and made up my mind to watch it. I went to the Planet M on Brigade road and searched like crazy. The guy in charge said 'was i looking for anything in particular'. I mentioned this movie and said he will place an order. That was 2 weeks ago. Now they call me and say the suppliers are unaware of this movie's existence! Bad timing i guess. Still i have made up my mind to get it 'by all means possible'!

I own the VCD for "The Car" movie.Its by Big Home Video.

BIG Home Video > Contact Us

Above link has a Bangalore office listing maybe you could try there.

Also check out the movie "Christine" it has a similar theme to "The Car".

Well lets give credit to the Indian movie scene also. I would vote for "Tarzan - The Wonder Car"lol:

The car was designed by DC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maximum_torque (Post 1704257)
Well lets give credit to the Indian movie scene also. I would vote for "Tarzan - The Wonder Car"lol:

The car was designed by DC.

Yeah I remember that purple contraption! You know actually, although I'm not a fan of DC, I like this one! It's cool in a quirky way! :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronH4WK (Post 1698111)
hmm, cars you say. let me see i remember them right:

Mad Max
Knight Rider (TV series - old one)
The Cannonball Run
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Gone in 60 Seconds (1974/2000)
Cars
Dukes of Hazard
Cobra
Fast and the Furious
2 Fast 2 Furious
Fast and the Furious - Tokyo Drift
Transporter 1/2/3
Ronin
Herbie: Fully Loaded
Goldfinger (007 with his Aston Martin DB5)
The Italian Job
Death Race 2000
Death Race (2008)

i've seen only these many car movies :D

Maybe you could also add:
Back to the future 1/2/3
thunderbolt
days of thunder
Driven
Who am I (partly great car stunts)
torque (featuring bikes and cars both)
:)

Herbie -Fully Loaded has been the best so far.

Quote:

Originally Posted by suhaas307 (Post 1704333)
Yeah I remember that purple contraption! You know actually, although I'm not a fan of DC, I like this one! It's cool in a quirky way! :p

Sorry for going OT. But any idea what car has gone into the making of this creation ? DC normally used Accords. This one too ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorcher (Post 1708604)
Sorry for going OT. But any idea what car has gone into the making of this creation ? DC normally used Accords. This one too ?

Nope! Not even close Scorchy! It happens to be a Toyota MR2! I know, it's scary! But look at the bright side! It's mid-engined! Plus, it should pack quite a punch! :)

OT:
I thought it was a Daewoo cielo, remember they went for a roadshow to different cities before the movie release.

Quote:

Originally Posted by regnex (Post 1708003)
Maybe you could also add:
Back to the future 1/2/3
thunderbolt
days of thunder
Driven
Who am I (partly great car stunts)
torque (featuring bikes and cars both)
:)

oh yeah! in Back to the Future III, at the end there is this black pickup truck will all fog lights and massive wheels that Michael J Fox drives (chicken race). fell in love with it when i saw it first! :)