Team-BHP - The best car movies you've seen
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The best car movies you've seen (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/7301-best-car-movies-youve-seen-56.html)

My 2 cents,
Wraith, Blackmoon rising and the first on herbie series.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubbertramps (Post 1940375)
There is a movie called Vanishing Point !!!! ... The protogonist lives in his car and dies in the same... !!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Red Devil (Post 1935994)
The best one I have ever seen has got to be GRAND PRIX.

The last race at Monza on the old banked circuit is sinple amazing.

+1

Bullit and Italian Job too remain all time favorites.

Among the lesser known there is this movie called Initial D. Its not a great flick as such but all the stunts are original, nothing digitally generated.
It does not beat the Initial D animie though.

Regards.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rtech (Post 113263)
Biggest Joke of a movie: Driven!

Isn't Driven the one with Sylvester Stallone and that bad French actor? That "movie" was definitely a real waste of time. The cars in 'Fast & Furious' didn't really interest me much, a sure sign that I'm getting old. I used to be a huge fan of the old 'Italian Job', mostly because the plot was interesting and Caine happens to be one of my favourite actors. But the stunts they performed with those powerhouse Mini Coopers in the new version were definitely off-the-charts spectacular!
Another movie I liked, and I'm sure this will earn me a few laughs, is the Pixar animated 'Cars'. I think the fact I was accompanying my little nephews, who thouroughly enjoyed the movie, also increased my enjoyment of the movie. And the kind of stuff they did with the animation...let's just say it knocked my socks off.

Quote:

Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD (Post 1970123)
+1
Among the lesser known there is this movie called Initial D. Its not a great flick as such but all the stunts are original, nothing digitally generated.
It does not beat the Initial D animie though.

Regards.

Yep, the Initial D is one cool film,though there is no english version and i had to do with bad english subtitles in youtube.
And made me a fan of the 'hachiroku' overnight.
(waitin for its grandson the FT 86clap:clap:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DicKy (Post 1973511)
Yep, the Initial D is one cool film,though there is no english version and i had to do with bad english subtitles in youtube.
And made me a fan of the 'hachiroku' overnight.
(waitin for its grandson the FT 86clap:clap:)

Boss try the original animie series. The one on which the movie is based on. It has been co-directed by Keiichi Tsuchiya himself, who had a major role in development of 'drift-culture' and illegal street races at Japan.

I know convincing yourself to watch something that is essentially a 'cartoon' can be tough but stage 3 and 4 are a delight. If you wish to follow the whole story watch all four stages. Otherwise go for stages 3 and 4. You'll be in for a surprise. Best cartoon I've ever seen, Speed Racer is not even a fraction of what Initial D is. The effects and the technicalities discussed in detail makes it quite interesting. Try you tube, its full of all the battles between AE86 and other legendary cars.

Regards.

EDIT- Guys anybody aware of a animie series called Wangan Midnight? A movie was reportedly being made on it. Anybody have a clue here? Link of the TRAILER:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY5zd...layer_embedded

My personal favourites would remain Fast and Furious and Gone in 60 Seconds !

I loved he animated film, "Cars" !

Incidentally, there was also a TV show that ran during the good old Doordarshan days about a Biker dude, clad all-black, titled "Street Hawk". I was hooked to the series, even as a li'l kid in Std V!

My All time Favourites are

The fastest Indian (hardcore fan of Burt Munro)
Fast & Furious - 1st scene, steeling of Oil Tanks and the Last scene, when they go to free Van Diesel (Dom).
Gone in 60 Secs
Transformers
and how can i forget Arnold in TERMINATOR.

My favourites in this segment are,
1. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2. Vanishing Point
Both are vintage ones

I love this movie "duel (1971)" by steven speilberg!

The whole movie is an encounter between a terrified motorist and a huge tanker truck!

the whole movie is about how the tanker guy scares the living day lights out of the motorist.

The movie is so great that we never get to see the driver of the tanker and invariably start getting the feeling that the truck itself is the villain!

There was a movie called may be beetle. It was a small car makes us laugh a lot. I have seen in my boy hood days. Faded memories makes me think of that funny car movie at 62,

For me the best car movie has been "Ronin" starring Robert De Niro & jean Reno. The movie had some amazing car chases on higways, in the city, through streets. It was Wow movie and when I saw it for the first time, I was zapped and intrigued. How could someone drive the car so fast and so precise. The chases still linger in my mind and would not mind seeing the movie any time.

The other car movies which I would like to see often are:
1) The Italian Job
2) Fast N Furious
3) Gone in 60 secs for sheer looks of diff. cars.

There may be more but these are my favourite ones. Pls let me know if I have missed some fantastic movies and I will rent the DVD and watch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navan49 (Post 1988318)
There was a movie called may be beetle. It was a small car makes us laugh a lot. I have seen in my boy hood days. Faded memories makes me think of that funny car movie at 62,

I think you are talking about one of the Herbie movies. There have been a number of those movies, the last one being probably "Herbie : Fully Loaded" in 2005 with Lindsay Lohan.

Gone in 60 Sec. ( I named my car ashley after this movie )
Fast and furious
Italian job
Transporter

By no means the best car movie I've seen (quite the contrary, actually), but will anyways list it here:

Phantom Racer

Silly, stupid and sans any real storyline. You'll only watch it if you are a car guy, or have nothing better to do. I caught it on saturday after a late night out. Nice looking ghost car that goes about killing everyone.