Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2021, 22:34   #14281
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

England and Pakistan look to be the teams to beat, and in all likelihood will contest the final, IMO.

Even if they beat NZ, I don't see our team progressing beyond the semis. They looked quite flat against Pakistan the other day, maybe drained out due to the long England tour and the IPL immediately after that.

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 30th October 2021 at 22:35.
Old 30th October 2021, 23:01   #14282
Oxy
BHPian

This tournament is such a farce with teams batting first losing everytime. Have lost interest completely. Might as well just save everyone's time by declaring the winners at the toss.
Oxy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 23:08   #14283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Even if they beat NZ, I don't see our team progressing beyond the semis. They looked quite flat against Pakistan the other day, maybe drained out due to the long England tour and the IPL immediately after that.
Many international players took a smart break from IPL to keep themselves fresh and energetic for the world cup. Best example is Butler's innings today. In cricket or any outdoor sport sometimes time off from the usual burn out is beneficial.

Our bowling against Pakistan looked like a forced upon task. All of them must be tired mentally and physically with so much intensive cricket with no break.

Even I am betting highly on England vs Pakistan for the finals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
This tournament is such a farce with teams batting first losing everytime. Have lost interest completely. Might as well just save everyone's time by declaring the winners at the toss.
Thats the skill and fun of cricket. Teams have to device strategies and work towards it if they are to defend. With this trend, its a known fact that the defending side has to come up with exemplary performance to win. This makes the sport more exciting and competitive. Hope there is a trend reversal in the upcoming matches.

Last edited by VWAllstar : 30th October 2021 at 23:10.
Old 31st October 2021, 11:05   #14284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post

T20 doesn't work like that. Anybody can get beaten on a day.

In a tournament usually you have to build momentum and avoid peaking early. I hope we can build some momentum and peak when it will matter the most.
Old 31st October 2021, 19:22   #14285
Senior - BHPian

India again looses the toss.

Pandya still gets to play the match.

Hope India manage to win. Wonder what will happen once the dew sets in. Wonder what is a safe score then.
Old 31st October 2021, 19:31   #14286
Distinguished - BHPian

New openIng combination, one right step, and Pandya if fails again, will see a long dark road ahead, hopefully he comes good.
Old 31st October 2021, 19:31   #14287
Senior - BHPian

That’s what I was thinking. Virat and toss aren’t the best of friends.

A change in our opening pair. Fingers crossed now. We need like a BIG score to put any kind of pressure on NZ.
Old 31st October 2021, 19:44   #14288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
A change in our opening pair. Fingers crossed now. We need like a BIG score to put any kind of pressure on NZ.
Yupe I am thinking like 200. But we already lost one wicket. The three overs so far have not been confidence inspiring.

I think India is experimenting at the wrong position, when they really need to sort their idea with Pandya.
Old 31st October 2021, 19:46   #14289
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, catch drop, that too a dolly. Sharma too looks out of sorts, even in IPL, hopefully this brings change of luck.
Old 31st October 2021, 20:04   #14290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Hope India manage to win. Wonder what will happen once the dew sets in. Wonder what is a safe score then.
Need to have minimum 175 on this wicket. Rohit Sharma with his early luck (lady luck, may be!) need to make it count big time.

Hardik Pandya is going to bowl 2 overs is what comes out from all the talk around the match. Fingers crossed, we need to win this. Match is almost like a Quater Final for both teams with Pakistan almost certain to go to the Semis.

Edit: Rohit Sharma gets out to Sodhi. Looks like our players are very tierd.

Last edited by VWAllstar : 31st October 2021 at 20:06.
Old 31st October 2021, 20:15   #14291
KPR
BANNED

Well I have lost all hopes on Indian team in T20. Let them continue to play for corporates in Chennai Mumbai Jaipur and SM will comment on it.

Last edited by KPR : 31st October 2021 at 20:17.
KPR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 20:19   #14292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Need to have minimum 175 on this wicket. Rohit Sharma with his early luck (lady luck, may be!) need to make it count big time.
I would be surprised if we even manage 140 this time. That will be a massive comeback!

Edit: Wrote too early. Even 120 will be a massive come back.

Last edited by vibbs : 31st October 2021 at 20:20.
Old 31st October 2021, 20:20   #14293
Senior - BHPian

It feels so terrible to be even watching our players struggle to connect.

And to see that the same pitch sees some lusty hitting by other players definitely tells you that our guys are super jaded.

Monday of last week was so disappointing. I’m bracing myself for another low Monday.

I was typing this and I see Virat has just gone after consuming so many balls and after depriving others (Rohit earlier and Pant there on) of strike by taking a single off every over he faced.
Old 31st October 2021, 20:23   #14294
Senior - BHPian

Looks like we intend to get out less than 100. Looking at how Afghanistan is playing, we are sure to be knocked out in the Super 12s
Old 31st October 2021, 20:25   #14295
Distinguished - BHPian

Sending an ODI team, in T20 World Cup, just like bringing knives to gun fight. Kohli and Rohit are spent forces in T20, hopefully Rohit is not made T20 captain next.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks