Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2021, 23:15   #14206
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
The worst thing about Kohli's captaincy is the way he shrugs off defeats and gets the team to move on completely. This is good some may say, but for many if the defeat does not affect you badly means you did not put in your 100%
I believe it's a good thing on a Captains part. If captain will look defeated the team morale will go down big time. I have followed Kohli career since start. Trust me, he would be seething from inside as he hates to lose and that too against Pakistan. He knows they played a very bad game. But it's a game. It happens. Just need to select proper players next game and start winning.
harry10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 07:02   #14207
BHPian

Couple of observations
Tomorrow's match between Pak v NZ, is really crucial, we all need to hope Pak do the same thing what they did to us.

Don't want to be a negative news bearer, if NZ win tomorrow it would tough for us to go through to Semifinals, primary reason being due to the poor NRR we have.

Only grouse, they knew they were going to loose after 12-13th over, they could have made it tighter so that match goes to at least 20th over.

2 people who need to be replaced are Surya kumar and Hardik with Ishan\ Shardul.
Arun_S is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 08:17   #14208
BHPian

Disappointing loss. Got outplayed in all departments. Practically no positives to take out from a performance like that.

Last edited by pandey.jai : 25th October 2021 at 08:18. Reason: Spelling
pandey.jai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 08:40   #14209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
151 is quite a decent score. I think we will win this one with some Bumrah magic.
That didn't go according to plan at all, did it? Haven't seen our bowling look so toothless in a while.

Hope their performance in the rest of the tournament is better than this. Fingers crossed!

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 25th October 2021 at 08:43.
comfortablynumb is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 09:19   #14210
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Kohli and his captaincy and team selection.
Chakravarthy does not play any practice match and walks into playing 11, Ashwin picks wicket but has to sit out
I would not blame Kohli for this loss, a captain is only as good as his team. What were the contributions from Rahul, Rohit, Surya, Pandya, Jadeja with the bat ? What did the bowlers do ? When batting and bowling fails like that there's very little the captain can do which he did with his brilliant batting. Only saving grace was the contribution from Rishabh Pant.

We have a team think tank that includes the captain, coaches, mentor who collectively choose the team and they don't have hindsight to guide them, but yes of course the captain will be accountable for the loss. It does seem that Ishan could have been a better choice over Hardik, but this is a sport and anything can happen.

By the way, Chakravarthy did play the second practice game versus Australia.
NPV is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 09:29   #14211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun_S View Post
Couple of observations
Tomorrow's match between Pak v NZ, is really crucial, we all need to hope Pak do the same thing what they did to us.

Don't want to be a negative news bearer, if NZ win tomorrow it would tough for us to go through to Semifinals, primary reason being due to the poor NRR we have.

Only grouse, they knew they were going to loose after 12-13th over, they could have made it tighter so that match goes to at least 20th over.

2 people who need to be replaced are Surya kumar and Hardik with Ishan\ Shardul.
I think its too early for run rate scenario. Also .973 isn't a great negative RR and will be rectified soon. And on the contrary I want NZ to defeat pak tomorrow. Cos we will play NZ on Sunday and if we defeat them then each of us will have lost one game thus balancing the table. Also I am hoping Afganistan to upset either Pak or NZ to make things easy for us.

I don't know how the schedule was made. We now play our next game on Sunday and by then Pakistan would have played 3 games. Gap of 7 days for us is a bit much in a crucial tournament.

Ps- just saw Pak vs NZ is in Sharjah. Slow and low pitch. Pakistan have an upper end.
harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 10:39   #14212
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

It's a sport, one team wins and the other loses. This had to happen one day and it did, I think this sums it up for all India fans.
Source: WhatsApp University
The Cricket Thread-img20211025wa0004.jpg
NPV is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 11:36   #14213
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I don't know how the schedule was made. We now play our next game on Sunday and by then Pakistan would have played 3 games. Gap of 7 days for us is a bit much in a crucial tournament.
To make the job of fantasy game players easier.
Eddy is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 13:09   #14214
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ps- just saw Pak vs NZ is in Sharjah. Slow and low pitch. Pakistan have an upper end.
And Williamson unlikely to play due to injury.

I'm guessing he could be back in the team by the time NZ play India though
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 13:35   #14215
Senior - BHPian

I do not find fault with team selection except Kohli found a way to include his buddy Hardik Pandya, who seem to carry an injury. So he can't bowl, his fielding, batting skills have dropped. There are others in top form who deserve a place in playing 11 than Pandya.

The probable reason why India lost was preparation. In the last 4 years, India has played just 3 matches (all ODIs) against Pakistan. No T20Is, no tests. India were facing Shaheen Afridi for the first in T20s. Indian batters failed to come to terms with the Pakistan attack. No one was able to pick the slow ones. In contrast, Pakistan must have watched plenty of IPL footage to assess the strengths & weaknesses of Indian batsmen. They bowled according to plan and it worked.
Quote:
I don't know how the schedule was made.
India is the host country. So they must have fixed the date & time which suits them.
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 14:19   #14216
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Credit to Shaheen Afridi, his 1st spell rocked India early & we weren't able to recover after that. Still feel our batsman didn't do too bad by aiming for 170-180 as there was every chance we could have folded out for 130! Hardik's demotion was baffling considering he's not in the greatest form & since you're backing him you would want him to face 7-8 overs atleast.

There is no need to panic after just 1 loss, but I feel some changes may be needed at certain stages. Shardul to replace Shami as that gives perceived batting depth. Shardul has done well in Test Cricket off late but in desperate times you need to resort to desperate measures. Shami isn't a great T20 bowler; Bhuvi has lost his zip, no longer consistent, Bumrah can only bowl 4 overs. If Hardik continues to disappoint, replace him with Ishan Kishen. If pitches slow down, Ashwin won't be a bad option either.

Pakistan have played majority of their cricket in UAE so they're well versed with the conditions. Ind-Pak don't play that often so there are no frequent matchups between Afridi & Co. and our batsman. Our openers should now be better prepared for Trent Boult inswingers on Sunday!!
PPS is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 14:29   #14217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
There are others in top form who deserve a place in playing 11 than Pandya.
He's a very over-rated player, who usually ends up with 1 or 2 impactful innings like a flash in the pan, and then the captain keeps playing him for next 10-15 matches on the basis of that 1-2 innings.

He can't bat against good pace bowling, which most likely he would be facing in the ODIs or T20Is considering his batting order, and now that he can't even bowl, I don't understand how he could be in the playing 11.
redCherry is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 15:23   #14218

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandey.jai View Post
Disappointing loss. Got outplayed in all departments. Practically no positives to take out from a performance like that.
The only positive, if at all, was that we had our share of a very very bad day at the office (which happens to teams in longish tournament) at the very beginning- rather than during the knock-out stages (which has happening in a last few major ICC tournaments).
Old 25th October 2021, 16:19   #14219
Oxy
BHPian

I doubt any team can win batting first on that ground with that amount of dew. It's just a lottery pitch, win toss win match. Sorry I don't see it any other way. Even if we had the extra spinner, he would have struggled with the dew as well.

But yes, you won't win much with this team. This obsession with experience and seniority needs to end. We need youngsters in this format.

Ideally I would drop Rohit, move Rahul to the middle order like in ODIs and open with Kishen and Shaw. Bowling wise too, Bhuvi and Shami need to go.

Post WT20 team:

Shaw
Kishen
Kohli
Suryakumar
Rahul
Pant
Jadeja/Axar
Deepak Chahar
Shardul Thakur
Chahal / Rahul Chahar
Bumrah
Old 25th October 2021, 19:29   #14220
BHPian

In addition to Pakistan being relieved for getting the monkey of their back for losses to India in WC. One more person will be relived.

Have seen him “n” number of times in Memes since Pakistan's defeat to India in 2019 world cup.

Source: Linkedin
Attached Thumbnails
The Cricket Thread-whatsapp-image-20211025-18.49.15.jpeg  

SILVER-ARROW is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks