Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2021, 22:41   #14146
BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

Quote:
The patterns on the jersey are inspired by the billion cheers of the fans.
What is this even supposed to mean?
pandey.jai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 08:41   #14147
BHPian

Latest news,
8 more players added into the reserves list for T20 WC. Lord Shardul replaces Axar! With this its clear that Shardul is being groomed as an all rounder.

Hope Iyer, Avesh and Mallik get a game.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/t...-squad-1282756
Old 14th October 2021, 10:39   #14148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandey.jai View Post
I guess the sound wave pattern on the jersey represents cheers of the fans. Just my assumption.
Old 14th October 2021, 10:51   #14149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandey.jai View Post
It means the BCCI/kit vendor/amazon/retailers would like to make some more money this year, so a new t-shirt was released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantobigboot View Post
I guess the sound wave pattern on the jersey represents cheers of the fans. Just my assumption.
I've actually seen this happen during my time with a digital design agency a long time ago. The graphic designer would toss in random "design elements" and then the client would automatically "find meaning" in them! The bigger the ego of client or the more masterful the client servicing guy was at stroking it, the easier it was to sell something this vague. Often the end users would also start to find the "meaning" in what was basically a random choice by the design guy from a stock library of design elements! It's the design equivalent of the daily astrology column or a Rorschach test.

(As the copywriter, it was my job to write a few paragraphs justifying the design. Not that the client ever read that. Needless to say, I made up stuff too and I'm sure some junior copywriter at the agency the BCCI employs will be retroactively writing up the "design brief" now!)

On a side note, do all the players have the same beard style now?

Last edited by am1m : 14th October 2021 at 11:01.
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 09:19   #14150
Distinguished - BHPian

Rahul Dravid to take over as Team India head coach.

Dravid will be succeeding current coach Ravi Shastri.

Paras Mhambrey, Dravid's long-term associate both at the NCA as well as the India A and Under-19 set-ups, is a favourite to take over as the Indian bowling coach.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 16th October 2021 at 09:21.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 10:10   #14151
Distinguished - BHPian

This was coming, we don't have anyone else, good move, though for all his flaws and drinks, shastri did a brilliant job as coach of the team.

No unnecessary controversy, putting his foot down when needed and mainly staying in shadows doing his job. Has to be considered as one of the best coaches we had. Let's see how dravid fares, would have liked to have him continue as A coach, as he has a great record and had created a brilliant culture.
AtheK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 11:06   #14152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
This was coming, we don't have anyone else, good move, though for all his flaws and drinks, shastri did a brilliant job as coach of the team.

No unnecessary controversy, putting his foot down when needed and mainly staying in shadows doing his job. Has to be considered as one of the best coaches we had. Let's see how dravid fares, would have liked to have him continue as A coach, as he has a great record and had created a brilliant culture.
It's a very good decision.
Dravid is respected and quite intelligent. Plus he works in shadows and doesn't get out into media much. Just like Kirsten used to be.

Shastri did great, just an elusive ICC trophy which hopefully he can have this time. I believe he will be back to commentary which is good for us.

List of commentators for World cup. Gladly no Manjrekar but Murali and Anjum are still there

The trio of Watson, Sammy and Steyn are fun to listen to and good additions in the panel.
Attached Thumbnails
The Cricket Thread-screenshot_20211016110419_reddit.jpg  

Last edited by harry10 : 16th October 2021 at 11:07.
harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 12:00   #14153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post

List of commentators for World cup. Gladly no Manjrekar but Murali and Anjum are still there
Very happy that Manjrekar is not part of the list. He is like that truck which occupies the fast lane and travels at the speed of 21 km/hr. More noise than substance.
searacer932 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 11:01   #14154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Rahul Dravid to take over as Team India head coach.
I would have preferred Dravid continuing his role with NCA & Junior teams, which, under him, has been the source of providing new talent to the senior team.
Moreover, he being such a gentleman, who prefers to stay away from media and politics, I am wary of how it would pan out working with some *star* players.

I wish Dravid all the success working and hope he has better experience working with the brash captain than what Kumble had to undergo .
redCherry is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 11:51   #14155
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redCherry View Post
I wish Dravid all the success working and hope he has better experience working with the brash captain than what Kumble had to undergo .
Mirror your feelings. Dravid will want to coach sincerely, which unfortunately is not what you need to focus on if you want to be a successful coach of a team of superstars. As Shastriji has shown, you need to agree with everything the powers that be say, be a constant cheerleader and aggressively refute any sort of criticism, however justified. That's what counts.

Far better he remains with the junior squad- at that stage, the players will still actually listen to a coach and he'll have less non-cricketing issues to deal with. Plus the quality of players available to move on to the main stage will become broader and better with him there.

I think this is an interim arrangement, pretty sure Dravid is smart enough to know the pitfalls that the main job entails, I think he's already turned down the chance of applying once before.

Last edited by am1m : 18th October 2021 at 11:54.
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 12:44   #14156
Senior - BHPian

Kohli says he hasn't heard anyone from BCCI stating Dravid is the new coach.
BCCI has given fresh feelers for the new coach post yesterday.

So, is Dravid the new coach or not?
Jay Shah or Ganguly needs to clarify this asap.
Old 18th October 2021, 12:49   #14157
Senior - BHPian

Rahul Dravid just agreed to apply for the position of head coach. However, the appointment and a formal confirmation from the BCCI may take some time, maybe even a month.
Old 18th October 2021, 13:06   #14158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Clarify who? The public? For what?. The message is clear that Shastri cannot stand up to Kohli. The message is also clear that Kohli cannot captain the team to win trophies, by bringing Dhoni as a mentor. And the way things are going, Kohli is getting the boot from captaincy from all formats very slowly if not suddenly. Kohli can serve better as a batsman creating new records and taking India to greater heights. His form is crucial for the way forward as he plays the most critical position in tests and his failure for the last 2 years has only put tremendous pressure on the top and middle order. Winning in Australia without Kohli is the first sign that team was expressing themselves differently than to one-dimensionally approach of Kohli.
Personally, Kohli should step down and start getting back to the dangerous player he was two years back. Kohli is one of the most gifted and talented batsmen playing at 50% of his potential in the last two years. It will not be a surprise if Kohli retires from T20 for good. He is needed more as a batsman at no 3 than as a captain for India. Finally, he is not a great marketing material for BCCI evident by the number of ads one can see Dhoni or Shreyas Iyer vs Kohli in it.

Last edited by VW2010 : 18th October 2021 at 13:07.
Old 18th October 2021, 13:33   #14159
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Kohli says he hasn't heard anyone from BCCI stating Dravid is the new coach.
BCCI has given fresh feelers for the new coach post yesterday.

So, is Dravid the new coach or not?
The process will be followed. Dravid will apply if he wants the job. If he applies, then BCCI will pick him at the drop of a hat.
Old 18th October 2021, 22:31   #14160
Distinguished - BHPian

Why exactly is Kohli in this team, he is not able to accelerate quickly and needs his time, and these days gets out before that is done. He should really hang up his boots in T20 format after this WC, if we do win this WC, can be considered as a good bye gift to him, much like how Sachin was gifted the 2011 WC, though to his credit he did score well, and then just stretched his career from there on.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks