Team-BHP > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2022, 19:19   #15031
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 106
Thanked: 226 Times
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

I have recently found an excellent online cricket management game at www.fromthepavilion.org . There is a lack of good cricket management games and I would recommend this game to someone who may have interest in this genre. It is completely free to play and allows you to move at your own pace.

P.S. I am not associated with the site in any way.
quantobigboot is offline  
Old 15th April 2022, 14:23   #15032
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: KA-21
Posts: 419
Thanked: 2,111 Times
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Joe Root steps down as England Test captain.

http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news...d-test-captain
Emvi is offline  
Old 21st April 2022, 09:12   #15033
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: KA-21
Posts: 419
Thanked: 2,111 Times
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

West Indies T20 legend Kieron Pollard retires from International cricket!

News Link
Emvi is offline  
Old 7th May 2022, 10:35   #15034
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: KA-21
Posts: 419
Thanked: 2,111 Times
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Playing for Durham Ben Stokes scored a scintillating 161 of just 88 balls against Worcestershire breaking a few records en route.

Report
Emvi is offline  
Old 8th May 2022, 21:41   #15035
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: KA-21
Posts: 419
Thanked: 2,111 Times
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

India's test discard Cheteshwar Pujara's magnificent run in county cricket continues, notches up 4 tons on the trot! The sequence of scores includes 2 double hundreds and a superb unbeaten 170 of 197 balls(In the ongoing match).

With this kind of batting display it will be hard for the Indian think tank to ignore him.

News Link
Emvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 21:46   #15036
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 836
Thanked: 1,998 Times
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvi View Post
India's test discard Cheteshwar Pujara's magnificent run in county cricket continues, notches up 4 tons on the trot! The sequence of scores includes 2 double hundreds and a superb unbeaten 170 of 197 balls(In the ongoing match).

With this kind of batting display it will be hard for the Indian think tank to ignore him.

News Link
He needed this break. Probably, Kohli should follow his footsteps. County Cricket has average skilled bowlers however the weather and conditions add to the complexity. Very happy for him, he deserves a second chance in the Indian Team.
VWAllstar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 22:02   #15037
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: HR 51/HR 29
Posts: 1,648
Thanked: 10,369 Times
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
He needed this break. Probably, Kohli should follow his footsteps. County Cricket has average skilled bowlers however the weather and conditions add to the complexity. Very happy for him, he deserves a second chance in the Indian Team.
Pujara is a class act, it was pretty evident he needed a break to rejuvenate. Multiple tough tours on the trot do take their toll. For all the Rishabh Pant heroics down under, it was Pujara who has India’s rock in that series. No one else had the skill and the temperament to bat session after session, match after match.

Kohli had no business playing in this year’s IPL. He should have simply taken a two month break, spent time with family and come back with a clean head. He could have simply walked back into the team. Not anymore. Ideally, BCCI should limit the participation of Grade A+ and Grade A players in IPL, so that they get the time off to recuperate and rejuvenate. Kohli, Rohit, Bumrah, Shami… they all could have done with 30-45 days off.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 8th May 2022 at 22:07.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 22:13   #15038
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 836
Thanked: 1,998 Times
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Pujara is a class act, it was pretty evident he needed a break to rejuvenate. Multiple tough tours on the trot do take their toll. For all the Rishabh Pant heroics down under, it was Pujara who has India’s rock in that series. No one else had the skill and the temperament to bat session after session, match after match.

Kohli had no business playing in this year’s IPL. He should have simply taken a two month break, spent time with family and come back with a clean head. He could have simply walked back into the team. Not anymore. Ideally, BCCI should limit the participation of Grade A+ and Grade A players in IPL, so that they get the time off to recuperate and rejuvenate. Kohli, Rohit, Bumrah, Shami… they all could have done with 30-45 days off.
I wont be surprised if Pujara scores a plethora of runs in the next 3-5 years playing for India. I cannot recollect any other traditional test batter other than him. May be D Elgar?
IPL and A grade cricketers have interdependencies. They cannot survive without each other. No one is watching the IPL if there is no Rohit, Virat, Bhumrah or Jaddu.
With regards to Kohli, I feel this is the start of his end. He does not look like getting back to his previous version. He either need to realize that he has to let go off the money (IPL) if he wishes to stay as a 'legend' in International Cricket.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 00:02   #15039
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 836
Thanked: 1,998 Times
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Purely on current form in the IPL, will you consider Rohit & Virat for the playing XI for T20 WC?

My Playing XI:
KL Rahul
R Gaikwad
SKY
S Samson (c)
H Pandya
R Pant
D Karthik (wk)
B Kumar
J Bhumrah
Arshdeep Singh / H Patel
Y Chahal

BCCI XI:
R Sharma (c)
KL Rahul
V Kohli :(
SKY
H Pandya
R Pant (wk)
R Jadeja
R Ashwin
J Bhumrah
M Shami
M Siraj

Hope this time the selectors arent wearing their 3D glasses!
VWAllstar is offline  
Old 10th May 2022, 11:18   #15040
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 274
Thanked: 1,741 Times
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Purely on current form in the IPL, will you consider Rohit & Virat for the playing XI for T20 WC?

My Playing XI:
KL Rahul
R Gaikwad
SKY
S Samson (c)
H Pandya
R Pant
D Karthik (wk)
B Kumar
J Bhumrah
Arshdeep Singh / H Patel
Y Chahal

BCCI XI:
R Sharma (c)
KL Rahul
V Kohli :(
SKY
H Pandya
R Pant (wk)
R Jadeja
R Ashwin
J Bhumrah
M Shami
M Siraj

Hope this time the selectors arent wearing their 3D glasses!
As much as the fans crib and complain, I doubt BCCI is changing the team.

Rohit is the captain, so he'll be in.
If Rohit is in, then Kohli will be in too.
One out of Jadeja/ Ashwin will definitely play.

T20 WC seems basically out of grasp this year, again.

Last edited by ValarMorghulis : 10th May 2022 at 11:24.
ValarMorghulis is online now  
Old 10th May 2022, 11:35   #15041
BHPian
 
searacer932's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 418
Thanked: 785 Times
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

If you go by current T20 form and want to pick a team who can play for India next week (or even next month!) then there is no way Rohit or Kohli can make it to the 15, forget the playing 11
searacer932 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 15:26   #15042
PPS
Senior - BHPian
 
PPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: mumbai
Posts: 2,391
Thanked: 3,366 Times
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Purely on current form in the IPL, will you consider Rohit & Virat for the playing XI for T20 WC?
Varun Chakravarthy & Rahul Chahar were picked in the last T20 WC based on their IPL exploits. Both were soon discarded & Varun C isn't even getting into the XI for his IPL team now. Established players like Rohit & Virat are usually given the long rope, what both terribly need is a long break from cricket.
PPS is offline  
Old 13th May 2022, 06:53   #15043
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,908
Thanked: 6,549 Times
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Unpopular opinion:
Considering the way Virat Kohli is playing, he shouldn't be on that flight to Australia for the T20 WC.

After a good break, I'm pretty sure he'd come back like a hungry lion and relentlessly destroy bowling attacks for the next 5-6 years.

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 13th May 2022 at 06:55.
landcruiser123 is offline  
Old 13th May 2022, 06:55   #15044
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 274
Thanked: 1,741 Times
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
If Virat Kohli plays like this, he shouldn't be on that flight to Australia for the T20 WC.
I'd say that's a pretty popular opinion.
ValarMorghulis is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2022, 09:37   #15045
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,908
Thanked: 6,549 Times
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
I wont be surprised if Pujara scores a plethora of runs in the next 3-5 years playing for India.
What is also impressive is Pujara's strike rate. One can argue point fingers at the decline in quality of county cricket (a reason touted for England's recent poor test performances), but his consistency (both in terms of average and strike rate) is certainly very good. He should be back on the test side.

Quote:
I cannot recollect any other traditional test batter other than him. May be D Elgar?
Depends on how you define traditional. I especially love watching the way Dean Elgar, and Dimuth Karunaratne play. I'd rate Dean Elgar as one of the best Test batters around now. He makes the hard job of opening in Test cricket looks so easy.

I was also super impressed by Kraigg Brathwaite in the recent series vs England. There's something special about the resurgence of West Indian test cricket in recent times - they have very few multi-format players. For test cricket to live, we need strong teams from WI and RSA.

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 14th May 2022 at 09:42.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks