Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2015, 14:25   #8326
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Cricket Thread

Not too happy with the A squad. I think its time to look beyond players like Naman Ojha, Pragyan Ojha, Mishra & Mithun. Lets try out new spinners and a couple of new seamers.

Thankfully, the IPL one season wonders are not prominent on either lists
Old 29th June 2015, 15:06   #8327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Did I miss 2 months of IPL circus just after four and a half months in Australia, and just before the ODI series. If Dhoni missed it, then they had 2 mths of rest and fatigue was not a factor.
Here is the point - BCCI wants most Indian stars to play in IPL unless they are injured; it is a known fact. Why would an established player miss it? It pays almost 4 times what they earn playing for India (Self Interest). It's easy to be a critic; players too have to take care of their families and they do not have the luxury of working till 60.

And it was widely expected that BCCI would rest quite a few players, which did not happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Cheteshwar Pujara (capt), KL Rahul, Abhinav Mukund, Karun Nair, Shreyas Iyer, Naman Ojha, Vijay Shankar, Amit Mishra, Pragyan Ojha, Shardul Thakur, Varun Aaron, Abhimanyu Mithun, Umesh Yadav, Shreyas Gopal, Baba Aparjith.
I had hoped to see Sanju Samson - but he is absent from both squads. Again, atleast we could have inducted few more emerging players in the A Squad.
Old 29th June 2015, 21:37   #8328
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Rahane to lead India
Rahane was dropped from the last 2 ODI's against Bangladesh & now suddenly he's good enough to be made Captain. Strange!
Zimbabwe will certainly have more livelier pitches than Bangladesh not sure of their quality of bowling, so we are in for some fun.
Old 30th June 2015, 12:09   #8329
BHPian

Quote:
India squad: Ajinkya Rahane (capt), M Vijay, Ambati Rayudu, Manoj Tiwary, Kedar Jadhav, Robin Uthappa, Manish Pandey, Harbhajan Singh, Axar Patel, Karn Sharma, Dhawal Kulkarni, Stuart Binny, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Mohit Sharma, Sandeep Sharma.
Happy to see Sandeep Sharma and Manish Pandey. Sandeep Sharma is anyday better than the likes of Mohit Sharma and Dhawal Kulkarni in my opinion. Manish Pandey is a match winner and can easily play at number 5 in the Indian team.
Old 30th June 2015, 13:42   #8330
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Rahane was dropped from the last 2 ODI's against Bangladesh & now suddenly he's good enough to be made Captain. Strange!
I think that is precisely why he has been made the captain. The selectors wanted to tell him that he is an important part of our ODI team. Otherwise he is nowhere near captaincy material. He seems to be too meek, does not have the aggression of someone like Kohli for example.

It was very unprofessional of Dhoni to bash him in the media, saying he cannot rotate strike on slow pitches.
Old 30th June 2015, 13:46   #8331
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
I had hoped to see Sanju Samson - but he is absent from both squads. Again, atleast we could have inducted few more emerging players in the A Squad.
I don't think Samson is ready yet. His List A average is still in the 20s and he did not have a great IPL too this time.
Old 30th June 2015, 13:48   #8332
Team-BHP Support

I think Rahane is confused. He look like a player with all the talent and determination, but he needs to be clear about his role in the team. Opening, Middle order or 5-6 - give him a position and stick to it for a while. That should help.

We can look for flexibility later, once he's established himself.
Old 30th June 2015, 14:48   #8333
BHPian

Quote:
I think that is precisely why he has been made the captain. The selectors wanted to tell him that he is an important part of our ODI team. Otherwise he is nowhere near captaincy material. He seems to be too meek, does not have the aggression of someone like Kohli for example.

It was very unprofessional of Dhoni to bash him in the media, saying he cannot rotate strike on slow pitches.
It just shows that there is zero communication between the team management and selectors. The guys who are not good enough to be in the XI according to the team management(Pujara and Rahane) have been picked as captains for their respective sides by the selectors.

I believe Dhoni should have gone for this tour as the next international match he would play is most likely to be in October or November. Since he has retired from Tests, he should play every limited over game as he would get ample rest.
Old 30th June 2015, 14:48   #8334
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Otherwise he is nowhere near captaincy material
He neither has much captaincy experience in domestic cricket!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I think Rahane is confused. He look like a player with all the talent and determination, but he needs to be clear about his role in the team. Opening, Middle order or 5-6 - give him a position and stick to it for a while. That should help.
You hit the nail on the head there! Now suddenly Dhoni has moved up the order to no.4 in the last series & Rahane isn't as effective in the last 10 overs.
Old 30th June 2015, 14:55   #8335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Zimbabwe will certainly have more livelier pitches than Bangladesh not sure of their quality of bowling, so we are in for some fun.
Zimbabwe have been so bad that perhaps an even third string Indian team could be stronger. The fun could start though if India lose. Then people will ask what was the best time to rest. Was it after the World Cup or after the ODI loss to Bangladesh. The resting players could then have some interesting times.
Old 30th June 2015, 15:33   #8336

A Bangladesh newspaper has insulted the Indian players by running an advertisement which showed MS Dhoni and others' heads half shaved after their recent loss in the ODI series. It is really in very poor taste.
The fake cutter advertisement in the newspaper shows sensational Bangla pace bowler Mustafizur holding a cutter and under that Ajinkya Rahane, Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, Ravindra Jadeja, Dhoni, Shikhar Dhawan and R Ashwin are seen holding a banner which reads "We've used it. You can use it too."

I think the day Bangladesh people learn to respect the other teams then only their stature in the international cricket scene will improve. Sorry Bangladesh very crude sense of humor.
Attached Thumbnails
The Cricket Thread-301435643800banglapaperind600.jpg  

Old 30th June 2015, 17:07   #8337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumaranna View Post
A Bangladesh newspaper has insulted the Indian players ...
Unlike the deodorant ads, there is no exaggeration here - it happened
Old 7th July 2015, 10:23   #8338
Team-BHP Support

Anyone following the 4th innings chase by Pakistan against SL ?

Chasing 370+, Pak were 15/2. Younis Khan & a newcomer Masood are now playing with unbeaten centuries under their belt.

130 more needed with 8 wickets in hand. And it is a series decider.

It's Pakistan, so very difficult to predict - any other team would have won from here
Old 8th July 2015, 09:55   #8339
Team-BHP Support

^^ Pak won comfortably yesterday.

Now don't tell me that nobody is following the Ashes, beginning today !
Old 8th July 2015, 15:03   #8340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Now don't tell me that nobody is following the Ashes, beginning today !
Will be following all the matches !. Hope England will not disappoint with pedestrian performance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks