Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2017, 10:30   #9601
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

Sri Lankan team violates the new rules in the ongoing test match at Kolkata, first, it was Chandimal pretending to field and throw the ball yesterday, today Dilruwan asks for the DRS after getting instructions from the support team sitting in the pavilion. It is annoying to see the smiles on the face of Sri Lankan support staff. The decisions have been inconsistent about ball pitching outside the line.

Last edited by deehunk : 19th November 2017 at 10:38.
Old 20th November 2017, 13:35   #9602
Distinguished - BHPian

IND Vs SL test match poised very nicely.
I guess Indian Innings will come to an end after Kohli gets a century or when India is all-out , whichever comes earlier.
40-45 overs with SL needing around 225 Runs to win will make the match interesting.
If at all Kohli gets to his Century it'll be 50 International Centuries.
Old 20th November 2017, 14:59   #9603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
IND Vs SL test match poised very nicely.
I guess Indian Innings will come to an end after Kohli gets a century or when India is all-out , whichever comes earlier.
40-45 overs with SL needing around 225 Runs to win will make the match interesting.
If at all Kohli gets to his Century it'll be 50 International Centuries.
Yes, Kohli has 50 international hundreds now (joint fastest to 50 centuries with Amla)

SL already reeling at 16/3!! What a game!
Old 20th November 2017, 16:23   #9604
Team-BHP Support

75/7

Ah, if only we have another 10-15 minutes of good light.
Old 20th November 2017, 16:29   #9605
Senior - BHPian

Maybe we could have bowled more overs yesterday.
maybe the declaration should have come earlier.
the dilruwan perera dismissal should have been awarded and his referral cancelled.
ah the joys of test match cricket
Old 20th November 2017, 16:47   #9606
Distinguished - BHPian

If it was somewhere in the western part of the country, we would've had a result as there would've been more overs on all the last 3 days.
If the declaration was a bit early (I personally feel it was well timed).
If Srilankans didn't play the time wasting act

But let us leave out the ifs and buts, and look at numbers
Just 260 Overs bowled and it came so close to a result.
The ICC will use this as a to push to it's experiment of 4 day tests which is bad I feel
Old 20th November 2017, 17:38   #9607
Team-BHP Support

If IFs and Ands were pots and pans, there would've been no tinkers.
IF my aunt had a moustache, she would be my uncle.

Sri Sri Sidhu !
Old 20th November 2017, 18:02   #9608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
The ICC will use this as a to push to it's experiment of 4 day tests which is bad I feel
Doesn't this also show that even one day of rain could ruin the match if 4-day Test cricket becomes the norm?

Also, I don't think ICC has backed the proposal. It has given individual boards the right to experiment with 4-day Test until 2019. The proposed ICC Test Championship would only have 5-day Tests.
Old 23rd November 2017, 12:36   #9609
BHPian

Travesty of Drop-in pitches. Eden gardens pitch had more bounce and swing on day 5 while ball is taking turn from 1st session at Gabba
Old 23rd November 2017, 13:51   #9610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi.kona View Post
Travesty of Drop-in pitches. Eden gardens pitch had more bounce and swing on day 5 while ball is taking turn from 1st session at Gabba
Sad to see this pitch. Aus wickets are flattest these days. Only consolation is the day-night test at Adelaide, which will assist bowlers. Moeen Ali will be handful on day 5 of this Gabba pitch
Old 23rd November 2017, 17:26   #9611
BHPian

Looking at the popularity of the Ashes, I think Test cricket's problem could easily be solved by marketing. I mean everyone is interested in the Ashes just because it is billed as the greatest contest in Cricket which, it clearly isn't. The teams, the pitches and everything else aren't "The Best in the World". Most people just watch it for the hype that surrounds the series.

We should just hype up every Test series and we'll get the numbers.
Old 23rd November 2017, 18:21   #9612
Team-BHP Support

No Marauder, nothing beats the Ashes. The 2005 series was the best ever test series except Ind-Aus 2001. In fact - teams, grounds, coverage, pitches - everything is top notch. It's only when one team fails to compete AT ALL, like England did in the two whitewashes in Australia, does it become boring. Hence, I really really hope that this series is competitive. I especially look forward to the day-night match - the ball will talk

I am travelling and checked into the hotel last night. Woke up at 5.30 in the morning only to find that the hotel doesn't have Sony in it's channel list. Was disgusted ! If only I had not paid the hotel in advance......
Old 23rd November 2017, 18:56   #9613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
nd checked into the hotel last night. Woke up at 5.30 in the morning only to find that the hotel doesn't have Sony in it's channel list. Was disgusted ! If only I had not paid the hotel in advance......
Download the Sony LIV app and watch it for free! (atleast till now)

The pitch was ridiculous for a Day 1 Gabba pitch. I have probably never seen one like this. It was actually boring.

On the India SL series, SL had the best of the conditions but yet they came close to losing this, shows how much they have gone backwards. Also, the official version of the DRS fiasco (if one may call that), doesn't sound truthful. Unfortunately in the heat of battle, we have seen SL teams do such antics. I hope for the game's sake they were saying the truth.
Impressed with their WK's (Dickwella?) batting. Had some spunk, and it actually put the bowlers off. However, can't say the same of our flat track bullies. Just a hint of movement and they were awful. I for one, don't agree with the categorization of Rahane as an all conditions batsman, the less said about Dhawan the better.

However, why are we preparing like this? SA is surely not going to give us seaming tracks, looking at their batting. In Eng, the ball will move but definitely not like this. Though I am not opposed to the idea of playing on such tracks.
Old 23rd November 2017, 22:16   #9614
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No Marauder, nothing beats the Ashes. The 2005 series was the best ever test series except Ind-Aus 2001.
Completely agree with you.2005 Ashes was really thrilling, had seen most of the sessions of all the tests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
The pitch was ridiculous for a Day 1 Gabba pitch.
Was expecting a fiery Gabba pitch but it had sort of a rubber ball kinda bounce & both those newcomers were playing Starc comfortably! Lyon's deliveries were gripping a bit on a day 1 Gabba pitch.

Quote:
However, why are we preparing like this? SA is surely not going to give us seaming tracks,Though I am not opposed to the idea of playing on such tracks.
Its a bit baffling for sure. Expecting flat tracks in SA with a bit of bounce at the most. Apparently team management has asked for a bit of grass at Nagpur as well.
Old 23rd November 2017, 23:08   #9615
BHPian

Quote:
No Marauder, nothing beats the Ashes. The 2005 series was the best ever test series except Ind-Aus 2001. In fact - teams, grounds, coverage, pitches - everything is top notch. It's only when one team fails to compete AT ALL, like England did in the two whitewashes in Australia, does it become boring. Hence, I really really hope that this series is competitive. I especially look forward to the day-night match - the ball will talk
+1. Its great to watch Test cricket in Aus and Eng. The crowd, coverage and overall atmosphere is something special. If the ball is talking then even better. It was exhilarating to watch Mitchell Johnson running in to bowl during the 2013-14 Ashes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks