Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2007, 16:20   #616
BANNED

Hey, no Oscars, Sachin is just childish. Sometimes this infantile behavior takes toll on the team. When Greg suggested that in the interest of the team, Sachin should come at No. 4, assess the situation, using his experience steer the team to a win. Sachin said, yes I undertsand your points. I agree that if I come at No. 4, it will help the team. But I won't come at No. 4 because I want to come at No. 2 (open in ODIs). Greg was pissed off with reply and gave him a mouthful. So Sachin came up with this Cricinfo - 'It hurts when the coach questions our attitude' - Tendulkar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
I don't care what others think but some fail to notice the joy on Sachin's face everytime he snips a catch at slips or gets a wicket. Selfish or not he certainly seems to behave like a kid who gets his first wicket and that certainly doesn't seem so fake (or else we could give him an Oscar).
Hey man, I got what you are saying. But when people here criticize bad performance, why do you take the opposite stance, just for the heck of it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Diabloo, let me make somethings very clear. Tendulkar is not GOD to me. I am not his biggest fan or admirer either. What I don't like is people claiming that they know much more than the players, management themselves and shooting out opinions on what happens on and off the field. I appreciate the game for how it is played and don't feel the need to criticize the players even though they play bad.

Last edited by diabloo : 3rd September 2007 at 16:21.
Old 5th September 2007, 07:46   #617
BANNED

Time is now to make it 3-3. Toss @ 2:15PM, match @ 2:45PM.
Old 5th September 2007, 10:40   #618
Senior - BHPian

Oh - it is a day match today eh ? That makes things interesting.
Old 5th September 2007, 13:33   #619
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Oh - it is a day match today eh ? That makes things interesting.
Salvation time ... 3-3 at the end of today ( atleast I hope so ) !! So whats every ones take on today ??
Old 5th September 2007, 13:50   #620
BANNED

India will play the same team (you know you shouldn't disturb the winning combination ). But I want Uthappa in place of Gambhir for today's match. This will keep Uthappa match-fit and will be useful if somebody is unavailable for the final.
Old 5th September 2007, 13:55   #621
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
India will play the same team (you know you shouldn't disturb the winning combination ). But I want Uthappa in place of Gambhir for today's match. This will keep Uthappa match-fit and will be useful if somebody is unavailable for the final.
I agree but teh thing is that Utthapa hasn't played a single match this series and might be rusty so taking him in for this very crucial game could be worrisome . I really love that kid but I think he should continue to sit out for this match .

Agarkar is the one who worries me all the time ... he does super well one day ( only in wkts depptt ) and then comes out wicketless in the very next . Hes bound to go for 55 - 60 runs even if he takes a big haul and thats whats worrying ,

Cheers
Old 5th September 2007, 14:02   #622
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Well, I am not quite sure if many will agree with me. Robin, has immense talent. I have played against him for some years and then watched him play for another few when I was banned from playing. He has tremendous talent, but atleast from what I have seen him play he lacks patience. He used to have the urge to hit every ball out of the ground for a six and most often than not perish in trying to do so. From the few games I have seen him play on TV, he seems to have sobered down a LOT. I think hanging around the boys will only make him more aware and make him a better player. I personally think we should give him some more time, educate him on what is the importance of keeping ones wicket in an International game. The day he values his wicket, he could be the next big player in the making.

If not, he will really never realize the true potential he has. Its good to be putting out youngsters on real early and praise their aggressive game. But one needs to groom them too for them to last a long while. Look at what happened to young blooded youngsters who did tremendously well and then seem to have lost their way a bit. Ajit Agarkar, Irfan Pathan, Balaji, there was another leg spinner whose name I cannot re-collect.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 5th September 2007 at 14:04.
Old 5th September 2007, 14:26   #623
BANNED

Toss: England
India: Fielding

Today, McLaren's theory of bat second & win will come true
Good news: Uthappa IN
bad news: Karthik OUT.

Last edited by diabloo : 5th September 2007 at 14:30.
Old 5th September 2007, 15:15   #624
Senior - BHPian

England were down for 22. This would help India to restrict Eng from scoring high & handing over a tough task. We need to ensure that they don't build good partnerships with decent SR.
Old 5th September 2007, 16:13   #625
BANNED

4 down .... can we get them all out under 200 ????

And what a blunder by the umpire on his one day debut -- and hope the ICC does take some action against Collingwood for dissent !!

Time to get KP out and would be perfect if Chawla gets to add it to his tally !!
Old 5th September 2007, 16:56   #626
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Good news: Uthappa IN
bad news: Karthik OUT.
I am happy for Uthappa and Gambhir. But very sad for Karthik. He gets dumped despite performing consistently, just a couple of failures. Same yardstick does not apply to our seniors, apparently. Karthik is a class above Uthappa and Gambhir, as far as batting technique is concerned. He should eventually open the batting in the One-dayers, as he is in Tests.

England are clawing their way back and should get close to 250. Should be an interesting game, because England do not have a very strong bowling attack. And the inability of the English batsmen to put away bowlers like Ganguly and Yuvraj is very surprising.
Old 5th September 2007, 17:08   #627
Senior - BHPian

Pieterson was out. This would really dump the hopes of ENG getting a bigger score. Good that ENG batsmen maintaining the SR inspite of regular wickets falling (lesson to be learnt)

New man on the block seems to be hitting at his will.
Old 5th September 2007, 17:53   #628
BHPian

Update - Shah and Wright have a 100 stand and going. Nightmares of fourth ODI returning -

Partnership- 106 runs, 13.5 overs, RR: 7.66 (Shah 55, Wright 50)

\N
Old 5th September 2007, 17:56   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
I am happy for Uthappa and Gambhir. But very sad for Karthik. He gets dumped despite performing consistently, just a couple of failures.
Man, I too feel for Kathik. But he had failed regularly in this series. Still playing him would have put him under even more pressure.

\N
Old 5th September 2007, 18:20   #630
BANNED

5 sixers of the last five ***** of the innings have made it into an interesting game ...

And see what one wrong decision can do ... Shah wa clearly caught behind by Dhoni and the fool of an umpire didnt give it out -- Shah at that point was batting on 46 or somewhere around that mark .

Lets hope the top 4 give us the launch that we need ..... Im betting that we still gonna win this one ;-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks