Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2022, 17:32   #15616
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
A little bit of help to bowlers through swing assistance, bounce in the pitch and big grounds, brings them back into the game which makes it such an entertaining watch.
True. Grounds maketh the match. Aussie grounds are the best in the world. Hence the spectacle. And the fair contest between bat and ball that is so good to watch.

Love the fact that the boundaries are big. It is so refreshing and satisfying to see mishits getting caught in the deep. These very shots would have landed twenty rows back on Indian grounds, and these very commentators would have been orgasming over them. I visited the HPCA ground in Dharmsala earlier this year. It is so tiny! You have the inner circle, and just a few meters later you have the boundary ropes. The neighbourhood park we played in as kids had bigger boundaries. International cricket deserves proper sized grounds.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 6th November 2022 at 18:02.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2022, 20:56   #15617
Senior - BHPian

All 4 teams played better than others when needed we can say but Pak got lucky. They should thank SA for their eternal choke in ICC tournaments.

Semi finals will be exciting. No one can predict who will win. We may find it tougher cos England bats really deep and our batting line up relies heavily on Kohli and SKY. I will persist with Pant. He got out today to a freak catch but that was a good hit and we need that Intent against England. Plus his keeping is A class and he is a big match player who can turn things around when you least expect them. Only if DK had done anything in last 4 matches it would be easy to recommend him.

Ideally we should play Chahal against England who are quite weak against leg spin. But, he has no match practice. So, barring injury same bowling attack will play.

Hardik is a big worry. He has completely forgotten his hitting abilities. We need a finisher and we need him to strike a few.

On paper England are favorite so I am keeping expectations low but hopeful our experience may take us through.
Old 7th November 2022, 10:29   #15618
BHPian

India has the best chance to win this T20 WC and I think they will win. England has not been at their best and has been struggling lately. Suryakumar is definitely a big asset to India and he is batting at a different level. India looks to be a settled team and has the best chance of winning this WC if they just keep their cool and play to their potential.
Old 7th November 2022, 13:11   #15619
BHPian

I have a feeling that luck is favoring Indian side in this worldcup. My hunch is that, India and Pakistan will reach final, Pakistan will play hard but eventually India will win . Eagerly looking forward to another thriller of a match.
Old 7th November 2022, 13:45   #15620

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeboy View Post
India has the best chance to win this T20 WC and I think they will win. England has not been at their best and has been struggling lately. Suryakumar is definitely a big asset to India and he is batting at a different level. India looks to be a settled team and has the best chance of winning this WC if they just keep their cool and play to their potential.
Yes, India does have a good chance but the bowling still looks susceptible. If there is no help from the surface or in the air, the attack will look toothless. As the summer starts is Australia, the pitches have started losing their zing. That is a big worry. If the pitches are benign, raw pace is the way to go. There India may be found wanting.
Old 7th November 2022, 15:21   #15621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeboy View Post
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post
I have a feeling that luck is favoring Indian side in this worldcup. My hunch is that, India and Pakistan will reach final, Pakistan will play hard but eventually India will win . Eagerly looking forward to another thriller of a match.
I feel it will be India V/S NZ at Finals. NZ is not an easy team to beat and hence they are quite likely to reach Finals.
Old 7th November 2022, 18:37   #15622
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Lets face it, England are a much superior team on paper compared to India! Yes, they lost to Ireland which can happen but if you look at their XI they have a nice variety in their bowling & they bat really deep till no.10! Just hope India bat second, though teams batting first have won majority of the games at Adelaide in recent times. Its a knockout game & I'd prefer the better keeper (Pant) to play. The short square boundary at Adelaide Oval needs to be dealt with. Hopefully India will target the overs of Adil Rashid + Moeen Ali + Livingstone.
Old 7th November 2022, 19:11   #15623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
I feel it will be India V/S NZ at Finals. NZ is not an easy team to beat and hence they are quite likely to reach Finals.
There was a triangular T20 tournament in NZ just before this WC, featuring NZ, Pakistan and Bangladesh. In that NZ lost 2 of their 3 matches against Pakistan (including the final).

Historically we have a much better record against Pakistan than NZ in ICC events.
Old 9th November 2022, 15:22   #15624
Distinguished - BHPian

No posts of today's match!

NZ have done well to end their innings at 152/4, esp when seen from the perspective that they lost some early wickets. Now, it's not a great total but still a competitive one.

Also, given that the opposite side is PAK & they are known to give inconsistent performances. IMO, 153 will not be an easy one to achieve here, given the high pressure situation and being the SF match, we have a good watch in hands. I am leaning in favor of NZ 65:35. If NZ gets those early wickets, it will be very tough for PAK as they can panic in such situation.
Old 9th November 2022, 15:29   #15625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
No posts of today's match!

NZ have done well to end their innings at 152/4, esp when seen from the perspective that they lost some early wickets. Now, it's not a great total but still a competitive one.

Also, given that the opposite side is PAK & they are known to give inconsistent performances. IMO, 153 will not be an easy one to achieve here, given the high pressure situation and being the SF match, we have a good watch in hands. I am leaning in favor of NZ 65:35. If NZ gets those early wickets, it will be very tough for PAK as they can panic in such situation.
Initial 5-7 overs will decide the fate today. If PAK don't loose wickets early and keep the rate in check, they can pass through easily.
Old 9th November 2022, 15:53   #15626
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
Initial 5-7 overs will decide the fate today. If PAK don't loose wickets early and keep the rate in check, they can pass through easily.
Which they have done.

I guess this match is in their bag now. Let's see what happens tomorrow.
Old 9th November 2022, 16:21   #15627
Distinguished - BHPian

They have made a mockery of this run chase. PAK are clear winners now.
So, now fancying chances of Ind vs Pak as the WC Final!
Sponser/ broadcasters are as happy as a pig in a slop!
Old 9th November 2022, 16:26   #15628
Senior - BHPian

What a twist of fate! At one point many including some of their fellow countrymen had written off this team and now they are almost at the gates to the finals!

India-Pak Final will not be good for the heart But if it happens, it sure would be awesome
deathwalkr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 16:52   #15629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Which they have done.

I guess this match is in their bag now. Let's see what happens tomorrow.
Feels like NZ just gave away the match to PAK on a platter. Didn't expect this level of performance from NZ in a Semi-Final match.
sunilch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 17:04   #15630
Senior - BHPian

NZ and SA are cursed.

Wait for their first World cup continues as usual.

Absolutely brilliant performance from Pakistan today. Clinical. From Out of World cup almost to making the finals. Enigmatic.

Come on India. Give us a India vs Pak tomorrow.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks