DK
B Kumar
M Shami
Y Chahal
A Singh
Old 31st October 2022, 00:57   #15557
BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

When you have a such a gun player like Pant in the team, why would you play anyone else? Especially in Australia. The only thing DK is finishing now is the team's chance of posting a good total.
karanddd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 06:02   #15558
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
KL Rahul should play lower, may be 12th man or 13th. Kohli & Sharma to open, SKY, Pant, Hardik...
As one meme said, the real openers for India now are Kohli and Surya - they come in to bat once Rohit and KL do the Bhoomi Puja of the pitch

It's time for Rahul to step up and get a big score and I hope this will be in the last 2 games versus Bangladesh and Zimbabwe (perfect setting for him actually, can't ask for anything more!). Options like Pant or Hooda opening with Rohit can be tried as well in the next 2 games.

Last edited by NPV : 31st October 2022 at 06:03.
NPV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 10:06   #15559
BHPian

I think Rahul's namesake coach could put him at No.3 instead of dropping him !

He is getting too bogged down and pensive without opening up. He is trying to judge the ball too late instead of playing through the line. Its not English pitches. By going blazing he could have failed once and succeeded other times. Like SKY.
Old 31st October 2022, 10:49   #15560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
My playing XI vs Bangladesh:

R Sharma
V Kohli
SKY
R Pant (wk)
H Pandya
D Hooda
DK
B Kumar
M Shami
Y Chahal
A Singh
Apparently DK won't play next game cos of his back injury so Pant will replace him. This means KL gets one more game. If he fails again then he can be benched when DK is back. Axar most probably will replace hooda. Rest I don't see any other changes.

We need to take Bangladesh game very seriously cos if we lose we risk of not making the semis.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 13:38   #15561
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
We need to take Bangladesh game very seriously cos if we lose we risk of not making the semis.
We will be in for a very rude shock if either of our Bangladesh or Zimbabwe game gets rained off, considering both Bangladesh and SA are in a better position than us. Really should have won yesterday and sealed the semi spot, but Kohli dropped a sitter and Rohit missed the easiest of run outs.

Last edited by Oxy : 31st October 2022 at 13:40.
Old 31st October 2022, 13:47   #15562
Team-BHP Support

I'm hearing the weather reports for the Ind-BD match are quite gloomy. Let's just hope we don't screw up.

Regarding the team selection yesterday, I am not sure what is happening. Everyone knew how the pitch would behave and to still play Hooda as 3-D player was strange. Decide whether you need an extra batter or a bowler, and play Pant or one of the Patels accordingly. These jack-of-2-trades players don't work in Australia.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 15:55   #15563
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Not sure why everyone is so surprised with the defeat against SA at Perth! It was known that the pitch will be the spiciest that the team will encounter in Australia + SA have a very potent pace attack. India should have looked for 140-150 in such conditions but perhaps they aimed too high at 170+ & ended up getting 130 odd. It was a brilliant counter-attacking innings from SKY. It would have been a close game if India had taken their chances in the field. The only positive I see is that they've got that 1 bad game out of the way + Team India won't be playing again in Perth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Since our batsmen are not playing enough Ranji trophy matches, except SKY, others struggle against spinners.
Check the stats, SKY has gotten out to left-arm spinners many times!
Old 31st October 2022, 16:45   #15564
Senior - BHPian

It is more than stats for me, our batsmen have struggled against spin for a long time now. There was a time when opponents hesitated to play their spinners against India.

Last edited by deehunk : 31st October 2022 at 16:47.
Old 31st October 2022, 17:42   #15565
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I'm hearing the weather reports for the Ind-BD match are quite gloomy.
Apparently there is 70% chance of rain! Hopefully the weather will improve by then.

Quote:
Regarding the team selection yesterday, I am not sure what is happening. Everyone knew how the pitch would behave and to still play Hooda as 3-D player was strange. Decide whether you need an extra batter or a bowler, and play Pant or one of the Patels accordingly.
Pant can't bowl, while Hooda could offer the 6th bowling option incase Hardik or some other bowler breakdowns! It was the correct call I felt.
Old 1st November 2022, 04:16   #15566
Distinguished - BHPian

India Tour of NZ

KL Rahul rested, what a joke, he has done nothing of note for a long long time and gets to rest. What a dumb selection committee.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 10:27   #15567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
KL Rahul rested, What a dumb selection committee.
The functioning of BCCI ever since cricketers took over has been controversial, new talents are being ignored and out of form players are getting repeated chances.The average age of Indian team is probably 30-31 now for T20I compared to Dhoni's WC winning teams.
Old 1st November 2022, 13:04   #15568
Senior - BHPian

Why isn't Shaw selected with best avg and best SR is inexplicable.

Why our best spinner before world cup Bishnoi is dropped with no poor performance is again something selectors can't explain.

Why we keep going back to flop spinners like Chahal and Kuldeep and not try new guys.

Why are Rohit and Rahul rested. If you want them to continue in Indian team then make them play all games.

Even Sarfraz who is scoring runs like anything in domestic is overlooked as usual.

Hardik as Captain is maybe a sign we may move on from Rohit in t20. Sooner the better.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2022, 13:46   #15569

KL Rahul opening the innings baffles me again for this important match
Old 2nd November 2022, 14:08   #15570
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Why isn't Shaw selected with best avg and best SR is inexplicable.
I am pretty sure it is not for any cricketing reason. It just cannot be. There is some issue with discipline (which was implied earlier too) and the selection committee is "protecting him" by not making the details public. There is no other explanation. And when all other possibilities are ruled out, the one that remains has to be true no matter how outlandish it sounds.

Quote:
Why our best spinner before world cup Bishnoi is dropped with no poor performance is again something selectors can't explain.
This is the one that baffled me the most. He's good enough to be in the world cup 18, so how can he be dropped?

Quote:
Even Sarfraz who is scoring runs like anything in domestic is overlooked as usual.
Yes, he's got to be competing with Shreyas for the middle order bat. And anyday better than the strokeless wonder Vihari (who's been rightly droppped)

Quote:
Hardik as Captain is maybe a sign we may move on from Rohit in t20. Sooner the better.
Depends on KL's form too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aster2511 View Post
KL Rahul opening the innings baffles me again for this important match
Does it? I was 1000% sure that KL would open. Should he? No. Would he? Yes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks