Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2008, 10:51   #3931
Team-BHP Support

How is the pitch playing ?
Old 3rd April 2008, 10:56   #3932
BANNED

56/8. Nothing wrong with the pitch. No application from batsmen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
How is the pitch playing ?
Old 3rd April 2008, 11:20   #3933
BHPian

no application from the batsmen? there has to be something to do with the pitch!
Old 3rd April 2008, 11:21   #3934
BHPian

Guess the indian batsment have decided to play an April fool prank on us guys or maybe someone forgot to mention to them its a test and not a 20/20 match
Old 3rd April 2008, 11:23   #3935
Senior - BHPian

well well it seriously was a practise for IPL.
And for all guys who want to watch sehwag play i got a advice
WAIT FOR 3 YEARS!!!
Old 3rd April 2008, 11:25   #3936
BHPian

India all-out for 76.

After the highs of Australia series this is a much-needed wake-up call for Team India.

\N
Old 3rd April 2008, 11:25   #3937
BHPian

A freaky day. Nothing more. Lets see how the SA innings turns up.
Old 3rd April 2008, 11:26   #3938
BHPian

hahahhahahaahahaha Our beloved Indian Team tumbled on huge score of 76 runs. Test cricket turned into 20-20. Seems like Indian players are practising for 20-20. Shame on them. The interesting point is most of the players were bold and could figure it out from where the came and hit the wickets.

Amit
Old 3rd April 2008, 21:23   #3939
rks
BANNED

I watched the highlights of the Indian batting. There was some help for the bowlers, but our batting was pathetic. Except for Dravid, I think the other top-order batsmen, including Dhoni, just gave their wickets away.

Pathan played very well for 21 n.o. from just 17 deliveries. Remember he got a century in India not too long ago. And in the recent past, he was man-of-match in the Perth Test. Then he was unnecessarily and unjustifiably shunted to the top of the batting order, and eventually as I predicted, he was left out of the Test team for the first Test against SA. Today, as in Perth, Pathan looked well in command and easily the best Indian batsman.

I hope our seniors give Pathan a break and do not pressure Kumble into pushing Pathan to open or go in at No. 3 again. If Jaffer is dropped, Dravid should be *told* to open. Pathan should be given a long run as an all-rounder. I am sure he will contribute in at least one of the roles, either as a lower-order batsman or as a bowler, if conditions suit his swing bowling.

I think Ganguly will be under pressure to deliver with the bat. Laxman and Dravid also cannot take it easy, with like of Rohit Sharma, Yuvraj and Kaif wating in the wings.
Old 3rd April 2008, 22:46   #3940
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
I watched the highlights of the Indian batting. There was some help for the bowlers, but our batting was pathetic. Except for Dravid, I think the other top-order batsmen, including Dhoni, just gave their wickets away.

Pathan played very well for 21 n.o. from just 17 deliveries. Remember he got a century in India not too long ago. And in the recent past, he was man-of-match in the Perth Test. Then he was unnecessarily and unjustifiably shunted to the top of the batting order, and eventually as I predicted, he was left out of the Test team for the first Test against SA. Today, as in Perth, Pathan looked well in command and easily the best Indian batsman.

I hope our seniors give Pathan a break and do not pressure Kumble into pushing Pathan to open or go in at No. 3 again. If Jaffer is dropped, Dravid should be *told* to open. Pathan should be given a long run as an all-rounder. I am sure he will contribute in at least one of the roles, either as a lower-order batsman or as a bowler, if conditions suit his swing bowling.

I think Ganguly will be under pressure to deliver with the bat. Laxman and Dravid also cannot take it easy, with like of Rohit Sharma, Yuvraj and Kaif wating in the wings.
Rohit sharma/Yuvi/Kaif cannot play as other players are playing from long time espically in tests. It is unfortunate here people think if there is one failure the world is coming to an end. Yes, they have stumbled today as this had to happen as these people were on "cloud nine" after the tour of Australia.

Now that Sehwag is back into his "usual kind" of form, nothing can be expected from him right now. As he has made is place glued after a "fluke" triple ton.

I strongly feel Dravid should not open the innings with Sehwag. It will do more harm to team rather than good. Today we saw "no spine" in the middle order batting including Dhoni. I feel the victory and the ad sign ups has gone into his head and he has started to forget the batting. I feel Karthik is better than Dhoni in batting. This guy can also open the innings. I hope is India is already staring at the defeat in this test.
Old 3rd April 2008, 23:04   #3941
BANNED

With his 'usual kind' Sehwag scored 4760 runs at an average of 53.48 with 2 triple centuries. He scored most of these runs as an opener when the 'experienced' chickened out at the prospect of opening the innings. To call his 2 triple tons as fluke is an insult to the exclusive club of Bradman & Lara, the only two other to score 2 triple 100s in their career. And Sehwag is yet to cross the age 30. What can you say about the 'experienced' who use the bat more as walking stick rather than to score some runs?

The pot should look at its color before calling the kettle black .
Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Now that Sehwag is back into his "usual kind" of form, nothing can be expected from him right now. As he has made is place glued after a "fluke" triple ton.

Last edited by diabloo : 3rd April 2008 at 23:08.
Old 4th April 2008, 13:31   #3942
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
India all-out for 76.

After the highs of Australia series this is a much-needed wake-up call for Team India.

\N
Looks like we play better cricket only in Australia.
Old 5th April 2008, 11:15   #3943
BANNED

Crack in the Wall

1st Innings
V Sehwag b Steyn 6 (23m 12b 1x4 0x6) SR: 50.00 (unlucky to inside edge on to stumps)
R Dravid b Steyn 3 (51m 26b 0x4 0x6) SR: 11.53 (completely misses the ball on offstump )

2nd Innings
V Sehwag lbw b Ntini 17 (20b 1x4 2x6) SR: 85.00 (umpire thinks its out)
R Dravid c de Villiers b Morkel 17 (41b 2x4 0x6) SR: 41.46 (plays way away from body and edges to slip )

These are not the shots expected from the guy who just likes to hang in there.

Lets see what the 2 Kolkatta wonders do now.

Last edited by diabloo : 5th April 2008 at 11:17.
Old 5th April 2008, 11:26   #3944
Senior - BHPian

Ind 86/3. I guess they are still having an hangover from Australian tour. Pathetic Display !
Old 5th April 2008, 14:07   #3945
Senior - BHPian

@ diabloo - according to you Sehwag can't do anything wrong. If the ball hits the inside edge and breaks the stumps he is unlucky - if he is LBW the umpire has erred, if he is caught it was a brilliant catch.

And Dravid played more deliveries than Sehwag in both innings - so how can you say - shots played by a batsman who likes to hang in there ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks