Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2018, 00:06   #2776
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
However, if there are other cards with more fuel benefits that any members are using, it would help if you suggest!
For fuel, I have switched to using Paytm. Most pumps accept it, and you generally get good cashback too. To load Paytm, I use Yes Bank/Amex credit card which further gives me reward points, so a double benefit.

If you want both in one card, I would go for Super Value Titanium card by Standard Chartered which gives 5% cashback on fuel, groceries.

Amex has limited availability, with most pump having 1-2 Amex machines causing the wait to be longer too.
Old 7th May 2018, 02:20   #2777
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratosphere View Post

During the process I found out that they don't yet offer cards in the region I am from. Is that condition true?

I would appreciate any tips to get the card.
What region is that? Your location just says “Nearby”

You can apply online for a Gold Card. In my case they had a corporate drive in my office complex and I applied there, but they still route you through the online process which is fairly simple.
Old 7th May 2018, 12:10   #2778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
What region is that? Your location just says “Nearby”

You can apply online for a Gold Card. In my case they had a corporate drive in my office complex and I applied there, but they still route you through the online process which is fairly simple.

Sorry. My bad. 😁
I'm based in Lucknow. Have not heard of any corporate drive from Amex here yet.
I tried going the online route but midway they asked for the address which had options for only about 9-10 cities.
Didn't know how to proceed then?
Old 7th May 2018, 12:28   #2779
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratosphere View Post
I tried going the online route but midway they asked for the address which had options for only about 9-10 cities.
Didn't know how to proceed then?
You're right. The Gold card lists only Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chandigarh/Tricity, Chennai, Coimbatore, Delhi/NCR, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Kolkata, Mumbai, Pune, Surat, Vadodara, Visakhapatnam

But I'm finding it hard to believe they don't issue cards to anyone in Lucknow especially since you have an IIM there and that's the way these guy rack up volumes

My suggestion is call up the closest Amex helpline and complain loudly how Tier 2 city customers are being discriminated against

My guess is this will work.
Old 7th May 2018, 13:12   #2780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
You're right. The Gold card lists only Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chandigarh/Tricity, Chennai, Coimbatore, Delhi/NCR, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Kolkata, Mumbai, Pune, Surat, Vadodara, Visakhapatnam

But I'm finding it hard to believe they don't issue cards to anyone in Lucknow especially since you have an IIM there and that's the way these guy rack up volumes

My suggestion is call up the closest Amex helpline and complain loudly how Tier 2 city customers are being discriminated against

My guess is this will work.

Thanks. Will try this today. Although I don't think they will change their policy for my rant.

Kudos to your evil ingenuity.🙌🏻😁
Old 7th May 2018, 13:17   #2781
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
For fuel, I have switched to using Paytm. Most pumps accept it, and you generally get good cashback too. To load Paytm, I use Yes Bank/Amex credit card which further gives me reward points, so a double benefit.

If you want both in one card, I would go for Super Value Titanium card by Standard Chartered which gives 5% cashback on fuel, groceries.

Amex has limited availability, with most pump having 1-2 Amex machines causing the wait to be longer too.
Super Value Titanium Card does not have reward points on Fuel & Utility Spends.
Old 7th May 2018, 13:27   #2782
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
Super Value Titanium Card does not have reward points on Fuel & Utility Spends.
It does; I've been using it for about a year now. I've not got the 5% cashback on utility spends but get it on fuel all the time. You have the option of reward points/cashback.
Old 7th May 2018, 14:10   #2783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
It does; I've been using it for about a year now. I've not got the 5% cashback on utility spends but get it on fuel all the time. You have the option of reward points/cashback.
I wasn't talking about Cashback. 5% cashback applicable on both Fuel & Utility spends but no rewards points earned on the same.

So it's not a dual benefit as using Paytm & then recharging Paytm with a credit card.
Old 7th May 2018, 14:42   #2784
Senior - BHPian

The Standard chartered card is not a true 5% cash back card for fuel transactions. do check your statements. they charge some 1% as fuel surcharge and then give 5% cash back. so its more like 4%. But still good value and Im using one for the past 4 years.

also note - they have a min txn value for fuel purchase which is now Rs 750 I think - it was 0 first, then Rs500 and now Rs750. so if you fill up less than Rs750 per txn, you get no cash back - rather you pay 1% extra
Old 7th May 2018, 16:48   #2785
BHPian

Have been offered the HDFC Infinia (Visa Infinite) or HDFC Diners Black by my bank.

I travel frequently and my primary attraction for getting these cards is that both offer unlimited lounge access across domestic & international airports. I already hold SBI Elite (Visa Signature) and an ICICI (Mastercard World) cards..so the lower acceptability of Diners at some outlets will not be an issue for me.

The the Diners Black is offered for lifetime free, however the Infinia would be free for the first year only and renewal fees of 10k will be applicable from next year onwards. My annual spends on this card would be approx 4L hence will not qualify for the renewal fee waiver on the Infinia.

Which should I pick and why?
Old 7th May 2018, 18:35   #2786
BHPian

Hi everyone, appreciate some assistance on paying utility bills & fuel purchases

1. Airtel broadband bill of 1300 per month
2. CESC electricity bill of 5000 per month
3. Fuel bills of 8000 per month
4. Ola or Uber of 10000 per month or more (this is frivolous waste and have to cut it down :()

I use Standard Chartered super value titanium for fuel. Everything else is generally Kotak Royale or SBI simply click. I also have a Citibank cashback and an ICICI gold and HSBC card that are very rarely used.

Most of my shopping including groceries is online from bigbasket or grofers.

How do I use which card to get optimized reward points? Also, should I cancel a few cards as I do not use them regularly
Old 8th May 2018, 13:53   #2787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
Hi everyone, appreciate some assistance on paying utility bills & fuel purchases

How do I use which card to get optimized reward points? Also, should I cancel a few cards as I do not use them regularly
I don't think you have to do anything. Some credit card company will read this message and will contact you.

You have put out good amount of info on your expenses, your lifestyle etc.
Old 8th May 2018, 14:19   #2788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
I would get SimplyClick upgraded to SBI Prime, and use it for utility bill payments (electricty, broadband etc) and BigBasket as it offers much higher reward points than any other.

Your fuel bills are going to the correct card. For Uber, currently I believe Standarcd Chartered has a promotion running with Uber. You can also consider discontinuing few of your other cards and going for Diner AllMiles card and get 10x reward points of Uber, BigBasket etc.
Old 11th May 2018, 15:35   #2789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Just to update, got a message stating they have approved my card and it will reach in a week. finally a happy ending after 2 months.
Guess you got lucky, or not

I got a letter that mine was rejected, either ways I had made up my mind of not going with them considering their level of service, so I m back where I started. Will now probably look at HDFC, I have my salary account with them.
Old 12th May 2018, 00:26   #2790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Will now probably look at HDFC, I have my salary account with them.
It might workout. I have applied with HDFC also. After submitting all the documents, I have not got any communication and I also did not bother as I have got this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks