Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2020, 08:54   #3931
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequod View Post
Just adding something here - the reward points on ICICI Amazon Pay card (Amazon, non-Amazon, Prime as well as non-Prime spends) are converted to cash in 1:1 ratio, and automatically credited to your linked Amazon Pay wallet at the end of every billing cycle.
I love the fact that the accumulated "points" is in a cashback that is directly credited into the same Prime account from where the purchases were made at the end of the same billing cycle. So while my card may be used for purchases, the cashback money is directly added to the Amazon Pay account of the Prime Account I spend it at. And reflected in the Amazon Pay statement. And as you mentioned, I have the entire Amazon shopping directory to make my purchases from.

I have asked my brother to convert his own ICICI credit card to an Amazon Pay Credit card for the same reason - direct cash back instead of the hassle of reward points.
Ithaca is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 09:39   #3932
BHPian

Quote:
Just adding something here - the reward points on ICICI Amazon Pay card (Amazon, non-Amazon, Prime as well as non-Prime spends) are converted to cash in 1:1 ratio, and automatically credited to your linked Amazon Pay wallet at the end of every billing cycle.
In case the card and the shopping account or owned by different people, which Amazon Pay wallet account is considered linked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
Then I checked my previous months history on an excel sheet with formulae for 1% (outside spends), 3% (non-prime) & 5% (prime) and I found that I am getting a cashback for an amount close to 5% every month when I add the 5% & 1% cashback.
I guess it is you who is getting the cashback, not your Dad, who is the prime account holder and where you do most of the shopping? I guess you have to spend the cashback balance via your Amazon account that doesn't have the prime? This is not ideal, but may still be better than other card options.
haridsv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 10:02   #3933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haridsv View Post
In case the card and the shopping account or owned by different people, which Amazon Pay wallet account is considered linked?
The card can be used across any Amazon account - the points accumulated will be converted to cash and credited to Amazon Pay wallet of the cardholders Amazon account. In fact, as soon as the card is issued, it is added to your payment options and you can even pay the card bill through Amazon account.

If you go ahead with the ICICI Amazon Pay card - using it for purchase through Prime user accounts (either your own or others) will net you higher percentage of reward points vis-a-vis non-Prime user accounts.

As I said earlier, all these reward points, as well as the ones you earn on non-Amazon spends, will be credited as cash to your Amazon pay wallet, 1:1.

Last edited by Pequod : 1st November 2020 at 10:05.
Pequod is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 10:34   #3934
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Are there any NFC based payment options for iOS in India?
As on 01 November 2020, no. See below:-

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207957
Old 1st November 2020, 10:51   #3935
BHPian

Quote:
I guess it is you who is getting the cashback, not your Dad, who is the prime account holder and where you do most of the shopping?
Quote:
The card can be used across any Amazon account - the points accumulated will be converted to cash and credited to Amazon Pay wallet of the cardholders Amazon account.
As I said earlier, all these reward points, as well as the ones you earn on non-Amazon spends, will be credited as cash to your Amazon pay wallet, 1:1.
I had this specific question when I called the call center and the person informed me that the Amazon Account where the purchases are made using the Amazon Pay card will get the cash back & not the card. I have checked the same on my credit card monthly statements and there is no cash back into my credit card at all.

In my case, the Prime account is in my father's name and the card is in my name. I make the payments using my card on my dad's prime account. As @Pequod has mentioned, being a prime account, it gets 5% cashback. The amount is directly credited into my father's Amazon Prime Pay balance.

So I make any Amazon Prime purchases on other accounts - friends or relatives, using my card, they will get the cashback in their Amazon Pay statement and not me.

I am attaching a screen shot of the Amazon Pay cashback page for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
The Credit Card Thread-cashback.jpg  

Last edited by Ithaca : 1st November 2020 at 10:53.
Ithaca is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 10:59   #3936
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
As on 01 November 2020, no. See below:-

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207957
I figured ICICI offer NFC pay via 'pockets' app but, i-am unable to set it up for my card
Old 1st November 2020, 12:35   #3937
BHPian

Quote:
So I make any Amazon Prime purchases on other accounts - friends or relatives, using my card, they will get the cashback in their Amazon Pay statement and not me.

I am attaching a screen shot of the Amazon Pay cashback page for reference.
Thanks for clearing that up, my bad.

Actually what you say makes sense, this way there is no liability on Amazon in case of a dispute between the account holder and card holder.

I looked up on Amazon too and it’s the ‘purchases’ that are eligible for reward points, not the card - attaching screenshot for reference.

Thanks once again!
Attached Thumbnails
The Credit Card Thread-15d2787842b84427bc1a8e045ac188e9.jpeg  

Pequod is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 13:03   #3938
BHPian

My premise was that its a great card to have if you do a lot of shopping on amazon. However If i shopped lets say only 25% of my online purchasing on Amazon, I might be better off with something like simplyclick.

I too believe its can be a great second card.

TBH there is no single card that covers it all. I use amazonpay card for amazon, Flipkart Axis for FK and simplyclick as well! Earlier this year i wanted to get rid of one (to get a HDFC) and but i just could not decide. So for now unless i get rid of one of these i not getting any other card!
Elito11 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 16:28   #3939
BHPian

Quote:
Your experience is quite interesting...

When trying to find an answer for my original question (The Credit Card Thread), I came across this FAQ that I would like to quote again:
[quote]
If I borrow an Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card from someone else and use it for my own purchases, will I get earnings in the form of Amazon Pay Balance?
Please note that these earnings will only be transferred to the card owner’s Amazon account. If you have borrowed an Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card from another person and are using it for purchase, applicable Amazon Pay balance will not be added to your Amazon account.
[quote]

According to the above FAQ, if a relative borrows your card to use on their prime account, the rewards should come to you, but instead they are going to the borrower's account. This means either the FAQ is wrong or they changed the policy and didn't bother to update it. Either way, this is good for me.
haridsv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 21:14   #3940
BHPian

Quote:
Your experience is quite interesting.
I find it interesting as well. Almost all my retail (from everyday groceries to home decor to gifts to electronics) is on amazon, and I previously researched this card alot, and in the process, came across desidime. The consensus there has been that the amazon pay account under which the card is applied is the master, and will get all the credit/reward/cashback. Any other amazon account borrowing this card will not benefit directly. Also, it need not be that amazon pay account name and card holder name have to match when applying.

For example, if amazon holder is my wife, and on that amazon account, if I apply for an ICICI card on my name and PAN, then that card will be permanently linked to my wife's Amazon pay account. And if tomorrow, I open another Amazon pay account on my name, and would like to move this card's rewards to my account, it wont be possible. my wife's amazon pay account would get credit/cashback.

So basically the card is linked to the account its applied on and that account gets all cashback.

Last edited by Comrade : 1st November 2020 at 21:17.
Comrade is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 22:11   #3941
BHPian

Quote:
In my case, the Prime account is in my father's name and the card is in my name. I make the payments using my card on my dad's prime account. As @Pequod has mentioned, being a prime account, it gets 5% cashback. The amount is directly credited into my father's Amazon Prime Pay balance.
I wonder how you are able to get the reward points into your father's account. My friend's have used my card to purchase stuffs on their prime account and the reward points (cashback) have always come into my amazon pay account at the end of the billing cycle.

The Amazon ICICI card usually gets automatically linked to your amazon account/mobile number when it is approved and also gets added as a payment option. Probably your email address, amazon account or mobile number was previously linked to your father's account, hence the reason why you're getting the cashback? Or are you getting cashbacks for the purchases made through your amazon account as well?
logicalidiot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 22:25   #3942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_chd View Post
You mean no net charges I believe. The cashback is temporary and introduced just to make people get used to charges. It will be over very soon. Charges are permanent.
As per my prophecy Paytm cashback on wallet uploading from credit card is over 'very soon'. I didn't get cashback alert today, so looks like it is gone now. My paytm usage may go down drastically. Amex MRC maintenance will become bit difficult for me.

Last edited by gupta_chd : 1st November 2020 at 22:31.
gupta_chd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 11:17   #3943
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_chd View Post
As per my prophecy Paytm cashback on wallet uploading from credit card is over 'very soon'. I didn't get cashback alert today, so looks like it is gone now. My paytm usage may go down drastically. Amex MRC maintenance will become bit difficult for me.
Even I have stopped using Paytm. The major USP of using Paytm was recharge with a credit card and cashback. Both have been practically discontinued. Using Paytm with debit card or UPI is practically using cash, and in my case I prefer cash. So unless Paytm comes back with better options, I am done with it.

That said till last year I got fabulous deals with AC and other appliances. They too have now been toned down and are no better than Amazon or other e-commerce sites.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 12:14   #3944
Team-BHP Support

Paytm wanted to charge me 2% to use credit card for wallet recharge yesterday. The only other alternative they offer is create a Paytm UPI account.

Want neither, so just used another payment method for my transaction and moved on.
Old 6th November 2020, 07:36   #3945
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
The general criteria has been 5 Lacs Credit Limit on Regalia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
If your current Regalia is LTF and if you are offered an upgrade for Diners Black, just make sure that even the Diners Black is LTF.
I got an credit limit enhancement offer yet again from 5.2 to 6.8 lacs. I accepted it. I am also very close to completing 5 lacs expenditure in this year.

Let's see.

Yes my regalia is life time free, I was asked to enroll for bill pay thru smart pay and I did.

Most Viewed