Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2021, 11:37   #4261
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

has any one got the 10K fees waived for the HDFC infinia? I have a regalia and HDFC is pushing for the upgrade. I am not keen on paying the annuals as I already have other premium cards for the perks( For which I am paying the annual).
Old 26th March 2021, 11:55   #4262
BHPian

Apologise for a very very stupid question but I have been looking for some answers. I've axis bank credit card, I bought a phone on emi for about 9k approximately in October 2020, emi was for 6 months. In December I paid whatever remaining amount was (6k if I remember correctly). But I'm still getting charged for emis. The amount I paid, it just got converted into credit I guess. The emi still shows in my unbilled spends. Is this how credit card thing works? Please tell me how to use credit card correctly.
Old 26th March 2021, 12:23   #4263
Senior - BHPian

Are there any apps/cards that allow you to scan the UPI QR codes and pay via CC? I know UPI and CC are different but just asking. Basically, I am looking for a touchless solution. Many times, merchants do not have a machine that supprts RIFD but will have a QR code available to scan and pay.

I tried the HDFC PayZapp app. Even added money from my CC to the virtual PayZapp card. But when scanning a UPI code, the money goes from the linked UPI account and not the pre-loaded virtual card account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
The emi still shows in my unbilled spends. Is this how credit card thing works? Please tell me how to use credit card correctly.
Yes, unless you call the bank and tell them to close the loan, the payment won't be considered as loan repayment. But IMO there is no point in pre-closing the CC EMI's since the interest is already calculated and you don't save anything.
Coming to the usage part, buy stuff on EMI only if you get an interest-free EMI offer. Else, pay the CC bill in full always.
Jaguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2021, 14:18   #4264
BHPian

Team, I had an HSBC Platinum Card which expired last month. That was my only credit card and it was rarely used. Infact I only carry it during long trips to be used in case of emergency.
Now, I would like to get a new one. I am basically looking for-
1) No annual charge.
2) Online shopping benefits - Amazon, Swiggy, Zomato etc...

Is there a card where one can set the credit limit? Like keep it say Rs. 10000 for online shopping.
Old 26th March 2021, 14:42   #4265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Are there any apps/cards that allow you to scan the UPI QR codes and pay via CC?
Gpay allows sbi, Kotak visa HSBC and axis bank credit cards to be added for quick payments through scan to pay.

Hdfc cards, IMO, we don't have an option as of yet.
Torq is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2021, 15:59   #4266
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Now, I would like to get a new one.
Start with the bank where you have a salary account / significant holdings. Else, the Amazon ICICI credit card is the easiest to get.

Quote:
Is there a card where one can set the credit limit? Like keep it say Rs. 10000 for online shopping.
All banks allow you to do that on the card now.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2021, 17:25   #4267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
has any one got the 10K fees waived for the HDFC infinia? I have a regalia and HDFC is pushing for the upgrade. I am not keen on paying the annuals as I already have other premium cards for the perks( For which I am paying the annual).
Hi I got upgraded from regalia to LTF Infinia couple of months back. Asked my RM to send me a mail for LTF offer and then went ahead with the upgrade. Hope this helps.
Old 26th March 2021, 18:05   #4268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torq View Post
Gpay allows sbi, Kotak visa HSBC and axis bank credit cards to be added for quick payments through scan to pay.

I have HDFC, Citi, ICICI, and Amex cards. Talk about luck
Old 26th March 2021, 18:12   #4269
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
I have HDFC, Citi, ICICI, and Amex cards. Talk about luck
On Gpay, credit cards can only be used to pay bills(ON Gpay itself) and at contactless EDC's and not to make UPI/QR payments. Happy to be corrected.

Last edited by vinu_h : 26th March 2021 at 18:23.
vinu_h is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2021, 11:12   #4270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Team, I had an HSBC Platinum Card which expired last month. That was my only credit card and it was rarely used. Infact I only carry it during long trips to be used in case of emergency.
Now, I would like to get a new one. I am basically looking for-
1) No annual charge.
2) Online shopping benefits - Amazon, Swiggy, Zomato etc...

See if you are eligible for the ICICI-Amazon card. It satisfies all your conditions.
Aroy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2021, 11:20   #4271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
On Gpay, credit cards can only be used to pay bills(ON Gpay itself) and at contactless EDC's and not to make UPI/QR payments. Happy to be corrected.
As per Gpay it can be used for QR code payments to businesses, which means UPI payments to businesses should be possible but not UPI transfers to individual VPA or to phone numbers.

I am waiting for Gpay to enable ICICI credit cards.
Old 27th March 2021, 11:25   #4272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have SBI and Axis bank credit cards but unfortunately both are mastercard and Gpay accepts only Visa variants of these banks' cards.
Old 27th March 2021, 11:36   #4273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Even I am facing this. Suddenly all the outlets are not having Citi EDC machines and there is no option to redeem the points for fuel. I am seriously thinking whether it’s worth to use this card for points when you cannot redeem for fuel.

If anyone has redeemed points in any of the outlets in South Bangalore, please share.
Sorry for the late response.
I live in Chennai and have to share my good experience with Citi Bank IOCL Card.
I have redeemed Turbo points even this week at IOCL outlet using a non-Citi EDC (may be Citi has stopped this arrangement), it was HDFC.

I was assured that this will not affect the Turbo points redemption, no fuel surcharge and addition of turbo points.
Citi has made the redemption very simple as we instantly get a SMS saying that we can redeem the points for the payment made for the purchase by clicking the link.

The redemption has to be done within 24 hours of purchase using the Citi Card.
Of Course the fuel surcharge was waived and also turbo points were added despite of using HDFC EDC.

In one occasion the SMS link was showing error and when contacting Citi Customer care, I was directed to redeem online by logging to the card account and "Reward Redemption" option.
This is valid for 10 days from the date of transaction and usually the transaction gets loaded in couple of days to be viewed in the card account.

I was able to redeem the points online for the IOCL transaction easily as directed.
Overall my experience has been very good with Citi Bank IOCL card and especially with Citi Bank for more than 18 years.

I have used the same card in Bowring service station in St. Marks Road and have not had any trouble at all.
Please find out a suitable and reliable IOCL outlet to enjoy this benefit which is very helpful in these days of high fuel cost.
Old 28th March 2021, 09:29   #4274
BHPian

Hi friends,

My HDFC Bank credit card is up for renewal in a couple of months. This card has so far been 'Lifetime Free' with no strings attached (i.e no minimum annual spend requirement or anything like that). However, the latest HDFC MITC mentions an annual fee for this particular card, and a minimum annual spend requirement for annual fee waiver (and no mention of "Lifetime Free")!

I wonder whether the bank will change the original T & C to include this condition on renewal. HDFC bank representatives offer nothing beyond verbal promises of the card still being 'Lifetime Free', whatever that means now! Would appreciate hearing from members' about their actual experiences of any T & C changes on renewal of such originally 'Lifetime Free' cards. Thanks.
Old 28th March 2021, 11:26   #4275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
Hi friends,

My HDFC Bank credit card is up for renewal in a couple of months. This card has so far been 'Lifetime Free' with no strings attached (i.e no minimum annual spend requirement or anything like that). However, the latest HDFC MITC mentions an annual fee for this particular card, and a minimum annual spend requirement for annual fee waiver (and no mention of "Lifetime Free")!

I wonder whether the bank will change the original T & C to include this condition on renewal. HDFC bank representatives offer nothing beyond verbal promises of the card still being 'Lifetime Free', whatever that means now! Would appreciate hearing from members' about their actual experiences of any T & C changes on renewal of such originally 'Lifetime Free' cards. Thanks.
Many banks are stopping Lifetime Free cards, so this is nothing new. Heck even my HDFC ATM debit card has an annual fee now.

The only bank that still has LFT cards that I know of is ICICI. Both my Platinum and Amazon cards from ICICI are LFT, sadly my AMEX which was LFT for last 20 years has now started annual fee (so I cancelled it).
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks