Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2022, 16:34   #5101
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Which of the two between HDFC Regalia and Diners club privilege is better? Primary use case would be to use for dining out, groceries, other retail purchases (electronics, clothes etc). I have heard good things about both the cards and my friend has diners club card which he says is good. Not sure if they are accepted at all merchants though. Any help from the gurus here would be helpful
I dont know the comparison of benefits between these two, but one thing I wanted to let you know is, still Diners card is not detected at some of the vendors. I have Diners Black CC and I use Amazon Pay ICICI CC wherever the HDFC card throws error. I have tried to get the answer from HDFC customer service, but I have been unsuccessful so far.
kavensri is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 16:54   #5102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
I dont know the comparison of benefits between these two, but one thing I wanted to let you know is, still Diners card is not detected at some of the vendors. I have Diners Black CC and I use Amazon Pay ICICI CC wherever the HDFC card throws error. I have tried to get the answer from HDFC customer service, but I have been unsuccessful so far.
This makes the choice easier for me Thanks kavensri
Old 15th January 2022, 17:09   #5103
BHPian

Just received my Zomato edition card issued in collaboration with VISA / RBL bank. Card application was breeze and delivered in 4 days flat.

Card look premium to hold and what ever transactions i do, gets updated in real time in Zomato app with applicable cash back. Very transparent process IMO .

https://www.cardexpert.in/rbl-zomato...lassic-review/
.sushilkumar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 17:38   #5104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
snip
Hi Tejas,
Quick question for you - is the complimentary dineout membership for infina card holders valid for only 12 months from date of activation, or does it work longer ?
Old 15th January 2022, 19:00   #5105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post

Do not redeem via Netbanking.

Go to HDFC Smartbuy Page, Under Privileges you will find Regalia, Redeem Reward Points for Amazon Vouchers via this route, you will see a much better value per point here. Not sure why but HDFC has kept Amazon vouchers with two different values at two different locations.
Tejas, I literally logged in to thank you for this! I can't believe I didn't notice this all these years. I wonder why HDFC is this opaque in the way that they offer their product benefits. It just adds to my frustration with them.

I decided to do a simple comparison of what the conversion ratios for both Reglaia (via netbanking) and American Express for their Travel Platinum cards were. Have attached it to this post.

Lastly I have over 20000 points in HDFC on Regalia and over 45000 points on the Amex Travel to redeem, what would your advice be if I do not redeem for any travel vouchers/flights as I have no need for them at the moment?
Attached Images

Vandit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 19:13   #5106
BHPian

A question to HDFC CC holders, is HDFC dishing out new credit cards?, anyone applied recently and received one?. I applied for a card on Jan 3rd, did not receive any SMS or Email notification about the application, but the status online shows "In Process", its been 12 days now.

Not impressed.
FURY_44 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 19:30   #5107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Just received my Zomato edition card issued in collaboration with VISA / RBL bank. Card application was breeze and delivered in 4 days flat.

Card look premium to hold and what ever transactions i do, gets updated in real time in Zomato app with applicable cash back. Very transparent process IMO .

How did you apply for it? Is it on a life time free basis or do you have to pay an annual fee?
Old 15th January 2022, 20:09   #5108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Same frustrating experience here and due to non-acceptance everywhere, I'm thinking to switch from Black to Regalia. Not entirely sure if I can get an upgrade to Infinia instead.
Weathered is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 20:12   #5109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weathered View Post
Same frustrating experience here and due to non-acceptance everywhere, I'm thinking to switch from Black to Regalia. Not entirely sure if I can get an upgrade to Infinia instead.
It will be a downgrade if you happen to do that, isn't it? I know it is really frustrating when we face that problem. But for me, most of the card usage will be online and I don't have any issue over there.
Even I contemplated switching to Infinia, but my current DB card is LTF and I am not getting conclusive answer from HDFC if the Infinia will also be LTF if I happen to upgrade. So, as of now, I have decided to continue with my DB card.
kavensri is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 21:44   #5110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post

It looks like the cash back is received only in the form of Zomato credits. If that's the case, it's only useful for heavy zomato users. Can we use Zomato wallet on other sites similar to Amazon pay wallet?
Old 15th January 2022, 21:50   #5111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
How did you apply for it? Is it on a life time free basis or do you have to pay an annual fee?
You can apply through Zomato app. In the app go to Money tab at the bottom section and there you will see the Edition tab if you are eligible or invited. It's not open for all and not everyone got the invite yet. In my case I could see LTF offer with zero issuance/renewal fees.

Thanks to sushilkumar for the heads up. I applied for it and the complete digital process was over in 30mins. There was a slight delay due to video KYC else it is actually a 5min process to apply and get a credit limit approval along with digital card details. Physical card will be couriered after few days I suppose. My approved credit limit is also a healthy 2lac+ unlike Flipkart Axis's paltry 50k limit

Although the major USP of this card is ordering food through Zomato or dining out which gives 5% reward points, both of these have become rare for me in recent times. The major selling point was LTF offer along with 10% unrestricted rewards on your Birthday which is a excellent way to gain loads of Zomato cash by making big ticket purchases on one's birth date. For more details you can refer to the link shared by sushilkumar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
It looks like the cash back is received only in the form of Zomato credits. If that's the case, it's only useful for heavy zomato users. Can we use Zomato wallet on other sites similar to Amazon pay wallet?
No that's not an option. And I don't think it will ever be a option. The reward program is centered around Zomato. So go for it only if you want to enjoy free food from Zomato. However you can use the Zomato cash to make payment at Restaurants where Zomato payment/pro is accepted.

Last edited by Funny : 15th January 2022 at 22:04. Reason: Added details
Funny is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 00:38   #5112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
I think I got 0.33 value from what a member posted here about Regalia. I do travel quite a bit but from what I have learnt from reviews, budget airlines like Air Asia are not available. How would you rate Regalia vs. other cards?
9 out of 10 Regalia cardholders have it as Lifetime free card. If the monthly spends on Credit Cards are not more than 25-30K average, this card can work as a combination of ICICI Amazon Pay + Axis Flipkart + Axis Ace with its 5% Cashback on Smartbuy. Add to it, Regalia also provides a certain number of Domestic & International Lounge Accesses which is good for occasional travel

If you are looking for a comparison with any specific other card, let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjainv View Post
Hi Tejas,
Quick question for you - is the complimentary dineout membership for infina card holders valid for only 12 months from date of activation, or does it work longer ?
Only for 1 Year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
Lastly I have over 20000 points in HDFC on Regalia and over 45000 points on the Amex Travel to redeem, what would your advice be if I do not redeem for any travel vouchers/flights as I have no need for them at the moment?
This will depend on when the expiry of those points are and how much would u value them to hold for travel redemptions till then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FURY_44 View Post
A question to HDFC CC holders, is HDFC dishing out new credit cards?, anyone applied recently and received one?
Yes, they are issuing new cards.
Old 16th January 2022, 01:01   #5113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FURY_44 View Post
A question to HDFC CC holders, is HDFC dishing out new credit cards?, anyone applied recently and received one?. I applied for a card on Jan 3rd, did not receive any SMS or Email notification about the application, but the status online shows "In Process", its been 12 days now.

Not impressed.
Same. I had been for a long time not a fan of HDFC Bank after a small dispute with them about the salary account I had all the way back in 2009 which ended up with me ending my relationship with them.

So, even though I have had many corporate LTF offers etc. at work since then, never applied a credit card with them. With all the Regalia and Infinia (potentially a future upgrade) reviews, I applied for their card through their website. No email or SMS confirmation and interestingly no decision on the credit card as well. Most cards are nowadays giving instant approval and even issuing the card # instantly. Looks like HDFC's tech chops are still an issue even after RBI mandate had been lifted.
Yieldway17 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 10:20   #5114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
I applied for their card through their website. No email or SMS confirmation and interestingly no decision on the credit card as well. Most cards are nowadays giving instant approval and even issuing the card # instantly. Looks like HDFC's tech chops are still an issue even after RBI mandate had been lifted.
On Jan 9th, 7 days after I had submitted my application, I receive an SMS from CIBIL saying a new loan account has been added to my account, I also receive an email stating there's a change in my CIBIL score.

This has left me puzzled!
FURY_44 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 12:15   #5115
Senior - BHPian

Amex has an offer going on till 22nd Jan wherein you get 22 reward points for every 100 spent. But there is a catch
Quote:
• This offer is only valid for transactions made through Reward Multiplier. Transactions made directly on partner websites (outside of Reward Multiplier) would not be eligible for this offer.
This offer is not valid on e-Vouchers purchased via Reward Multiplier.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks