Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2022, 16:30   #5221
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Could someone provide feedback on HDFC Millennia card? I currently use ICICI Amazon Pay card for most online shopping on Amazon which provides flat 5% cashback without any limits. For other online purchases, I use Indusind Pinnacle which has a 2.5% cashback rate. Would HDFC Millennia provide any extra cashback if one uses Smartbuy? What happens if we purchase an Amazon voucher as some members here have discussed? I also like the 5% cashback on Zomato as well as the 5% discount on Dineout. Would this card provide a significantly better reward rate via Smartbuy? I am aware of the Rs 1000 per month cap on cashback.
Old 22nd February 2022, 09:01   #5222
Senior - BHPian

Woke up today to lot of messages and emails regarding approval of my ICICI amazon pay card. Was surprised considering that I had last discussed in the month of October and then had dropped it considering the details they were asking. It seems that my application was under process and finally they approved it. Thought of cancelling it at first but will use it for sometime to see if its beneficial and then decide.

Anyone had similar experience? Also is there a way to set limit of transaction on the card? Asking this as the credit limit is pretty high and I do not want it to be misused.
Old 22nd February 2022, 09:15   #5223
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Anyone had similar experience? Also is there a way to set limit of transaction on the card? Asking this as the credit limit is pretty high and I do not want it to be misused.
I got it within a week of applying.

Login to the ICICI bank website with the customer number. You will find options to configure limit, enable/disable one-tap payments and international transactions.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 09:58   #5224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
Could someone provide feedback on HDFC Millennia card?
From the terms and conditions https://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/pa...llennia-cc-new it appears that there is an additional 1% cashback for using smartbuy/payzapp on Amazon.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 22nd February 2022 at 10:07. Reason: Trimmed quote
whitewing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 22:37   #5225
BHPian

I am posting my query here because it takes too much time waiting on customer care phone.

Just got off the phone with HDFC customer care clarifying the finance charge on my latest bill. It turned out that I did not pay my last bill in full because I was referring to an older bill. So in current bill there is finance charge of X,500 rupees. Deficit in my last payment is approximately Y,000 rupees. However this amount is not reflected in current bill. So when i make payment should I add this Y amount to current due amount?
Old 23rd February 2022, 23:42   #5226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
I am posting my query here because it takes too much time waiting on customer care phone.

Just got off the phone with HDFC customer care clarifying the finance charge on my latest bill. It turned out that I did not pay my last bill in full because I was referring to an older bill. So in current bill there is finance charge of X,500 rupees. Deficit in my last payment is approximately Y,000 rupees. However this amount is not reflected in current bill. So when i make payment should I add this Y amount to current due amount?
I don't have any experience on this but generally in credit card bills, the total payable amount in your latest statement will show Previous Due + Current Due = Total Due.

Please check this and pay the the Total Due if it is structured that way.
Old 28th February 2022, 11:04   #5227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
On providing the consent, it was activated and card account charged the very next day.
Congratulations!
I too got charged the annual fee. So, the program is very much alive (and ready to be taken advantage of).
turbospooler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 14:02   #5228
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post

If this is your first ever miss, you can ask the customer care executive if they can waive it off. I once forgot to pay my bill on time and managed to waive of the excess charges but they had still charged the GST on those charges.

Just be polite and say this was a genuine mistake and you're a long standing customer etc.
Old 1st March 2022, 13:11   #5229
Senior - BHPian

I got a mail from Amex asking me to register at NeSL protal. Have anyone of you registered? Didn't get any such mail from my other CC providers.

Quote:
As per RBI regulation regarding submission of financial information to Information Utilities (IU), it is mandatory for American Express, as a financial creditor to submit financial information about Cardmember’s Card accounts to National E-Governance Services Limited (NeSL). NeSL is the appointed IU by the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI).
To ensure compliance with this regulation, starting April 2022, American Express will report your Card account information to NeSL. You will receive monthly email notification from NeSL to review and verify the information that American Express will submit on an ongoing basis.
To authenticate or dispute the report within a stipulated timeline, you will have to register at NeSl’s portal.
Jaguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 13:29   #5230
BHPian

It seems HDFC Bank Credit card Smart Buy Instant voucher Amazon gift card through Gyftr limit has been decreased from Rs. 10,000 to Rs.5,000 per calendar month from 1 March. It shows only vouchers only up to Rs.5000 and if you try to buy again, displays the error message that max allowed limit if Rs.5000 per calendar month.

Anyone else observed this?
Old 1st March 2022, 15:00   #5231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
It seems HDFC Bank Credit card Smart Buy Instant voucher Amazon gift card through Gyftr limit has been decreased from Rs. 10,000 to Rs.5,000 per calendar month from 1 March. It shows only vouchers only up to Rs.5000 and if you try to buy again, displays the error message that max allowed limit if Rs.5000 per calendar month.

Anyone else observed this?
After reading this message, I tried and I was able to add Rs10000 Gift Card to the cart. I tried selecting all the listed CC and it allowed me for each and every card.
Old 1st March 2022, 15:14   #5232
Senior - BHPian

I am reducing the number of CC's I hold and have already cancelled SC (Never used from 2013). Next on the list is Yes bank and SBI CC's. I plan to keep only Citi rewards & IOC card for all retail purchases plus retain the Amazon pay card.

Is there any benefit of holding onto SBI card?
Old 1st March 2022, 15:26   #5233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
After reading this message, I tried and I was able to add Rs10000 Gift Card to the cart. I tried selecting all the listed CC and it allowed me for each and every card.
I don't know what the problem is. See the snapshot. Last month, it was correctly showing Rs.10,000. If I selected and purchase Rs.5000 now and next time it is showing an error message as stated previously.
Attached Images

Old 1st March 2022, 15:34   #5234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
I got a mail from Amex asking me to register at NeSL protal. Have anyone of you registered? Didn't get any such mail from my other CC providers.
The so called regulation (dated Dec, 2017) calls upon all financial creditors to comply with IBC & IBBI regulations. I haven't gone through the regulations or the conditions under which they apply. But if these were applicable in case of regular credit card users, I believe all banks would have notified their customers till now. I am using Credit cards from 3 banks and till now haven't received any such notification.

So, before sharing any data on any portal, please re-confirm by calling up the bank. I am smelling something fishy here.
AutoNoob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 15:59   #5235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
...I plan to keep only Citi rewards & IOC card for all retail purchases plus retain the Amazon pay card.
Do keep in mind that your Citi credit card will soon turn in to an Axis bank credit card once the purchase of Citi India retail business goes through.
ValarMorghulis is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed