Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2012, 10:14   #256
Team-BHP Support

re: Overdrive Magazine plagiarizes my Travelogue (now resolved!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_DEL View Post
I know you and the other party signed on the dotted line for this to be over, but was the conclusion completely to your satisfaction or did you just get it over and done with? Were are you copyrights acknowledged without caveats/conditions?
As it is with any mediation, both parties come to a middle ground. However, either party is not permitted to disclose the details.
Old 24th July 2014, 15:01   #257
Senior - BHPian

Hi, I just wanted to check what is the procedure to resolve such an issue, first you write to them and if they do not oblige give them legal notice. There is a website which has used one of my pictures. I have the original image.
Old 25th July 2014, 10:25   #258
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Hi, I just wanted to check what is the procedure to resolve such an issue, first you write to them and if they do not oblige give them legal notice. There is a website which has used one of my pictures. I have the original image.
Yes, that is the procedure. If you would like to pursue this you should contact a real lawyer.
Old 25th July 2014, 16:20   #259
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
My advice :

- Contact the webmaster. Give it multiple attempts, and if no response you can threaten legal action. This is the easiest way.

- If its just an image that has been used without credit, and nothing has happened from doing the above; forget about it. It's really not worth getting worked up about. Focus your time on something better (perhaps making more steal-worth images )

- In Tsk1979's case, it wasn't just an image that was used. There was a false story cooked up with it. That's what made it different and worth doing something about.

cya
R

Note from Mods: Since tsk1979's issue is now resolved, we've closed this thread.

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th July 2014 at 18:12. Reason: Adding closing note without bumping the thread.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks