Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2011, 15:59   #181
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Overdrive Magazine plagiarizes my Travelogue (now resolved!)

Overdrive dropped an email and wants the following to be posted on this thread:

Quote:
Dear Team-BHP Members,

We appreciate you bringing to our notice the issue with the travelogue in the latest issue of our magazine. While our response to you has been delayed, we have been in touch with Tanveer from the instant the matter was escalated to us. We are treating this matter with utmost seriousness and working as hard and as fast as we can to resolve it. The matter has been explained, a solution offered and we have been waiting for Tanveer to respond.

What we want to state very strongly is that we take pride in the effort that goes into generating the stories that we do and take our integrity and credibility very seriously.

Regards,
Team OVERDRIVE

PS: Nitin Yadav: The images used in the Desert Storm story were supplied for print use by the organizers of the event - Northern Motorsport. I suggest you take up the images issue with them - they are our sole source of event images for printing and have accordingly been credited.

--
SIRISH CHANDRAN
Editor,
OVERDRIVE

Last edited by GTO : 11th April 2011 at 09:46.
Old 8th April 2011, 16:07   #182
Senior - BHPian

Its real bad for OD for having done this. But then the matter is now between OD and the author and hope it will be resolved to satisfaction.
Old 8th April 2011, 16:11   #183
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
We are treating this matter with utmost seriousness and working as hard and as fast as we can to resolve it. The matter has been explained, a solution offered and we have been waiting for Tanveer to respond.
Dear Sirish,

I would like to categorically state that I am NOT at all satisfied with the solution that you have offered to me. In my opinion, as someone:

- Whose content has been stolen by Overdrive & Goodyear

- And whose name has been used, WITHOUT AUTHORISATION, to market tires that I have in fact NEVER used on the Safari.

I consider your solution unreasonable and unacceptable

Last edited by Eddy : 8th April 2011 at 16:13.
Old 8th April 2011, 16:23   #184
Senior - BHPian

"What we want to state very strongly is that we take pride in the effort that goes into generating the stories that we do and take our integrity and credibility very seriously"

Well Overdrive I hope your pride has got a Turbo Boost after this incident.
And you can take your "Integrity and Credibility" very seriously. Only problem is that I don't.

And in this world of social networking, do not underestimate a netizen.

I do not know what solutions you have offered but I have an inkling that they will be pretty lame (just like your words).

Last edited by GTO : 11th April 2011 at 09:45. Reason: PM coming up
Old 8th April 2011, 17:09   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Dear Sirish,

I would like to categorically state that I am NOT at all satisfied with the solution that you have offered to me.

What was the solution that was offered?
Old 8th April 2011, 17:32   #186
Senior - BHPian

PS : Overdrive: Whatever you may do, your act has back-stabbed an OD follower in me and broken the trust. I understand loosing me as subscriber won't affect your 'reputed' magazine or your 'business' but still wanted to tell you that no subscription renewal this time or any time in future . Good Bye !!

Last edited by GTO : 11th April 2011 at 09:47. Reason: PM coming up
Old 8th April 2011, 17:33   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Dear Sirish,

I would like to categorically state that I am NOT at all satisfied with the solution that you have offered to me. In my opinion, as someone:

@TSK

As I had indicated earlier my experience with sundry corporate types caught playing dirty suggests, your best case scenario is litigation for grievances under the statutes, violation of the provisions of which entails criminal prosecution.

Once you commence on that road, you will encounter initial bluster and "tainu vi dekh laange" nonsense. However the moment they see you persisting you will see a hitherto missing cordiality and contrite behaviour with a plea to your sense of kindness and reasonableness.

This is easier said than done. However if you want justice that is the ONLY way to go.

All the best.
Old 8th April 2011, 18:29   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Sirish dropped an email and wants the following to be posted on this thread:
OD should be taken to court for this kind of copy paste act . they though that since Tanveer is a common man they can get away with this ...

I hope tanveer proves them wrong..
Old 8th April 2011, 18:47   #189
Senior - BHPian

I am never buying OD again. It would be TopGear or ACI. Get a life, OD.
Old 8th April 2011, 19:00   #190
BANNED

OD's solution is not at all acceptable, So that means if i were the sole supplier of images to OD then they would keep on posting the images w/o considering their credibility.

Btw now since they have actually acknowledged this, then this can be taken as a proof in a court of law.

Last edited by GTO : 11th April 2011 at 09:48. Reason: No targetting individuals or name-calling please.
Old 8th April 2011, 19:19   #191
Distinguished - BHPian

I wonder how many articles OD publishes a month which are 'lifted' from the net! One can always take a printout and read! Why bother waiting for OD's next issue and 'buying' it to read the same stuff?

We came to know of this only coz it was a BHPian who was involved.
Old 8th April 2011, 19:40   #192
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear God, if that's what Overdrive "wants" to be published on this thread, they must not have a very high opinion of TBHPIANs

Wake up and smell the coffee! The days of auto magazines charging exorbitant prices for glossy pictures and dated content is past. Who wants that when you can have real-time, unbiased, accurate and interactive content here at Team BHP?

Tanveer- now that you have spurned their offer you may as well tell us what it is!

Last edited by GTO : 11th April 2011 at 09:49. Reason: PM coming up
Old 8th April 2011, 19:57   #193
Senior - BHPian

So OD sill doesn't acknowledge any mis-doing or theft. It's an "issue" which is being dealt with with seriousness and urgency.

Wonderful!
Old 8th April 2011, 20:06   #194
Senior - BHPian

You took the wrong path, IMHO.

You should have first served a Legal Notice, and then a lodged a formal case, before you began discussions. That would have placed you higher on the negotiation stakes.

Now that you have engaged in discussions, prior to filing a case, the case (if you do it now) would be looked upon as somewhat retrospective, and OD would be able to successfully argue that they have offered you redress, that you have refused, with an intent to profit inordinately, out of this incident. They may present your initial negotiation attempts as an effort to coerce them into making hefty payments, and in their firm rebuttal of the same, your filing the consequent case. Since, this potentially dilutes your case a bit, you lose the advantage that you originally had, for the negotiations.

Just my opinion...

Last edited by roy_libran : 8th April 2011 at 20:10. Reason: Some adds.
Old 8th April 2011, 22:28   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
You took the wrong path, IMHO.

You should have first served a Legal Notice, and then a lodged a consequent case. Since, this potentially dilutes your case a bit, you lose the advantage that you originally had, for the negotiations.

Just my opinion...

OD's insinuations not withstanding a violation of the law is a violation of the law. No more No less.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks