Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2011, 11:34   #181
Senior - BHPian

re: Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants

So many comments on where to park, but no one has a concrete answer to the question. Where/What is DCC mall! .
Ojas tried to answer it as best as he could though.
Bala, stop scaring people, will you?
Its not rained that heavily, that the irrigation dept would realese water from the dam's.
Old 11th August 2011, 11:36   #182
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Which is the DCC mall? Been in Pune for the past 31 years and I still dont know .
Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
might be a new one or a newly named one! I dont know it either, just gave parking/ route info based on the location as mentioned by dot's friend
Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I dunno what DCC Mall is either. But I do know what DCC is. In the past it was "the" place to go if you were building a PC. I am assuming its the same place, just being called "Mall" now.
Its right next to Sukanta restaurant.
DCC is a "puneri" acronym for Data Care Corporation. Its in the lane right next to Deccan Gymkhana Bus Depot. I doubt anyone called it DCC though like Sajo did. Reminds me of how people call Fergusson College road as "F.C. College" Road.

How many of the contributing members to this thread are members of Pune Traffic Police facebook page? It would be interesting to report grievances and traffic related problems on that page. It was setup by the ex DCP (Traffic) Pune - Manoj Patil and seems to be doing quite a bit of work in improving the situation.

EDIT: For Swanand - http://maps.google.co.in/maps/place?...62578990216078

Last edited by moralfibre : 11th August 2011 at 11:38.
moralfibre is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th August 2011, 11:41   #183
Senior - BHPian

@Moralfibre: Thanks for that clarification. The answer to your second quesiton, most of us are a member of the PTP page on FB. Sajo is an active member on that page . Has been reporting grievances and asking quesitons, thus helping us humble souls with answers related to Hinjewadi problems.
Old 11th August 2011, 11:48   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Bala, you are scaring the hell out of noop by saying so. Don't worry noop it hasn't rained heavily for past 2 days as yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Bala, stop scaring people, will you?
Its not rained that heavily, that the irrigation dept would realese water from the dam's.
Guys, its better to be forewarned. By the way though I dont think noop would park there, I hope he does not prove me wrong. On top of it if the irrigation department ends up releasing water, I will live up to my nick VoD (voice of doom). Somehow I seemed to have a knack of predicting gloomy incidents for most of my colleagues onsite! Now isnt that part scary? Stay away, here I come

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
How many of the contributing members to this thread are members of Pune Traffic Police facebook page? It would be interesting to report grievances and traffic related problems on that page. It was setup by the ex DCP (Traffic) Pune - Manoj Patil and seems to be doing quite a bit of work in improving the situation.
Now now, why would someone want to let me loose there! Thanks moralfibre, this sounds useful. I only await the return of my not-so-smart phone from the service centre.
Old 11th August 2011, 12:22   #185
Senior - BHPian

^^ Yep, am an active(ish) armchair campaigner on the PTP (Pune Traffic Police's) FB page.
This model is now being implemented by traffic departments across India though. Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai and Chennai have joined the FB bandwagon.
Old 11th August 2011, 13:07   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
^^ Yep, am an active(ish) armchair campaigner on the PTP (Pune Traffic Police's) FB page.
This model is now being implemented by traffic departments across India though. Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai and Chennai have joined the FB bandwagon.
What is your satisfaction level in terms of grievances being addressed by the department?
Old 11th August 2011, 13:34   #187
Senior - BHPian

They are very prompt in replying (on FB), but not that prompt in real life. But thats understandable. They are making an effort, and thats good enough for us.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2011, 14:49   #188
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks guys. You were all right- but sadly I didn't see any responses when I logged in this morning and then had to leave so misse most of these. As a result, parked (correctly as it turned out) on JM Road just outside KFC but spent about 40 minutes searching for the place, walking all teh way upto Deccan Gymkhana before a young Punekar guided us to the right track. Even after finding DCC, was totally stumped where Credila was and then turned out there are 2 DCCs (one a ramshackle buidling by the riverside and the otehr a posh-looking building close by). Don't ask- and the Credila office was on the third floor of a building BEHIND the posh DCC called Nirmiti Heights (no signboards of any kind, thank you very much!)

Needless to say I was so pissed off by the time I got there that the lack of service I got (am a customer) just acted to trigger me off and I raised quite a scene before someone came and helped me out, with a warning not to "disturb the environment".
Old 11th August 2011, 15:00   #189
Senior - BHPian

Lol Noop, that was a hilarious account of what transpired in the morning. However frustrating the situation may have been, later on all you can do is laugh at it!

The buildings in that side of Pune (city area included) are so close to each other and so cramped up, that it is impossible to find an address even for a regular Pune-ite.
Old 12th August 2011, 11:26   #190
Senior - BHPian

Whats with people simply not letting the Balewadi barricades (on NH4) be? Was a mini traffic jam today with tonnes vehicles which included 4-5 cars, tempos, two wheelers waiting to pass by.
Even if they put them back on, Punekars remove them for their own convenience within just a few hours!
Old 12th August 2011, 12:02   #191
Distinguished - BHPian

Even with those barricades in place I have seen motorbike riders squeeze through and come onto the highway as vehicles whizz past at 80 kmph and above. Am sure if some carwallah is unfrtoatunate enough to bang one of these bikers, they will be roundly criticised and booked for "dangerous and rash driving" while the biker claims the moral high ground.

On related note, I have been berated roundly for zooming on Sus Road by a guy coming THE WRONG WAY. He was like "Gaadi disat naahi ka?" (Can't you see my vehicle?) I told him he was coming teh wrong way, he shrugged and said everyone does it. I lost it, gave him the finger and suggested he participate in some incestuous relationships (in the chastest Marathi I could muster up!)

Not proud of myself but sometimes you have to put people in their place!
Old 12th August 2011, 12:29   #192
Senior - BHPian

They shouldnt have widened Sus road. It looks good, is well paved, but people simply lack the sense to use it properly.
Its got to be one of the most "wrongsided" roads in whole of pune.

The other day, I was having the following conversation with the guy I share my office desk with.
Me : I hope you dont break any rules while riding your new bike to work.
Guy : Car drivers are scary man, hence I prefer coming to work from the "two-wheelers waali side" only.

In Hinjewadi parlance, "two-wheelers waali side" = Wrong side.
Old 12th August 2011, 13:01   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now this is news to me. Bikers actually think that the wrong side is the two wheeler wali side. I hope you are not serious.

Our man is not visible for the last couple of days? I hope he has not been transferred.
Old 12th August 2011, 13:08   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guy : Car drivers are scary man, hence I prefer coming to work from the "two-wheelers waali side" only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Now this is news to me. Bikers actually think that the wrong side is the two wheeler wali side. I hope you are not serious.
Our man is not visible for the last couple of days? I hope he has not been transferred.
Guys, as a frequent bike rider and car driver, I can say that the problem is easily transferred to the other 'type' of vehicle in terms of generalisation. While as I a bike rider I have issues with car drivers speeding too close to bikes, I also have issues as a car driver when bike swerve in and out of traffic at high speeds with no regard for lanes.

In short, it is the lack of sensitivity towards other people in terms of how one flick of the steering/ handle can change someone's life forever. I guess it reflects the overall sorry state that we live in these days/
/end pessimistic rant
Old 12th August 2011, 15:11   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Guys, as a frequent bike rider and car driver, I can say that the problem is easily transferred to the other 'type' of vehicle in terms of generalisation.
That wasnt the intention,sorry, didnt mean to generalise. I just wanted to point out for the average Johnny Punekar, the sense of whats right or wrong is non-existent or twisted as per his conveniences.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks