Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2013, 15:34   #1681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post

Its not a day it will be the next two months!
dahi handi, ganpati, navratri, diwali.
From my experience dahi handi is the worst for traffic, maybe since it is a one day festival. The previous two occasions my commute time more than doubled, chandni chowk being the sore point. This time I plan to leave office by 4pm.
Old 31st August 2013, 10:24   #1682
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

The situation has improved at warje. I study at the sinhgad warje institute. Coming to college after 9 in the last 2 months meant I have to leave home atleast 30mins before the usual timings. I stay in dahanukar and normally it takes me 15-20 mins when I use the Karve road. The new flyover created a havoc during rains. I used to be stuck for 15-20 mins everyday near shell petrol pump. But now the situation is good. Hope it remains as it is now!
Old 16th September 2013, 17:39   #1683
Senior - BHPian

re: Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants

Post on PTP FB page about the traffic restrictions for the Ganesh immersion procession:

"Following sections of the important roads will remain close for vehicular traffic for Ganapati Immersion Procession Ceremony.

1. Shivaji Road - Kakasaheb Gadgil Statue junction to Jedhe Chowk (Swargate)
2. Laxmi Road - Sant Kabir Chowk to Tilak chowk (Alka Talkies Chowk)
3. Bagade Road - Sonya Maruti Chowk to Phadke Houd Chowk
4. Bajirao Road - Bajaj Statue (Sarasbaug Chowk) to Futka Buruj Chowk
5. Kumthekar Road - Tilak chowk to Chitale Corner Chowk
6. Ganesh Road - Daruwala bridge to Jijamata Chowk
7. Bhonde/ Kelkar road - Budhwar Chowk to Tilak Chowk
8. Gurunanak Road - Devjibaba Chowk to Hamje Khan chowk to Govind Halwai Chowk
9. Tilak road - Jedhe chowk to Alka Talkies
10. Shashtri Road - Senadutt Chowk to Alka Talkies
11. Jungali Maharaj road - Jhansi Rani Chowk to Khandojibaba Chowk
12. Karve road - Nal Stop Chowk to Khandojibaba Chowk
13. Fergusson College road - Khandojibaba Chowk to Main Gate of FC
14. Bhandarkar road - PYC Gymkhana to Good Luck chowk to Natraj Chowk (on JM Road)

Alternate Routes for motorists
1. Do not proceed on the bylanes or approach roads leading to the immersion procession routes
2. Motorists heading towards Swargate from Pune Rly station can use Nehru road, Pudumjee road, Koyaji road and further can proceed to Shankarseth Road. Similarly, those motorists on way to Pune Rly Station should use the same route vis-a-vis
3. Motorists heading to Deccan from Pune Camp can use Council Hall Chowk, Mangaldas Chowk, Raja Bahadur Mill road or Ambedkar road, Mal Dhakka, Shahir Amar Shaikh Chowk (Gadital Chowk), Kumbhar Ves, to Dengle Bridge
4. Motorists heading to Swargate from Kothrud can use Nal Stop, Mhatre Bridge, Senadutt chowk, Sinhgad road junction, Sarasbaug, Mitra Mandal chowk
5. The buses heading to Mumbai from Swargate has been directed to use Sinhgad road
6. The motorists heading to Kothrud from Shivajinagar, can take Shimla office, Sancheti Chowk, S G Barve chowk, Modern College road, Dnyaneshwar Paduka chowk, Model Colony, Deep Bungalow Chowk, Law College road via Senapati Bapat road
7. Motorists heading to Deccan from Sinhgad road can use Rajaram Bridge or Dandekar Bridge junction, Senadutt Chowk, Mhatre Bridge, Nal Stop -- onwards
8. The Shankarseth road will remain open for vehicular traffic from Hadapsar
9. Motorists heading to Swargate from Yerwada, can use Circuit House, Bhairoba Nala, Shankarseth road and onwards. While, the Deccan bound motorists can take Bund Garden road, Engineering College road, Sancheti Chowk onwards
10. Vehicles on the Prabhat road will be diverted as per the traffic situation. The traffic is likely to be diverted from the bylanes or approach roads connected to Karve road or Bhandarkar road
11. The Mumbai bound vehicles from Yerwada has been diverted from Golf Chowk chowk, Chandrama Hotel chowk, Holkar bridge to Old Mumbai Pune highway. Besides, vehicles heading towards Yerwada from Mumbai has been diverted vice - versa."

No timings mentioned, though.

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2013, 11:50   #1684
BHPian

Literally the whole city is going to come to a standstill starting today evening and continuing till Thursday afternoon. Major arterial roads and all by lanes closed. Thankfully all schools and colleges are closed and also most of the offices are closed.
Old 15th October 2013, 09:44   #1685
Senior - BHPian

After seeing and experiencing and in general being at the receiving end of all the chaos, anarchy , road rage , lawlessness on the streets of Pune , I feel I have maybe five years of driving left in me. At the rate things are spiraling downwards , I dont think a normal, tax paying, law abiding , non-"connected" person will be able to hold on much more.
The car will be relegated to the occasional outstation use.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2013, 12:19   #1686
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
After seeing and experiencing and in general being at the receiving end of all the chaos, anarchy , road rage , lawlessness on the streets of Pune , I feel I have maybe five years of driving left in me. At the rate things are spiraling downwards , I dont think a normal, tax paying, law abiding , non-"connected" person will be able to hold on much more.
The car will be relegated to the occasional outstation use.
LOL
Don't you think this is applicable to most aspects of Life in India.
And not just limited to traffic ... ?
Old 15th October 2013, 12:31   #1687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
At the rate things are spiraling downwards , I dont think a normal, tax paying, law abiding , non-"connected" person will be able to hold on much more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Don't you think this is applicable to most aspects of Life in India. And not just limited to traffic ... ?
I think he is trying to tell us that he will mutate into a non tax paying, law unabiding (if there is such a word), "connected" person.
sajo, please do not forget me when you get there!

On second thoughts, his inherent good nature will take over and he will start complaining on the Pune traffic police FB page again!
Old 15th October 2013, 13:24   #1688
Senior - BHPian

Last evening, there was a horrible bumper to bumper jam from Pulse Mall till Kalyani Nagar junction. I am not sure what was wrong. Luckily it took me just about 15 minutes extra, since I was on a two wheeler.
Old 27th December 2013, 09:29   #1689
Senior - BHPian

Between Pulse mall and Novotel/ Hyatt on Nagar road, heading towards Kharadi

A trailer truck has broken down in the right lane kissing the BRTS wall. This is immediately after that horrendous slope and just before the section where a new lane has been created on the left (including some trees, between the left and middle lanes)

Between this section and Novotel, a tempo traveller has rear ended a 709 truck in the middle lane. Traffic was piling up in the morning, so watch out. One can get a clear view at the top of the slope. choose your lane based on where the vehicles are seen

Last heard, the TT was still in the middle lane. The 709 has moved to the left. No efforts being made for the trailer in the right lane
Old 27th December 2013, 13:52   #1690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
This is immediately after that horrendous slope and just before the section where a new lane has been created on the left (including some trees, between the left and middle lanes)
This sounds so funny for an uninitiated reader. But if one frequents that road, or knows that road, he would easily understand what you mean!

BTW, has anyone ever taken off from that horrendous slope? Everytime i cross that, i think some biker is going to launch himself and his bike, on that stretch.
Old 27th December 2013, 14:20   #1691
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
BTW, has anyone ever taken off from that horrendous slope? Everytime i cross that, i think some biker is going to launch himself and his bike, on that stretch.
The gradient on that slope has lessened a bit as the approach road from basement -1 (novotel side) to ground floor (pulse mall) had to be redone due to the underpass from Viman nagar to Kalyani nagar.

What made that section worse was it also came with a turn almost like the Eau rouge at Spa. I hope with the BRTS, that turn is also straightened a bit.
I dont know of anyone talking off, but have seen quite a few stalled on the upward slope experimenting with the half clutch

I did see a couple of guys inadvertently doing a wheelie earlier this week and literally rearending themselves on the road. But this was at Garware bridge on JM road.
Old 8th January 2014, 12:41   #1692
Senior - BHPian

Have the authorities completely abandoned the flyover plans at Bavdhan/just-before Baner ? I havent seen any activity at all for many months now. Just a lot of inconvenience and long queues of traffic at the diversions, especially in the evening.
Old 9th January 2014, 12:06   #1693
BHPian

Quote:
Have the authorities completely abandoned the flyover plans at Bavdhan/just-before Baner ? I havent seen any activity at all for many months now. Just a lot of inconvenience and long queues of traffic at the diversions, especially in the evening.
The reason for my elevated blood pressure these days. If the work is going on, we can tolerate the inconvenience for better road tomorrow. But now there is no hope here. Some time back I read that some problem with Forest or some similar department that objected the construction and contractor lost interest in this project as heavy losses are mounting.

Back in 2005 when I shifted to Pune from Mumbai. I decided to stay in area, Satara road, where my relatives are located. Though it was nearly 30Km from Hinjewadi, commuting time was just 50 minutes one way, compared to 1.5 hours I was spending in Mumbai. Now I am back to 1.5 hours.

Just two days back, Traffic suddenly slowed down after Praj because of bottleneck ahead for Bavdhan diversion. So I reduced speed from 70 to 30. Though this was predictable to me, guy behind me could not predict it. Probably busy on his phone, rear ended me with speed of 40. Now I am driving my brand new Polo GT with broken bumper and scratches

Sometime back I logged a complaint on NHAI website about horrible condition of abandoned construction. I promptly got acknowledgment email with complaint number. But after than nothing happened.
radek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 12:07   #1694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Ojas, all road widening for the bypass has been "on hold" status. No clue as to why, but if you notice, all work has stopped. Not only flyovers, but even the widening has all but halted.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 15:09   #1695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have the authorities completely abandoned the flyover plans at Bavdhan/just-before Baner ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Ojas, all road widening for the bypass has been "on hold" status. No clue as to why, but if you notice, all work has stopped. Not only flyovers, but even the widening has all but halted.
Not sure who pays for all of this work. But if any of it has to come from the PMC, tough luck.
Apparently due to the LBT struggle, the coffers are not flowing as much as they should have been. Ergo, a lot of projects from PMC side have been put on hold. Only essential works are being done and no new work will be sanctioned till April at the least
If funds are expected from elsewhere, there could be multiple other issues, many of which would invite an infraction if we start talking about those

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks