Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2017, 12:42   #2086
BHPian

Does anyone have contacts for escalation with HDFC fastag? I didn't get my cash back since September and also I have been debited wrong fare in one of the toll recently. Raised a support ticket but no use so far.
Old 30th December 2017, 19:41   #2087
BHPian

Regarding Full-KYC conversion with Equitas, today got another SMS saying the cut-off date has been extended till Feb 28th, 2018.

The situation at ground is that bank officials are not aware of what should be done. As of now, in complete darkness on way forward.
vvijayakrishnan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2017, 20:48   #2088
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Yesterday and today KIAL exit toll has been promptly charging the correct rate of Rs. 125 from my ICICIB tag. Looks like the free or subsidized run for me at least is over :-)

Have another trip tomorrow; will report back by late night.
Yes, the KIAL tolls seem to be functional since some days, but the toll gate towards Hyderabad is not working (today i.e 30th Dec), while the toll towards Bangalore is functional.
Old 30th December 2017, 22:12   #2089
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
The dedicated system is now soon becoming history with all lanes getting scanners fixed. My drive to Aurangabad 2 days back, many booths had closed the dedicated lane and I had to take the adjacent lanes and I never paid but said Fastag and they allowed me within 5 seconds as soon as the sign displayed "Valid Tag".
I have observed the same at Chalageri and Hebbalu toll booths during my recent trip to Goa.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-ft1.jpg  

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-ft2.jpg  

airbus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th December 2017, 22:23   #2090
BHPian

Ordered mine from Paytm, got it delivered today. The process is far more simpler than getting it from ICICI or any other bank.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-15146526867661604079060.jpg  

Old 31st December 2017, 04:46   #2091
Team-BHP Support

Just done with a 1800kms round trip to finish the year, and happy to report that Fastag was working in ALL of the 10 toll plazas enroute Bangalore to Trivandrum and back.

Not much time saved, but the convenience factor sure brings a smile when things work flawlessly.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2017, 07:15   #2092
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
I have observed the same at Chalageri and Hebbalu toll booths during my recent trip to Goa.
Yes and this is the reason why their 'dedicated' booths are now near permanently shut down. During my return 2 days back I asked why FASTag was closed and he said 'all lanes are FASTag". The reason I posted the pic was not because I saw it first time but I had the one to click in was I wanted to show how Fastag lanes were closed. The hybrid booths as they call is now implemented across since Nov 1 and soon all will have it

In a way I like this arrangement than just one lane, especially since I was doing an all night drive and only thing I saw on roads were buses and more buses and few more buses apart from NH Trucks, all using FASTag.

The scanners were quick and the vehicles were moving faster than usual. Once implemented pan India, across all booths, and people start using FASTags regularly, we will have less to complain.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2017, 09:35   #2093
BHPian

Guys - finally after a wait of nearly 1 month and continuous followups, I have received the fastag from icici bank (Bangalore). Would not advice any one to take one from icici bank - paytm or any other providers would be better and faster.
Old 31st December 2017, 14:19   #2094
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Fastag experience from a Bangalore-Gandikota-Bangalore drive:
Onward:
1. Devanahalli - right most (dedicated Fastag) lane had one truck and few other cars. Some of the cars paid cash too (there was no one to man the lane at the entry.
Fastag worked here at the toll booth without any issues.

2. Bagepalli - second lane from left was the dedicated Fastag lane and it was blocked with a metal barrier and plastic tape all around the lane. There were a bunch of 2 wheelers parked near the booth on this lane! Took the next lane (numbered Lane 1) and the scanner at the booth worked.
There was a KL registered Maruti Alto in front of my car on this lane and he just non-chalantly drove right through the toll booth without paying There was no boom barrier and the attendant inside was extremely shocked and came out running waving his arms, but the car just continued moving forward at low speed.

Took the route via Gorantla, Kadiri, Pulivendula so no more tolls.

Return:
Returned via Anantapur, so there was one more toll this time.

1. Maruru - Dedicated Fastag lane was second from left, took it and the boom barrier in the middle of the lane did not open since tag wasn't recognized. Backed up all the way out of the lane and couple of toll attendants came up and asked to retry by driving in slower and closer to the sensor. By now the car had almost exited the lane and suddenly the toll staff pointed towards the green light that lit up and asked us to proceed (barrier opened). As we reached near the booth, two other attendants asked us to pay cash since they assumed the tag wasn't valid Before we could explain, these guys said a bus in the adjacent lane had trigerred the sensor!
By now the guys who had let us in to the lane came up to the booth and explained that it was actually my car's tag that was recognized, so we were asked to proceed after all the drama!

2. Bagepalli - Dedicated Fastag lane was blocked, took the next lane and tag worked at the booth.

3. Devanahalli - Right most lane was the dedicated Fastag lane, the sensor worked and boom barrier opened.

Last edited by NPV : 31st December 2017 at 14:21.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2017, 16:08   #2095
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Fastag experience from a Bangalore-Gandikota-Bangalore drive:
In short, the hybrid system is now functional at almost all tolls that I too have recently traveled.

Good enough to say that if Fastag lane is blocked, take the next one and say 'Fastag' and you will be allowed to pass post validation by the scanner, which itself is quick enough.
Old 31st December 2017, 16:49   #2096
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday and today KIAL exit toll has been promptly charging the correct rate of Rs. 125 from my ICICIB tag. Looks like the free or subsidized run for me at least is over :-)

My other car has a Paytm tag. Yesterday, the KIAL exit boom worked seamlessly saving me at least 10 minutes of queuing, plus 125 rupees was promptly debited to my wallet.
Old 31st December 2017, 18:20   #2097
Senior - BHPian

I got a chance to use my Fastag over the past two days for the first time, though I have it for the past 2 months. It worked seamlessly at all the 3 toll booths between Hyderabad and Kurnool in both directions.

I used the dedicated lane, that was barricaded at all but one booth, and the attendant promptly removed them when I honked and pointed at the tag. I saved at least 5 minutes in each booth, as there were 3 to 4 vehicles in other lanes.

During my return trip yesterday, there were 3 huge trucks in front of me on the Fastag lane, while all other lanes had 4 to 5 vehicles. I was comparing to a car that was ahead of me, but on another lane. I could pass sooner than him, as it looks like all the trucks in front of me had Fastags.

Got the SMS for each toll about 40 minutes later, but the Pullur one came after 3 hours on the return trip, with the wrong time!

Overall a very pleasing experience.
Old 1st January 2018, 09:08   #2098
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Same here. I returned from KIAL on 30th Dec and I thought it was a free pass through the Fastag lane as usual. But got the SMS an hour later that 125 has been debited.
No more free lunch it seems.
Old 1st January 2018, 12:00   #2099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post

2. Bagepalli - second lane from left was the dedicated Fastag lane and it was blocked with a metal barrier and plastic tape all around the lane. There were a bunch of 2 wheelers parked near the booth on this lane! Took the next lane (numbered Lane 1) and the scanner at the booth worked.
All lanes in Bagepalli have scanners.
rajesh1868 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2018, 14:50   #2100
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
All lanes in Bagepalli have scanners.
Thanks for the information.

Instead of depending on tribal knowledge, I think these toll plazas should have signage indicating that all lanes accept fastag, it is very misleading when you find the dedicated lanes blocked off.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks