Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2018, 08:57   #2236
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post

I'd suggest you call ICICI fastag customer service and find out if your vehicle registration number can be updated since it is essentially the same car with a new number.
I Called up the helpline and she told me what to do, essentially raise a question with "change in reg no" in subject line. Add a pic of new RC book and submit. Wait for 10 working days thereafter. Lets see, will update then
goandude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2018, 22:31   #2237
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Fastag RFID for our WagonR
Procuring and linking additional tag(s) to an existing tag account - ICICI Tags only

Received the tag this evening, sharing the entire experience with timeline, hope it helps others.

11 Jan ->I wasn't in a hurry to get the tag, so looked up the website, and decided to try the SMS option:
ITOLL(Space)PIN Code(Space)Name to 5676766

Sent the SMS and 30 minutes later, Received a SMS response that an executive will call within 2 working days.

12 Jan ->Phone call from ICICI Fastag department (Bommanahalli, Bangalore branch). The lady mentioned that if I'm in a hurry to get the tag, I can visit the branch, if not an executive will get in touch with me by Tuesday next week (Monday was a state government holiday).

16 Jan ->Phone call from ICICI Fastag executive. I explained that I already have an account (Customer ID) and a Fastag for the Dzire is linked to it and I was looking to get a tag now for the Wagon R. The executive mentioned that since this was the case, they would need fewer documents, payment can be transferred online via NEFT and documents could be sent via WhatsApp (this was a surprise for me!). He also mentioned that he will deliver the tag at my office by Friday the following week.

Within the next 5 minutes I received a message from the executive with these details:
  1. Documents Required
    • Vehicle RC Copy
    • Any 1 KYC Document (Driving License/Passport/Voter ID/Aadhaar Card)
    • 1 Passport Size Photo
  2. Payment Details
    • Rs.600 by NEFT (Joining Fee 200 + Refundable Deposit 200 + Minimum upload/tag Balance 200)
    • Online NEFT Payment
      • Beneficiary Name : ICICI ETC POOL
      • Account Number : 0103SLELTCPC
      • IFSC Code : ICIC0000103
      • Account Type : Current
      • Branch : RPC MUMBAI

Since I already had an existing Fastag account, only document I had to send was the Vehicle RC Copy, nothing else

16 Jan ->Transferred Rs.600 by NEFT from an ICICI account. But, here are couple things to keep in mind:
Though the beneficiary is an ICICI account, when adding the payee, you have to select "Other bank account", not "Another ICICI account" !

IMPS will NOT work, use NEFT only!

17 Jan ->Received an SMS saying Fastag account #xyz has been activated
Logged in to my ICICI Fastag Account and I could see that under the Customer ID a new tag account has been added and the balance was showing up as Rs.600

18 Jan ->Received an SMS saying Tag #abc has been assigned to Fastag account #xyz
Logged in to my ICICI Fastag Account and I could see that the new tag account's balance was now Rs.205.3 and the Activity History showed that Tag issuance fee was Rs.194.70 (Fee Rs.165 + GST Rs.29.70) and tag refundable deposit was Rs.200

19 Jan ->Received a call from a Fastag executive (not the person I was dealing with) and he said he can deliver the tag at my office, but I will need to pay Rs.150 as "Delivery Charges". I wasn't informed about this earlier so asked him what the alterative was and he said it will be couriered. I was fine with this, so he said he will send it by DTDC courier.
Received a call later from the executive whom I was dealing with and he said he was unwell so he will deliver the tag the next day. I told him I'd asked his colleage to courier it over to me. Now he told me that the Delivery charge will be waived since he had not come over to collect the application and documents physically!

20 Jan ->Received a call from the executive if he can deliver the tag at my office. It was saturday and I wasn't at office, so he said he will have it couriered via DTDC. My past experience with DTDC wasn't good, so I asked him to send me the Tracking # for any follow ups

22 Jan ->Spoke to the executive again and he said the tag has been sent via DTDC, he was surprised I still hadn't received it. Asked him for the Tracking #, he said he will send it but no response

23 Jan ->Status Quo. Called the executive and he suggested I speak to the Team Leader and he shared his phone #.
Called the Team Leader and he said he will try to find out the status of the package and Tracking #.
The local DTDC outlet was walking distance from my home, so headed there and checked around 5:30pm and they said there was no package for me. But they asked for my contact number and promised to call if they receive a package for me from ICICI Fastag.

Around 6:30pm, I received the Tracking # by SMS from the Team Lead. When I checked status online, status showed as "Successfully Delivered" and destination pincode was Whitefield!
Called him back and told him that the Tracking # is likely incorrect, so he said he will check and revert in an hour

7pm, the DTDC guy calls me saying he just received my package, so I walked up and collected it. Surpise - the Tracking # was the same that the Team Lead had sent me earlier.
The DTDC guys said that their hub is in Whitefield whcih is why destination pincode was Whitefield, but when I pointed out that status was "Successfully Delivered" on 22 Jan, he said it happens sometimes!

To give him the benefit of doubt, that could be the status of the delivery at their hub. However, I do not yet see an additional update saying it was delivered today to the customer (me).

Anyways, All's well that ends well - Took about 12 days to get the tag.

Last edited by GTO : 27th January 2018 at 10:24. Reason: Adding title :)
NPV is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 10:52   #2238
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
sharing the entire experience with timeline, hope it helps others.

Thanks NPV. That was comprehensive and you have managed to explain the entire process on not just the procurement (latest) but also linking the second tag to an existing tag account. This will help many who already have a Tag from ICICI and would want to get one more and are unsure how to manage both!

You can request mods to add a heading in bold with the following:

"Procuring and linking additional tag(s) to an existing tag account - ICICI Tags only"
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th January 2018, 10:27   #2239
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Procuring and linking additional tag(s) to an existing tag account - ICICI Tags only
Thanks for the suggestion! Added it, and also added NPV's useful post to the opening post of this thread.
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th January 2018, 11:56   #2240
BHPian

Received this message from ICICI (my FasTag provider)

Quote:
Dear Customer, now ICICI Bank FASTag recharge is even more convenient with direct UPI! Make UPI payment to VPA netc.<10-digit vehicle number>@icici. For details, visit FAQ section in www.icicibank.com/fastag
Now this is something which I was really looking forward since the time UPI was launched. This method enables one to load money on FasTag without logging into the ICICI site. Just use your UPI app and load money within seconds.

Towards evening I loaded some money into the tag account and I'm happy to say that this works!
Unfortunately, BHIM did not work as it verifies every UPI ID you pay to. But the ICICI and HDFC bank apps don't have any such verification.

Last edited by ampere : 28th January 2018 at 00:13. Reason: Fixed quote tags
@Chaand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2018, 21:04   #2241
Distinguished - BHPian

So they finally started deducting money for passing through Devanhalli Toll Booth going towards Hyderabad? Passed through this toll booth today and continuing the earlier dismay, there is no exclusive Fastag lane and I had to tell the guy that I had a Fastag and he then let me pass manually. I was charged later. However by now both our cars have passed enough times through this toll booth free of charge that I have recovered whatever money was spent on the Fastag

The opposite side had a security guard with a dedicated lane. I am not sure whats the problem this side.
Old 27th January 2018, 23:23   #2242
BHPian

A few days back I finally applied for a FASTag for my Jazz from Paytm and it was delivered on the 5th day(including weekend).

Installed it in such a manner that it closely follows the issued guidelines, easy to scan if there be need for the attendant to do it manually, won't come in the dashcam aperture and neither obstruct my view nor really be an eye sour.

Away and indeed above of the dashcam
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-1-dashcam-coverage.jpg

Close to the center of the windshield to follow the NHAI prescribed guidelines for affixing
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-2-fastag-out.jpg

Doesn't really an eye sour either
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-3-fastag-out2.jpg

Lastly, I have a query. In the Paytm app under the option to manage your FASTag(s), there's a toggle to de-activate/activate the tag.

1. Is activation or de-activation instant in the real time?

2. Can I use this feature as to turn off or turn on as per my wish? Say for instance, I find a long queue in the FASTag lane and decide to rather take the card/cash lane which appears lucrative. Now to be on the safer side that I accidently do not have my tag charged as well, I shut to lock my Paytm FASTag account and upon passing the toll barrier I un-shut it again to become available.

See the screenshot from my Paytm app for the reference, the toggle switch has been encircled red.
Name:  4 FASTag Control.png
Views: 6791
Size:  29.0 KB

Thanks!
Nohonking is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th January 2018, 08:26   #2243
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohonking View Post
A few days back I finally applied for a FASTag for my Jazz from Paytm and it was delivered on the 5th day(including weekend).
The activation / deactivation is not instant as there will be a lag between issuing bank server to NPCI server to toll Plaza management system. Please avoid.

Last edited by GTO : 28th January 2018 at 17:11. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
abhjain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2018, 12:06   #2244
ike
BHPian

I applied online for an HDFC Fastag and got an SMS saying it has been issued successfully. Will this be hand delivered by someone or do they courier it? It says that the tag will be affixed by authorised personnel. My car is with me in Chennai but the address I have given is my Kerala address.

Last edited by ike : 28th January 2018 at 12:19.
Old 28th January 2018, 17:19   #2245
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

It would be extremely impractical for any issuer to have it personally installed. The rule demands and hence the sms. You should be getting a courier soon
abhjain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2018, 08:28   #2246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
I applied online for an HDFC Fastag and got an SMS saying it has been issued successfully. Will this be hand delivered by someone or do they courier it? It says that the tag will be affixed by authorised personnel. My car is with me in Chennai but the address I have given is my Kerala address.
I cannot comment about HDFC FasTag. When my parents had come visiting in Bangalore, we applied for an ICICI FasTag using the registered Kerala address and got the tag delivered in Bangalore by the ICICI personnel. Earlier the representative would affix the tag, now it's DIY.
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2018, 14:31   #2247
BHPian

Slightly , I am using Paytm FasTag instead of the one posted on my Tiago's windshield. I'd driven outside NCR for about 500 kms max on National highways and expressways. I personally recommend FasTag if you're cruising on National Highways only. FASTags for instance aren't accepted on Yamuna Exp, KMP Manesar-Palwal stretch and I believe but not sure whether they will be accepted on upcoming KGP, Agra-Lucknow, Meerut expressways etc. Funniest part is actually not many know about FASTags and what general public do is to queue up on FASTag lanes and then use cash to cross the toll. I've seen people fighting with the collection folks on Manesar and Neemrana FASTag lanes, ending up in wasting both time and fuel. And sometimes I was allowed to cross the toll without paying anything just by saying I have FasTag and I don't wish to pay in cash, and the collector replied that his machine is not working or stuff like that . So essentially initiative and implementation are two different things, hope our highway minister knows about it.
Old 29th January 2018, 16:07   #2248
BHPian

I recently sold my Punto and bought a new Dzire. The punto already had a fastag from Equitas. I just went ahead and purchased a new tag for Dzire and started using it.

the new owner of Punto used the tag once and then due to low balance the tag went in to deactive mode.

Wanted to close the tag on punto, so went in to my fastag account on equitas fastag portal, but i wasn't able to close that tag account. So i raised a complaint on the portal and after almost 15 days got a call asking about the issue. After explaining the issue, i was told i can simply swap the old tag of punto for a new tag to be used on Dzire.

But i made them understand that i already have purchased and using a new tag for Dzire, they asked me to close the account and the balance would be transferred back to my preferred bank account.

I was still getting an error as the tag balance for punto was 74/-. The equitas helpline was not sure why i wasn't able to close that account and asked me to wait for few more days while they check with the backend team.

I took a guess, recharged the punto tag with 100/- there by making the balance to 174/- and then tried to close the account. Viola! i was able to close the tag account successfully.

Couple days later the equitas team called back, before they could explain what needs to be done, i informed them that i was able to close the account successfully and won't required any further assistance.

The support from equitas fastag team was slow, their tag aren't read easily at the toll booths. But when it comes to dispatching a new tag they are super fast and on both the occasions i have received the tag in 3 days of applying on their website and uploading the documents.
Old 29th January 2018, 16:58   #2249
BHPian

Paytm Fastag registration line still shows "Unable to process your request. Please try again".
It is really disgusting that Paytm has not fixed this issue for quite a long time. I read the same problem on this thread almost 6 months before and on a continued basis for 6 months now.
Old 29th January 2018, 17:05   #2250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Paytm Fastag registration line still shows "Unable to process your request. Please try again".
It is really disgusting that Paytm has not fixed this issue for quite a long time. I read the same problem on this thread almost 6 months before and on a continued basis for 6 months now.
That's strange. I had bought and registered a PayTM fast tag a few days ago and faced no issues in submitting the online form.
Is it the same or are you talking about a different registration process. I received my tag in 3 days after the filling of the online form.

Most Viewed