Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2019, 05:44   #4471
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Like most major banks, Canara Bank is also selling FasTags at prominent branches. A friend picked up one yesterday, after submitting the requisite documents. Preference is given to the bank's regular customers.

No affiliations; just passing on information.
dailydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2019, 11:07   #4472

sorry, it might sound quite dumb - but is it possible to get a FasTag without the waiting? I would prefer a bank as its less paperwork.
Old 27th December 2019, 11:32   #4473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabkaraja View Post
sorry, it might sound quite dumb - but is it possible to get a FasTag without the waiting? I would prefer a bank as its less paperwork.
You can get in NHAI toll plazas without waiting. But be prepared for the huge queue. And paytm requires no paperwork. A scanned copy of your car's rc and aadhar would suffice.
Old 27th December 2019, 12:36   #4474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes. Visit the same car dealer you bought your vehicle from. You will get it in 15 min. Not sure if a random dealer will let you get it but ideally it should not matter. I had to provide aadhar card and rc copy for the same.
I did it for both my cars. You will get rupees 200 as initial balance.

Last edited by rajivtelang : 27th December 2019 at 12:37.
Old 27th December 2019, 13:26   #4475
Senior - BHPian

NPCI Announces Fastag Recharge Option Through BHIM UPI

National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has announced that vehicle owners will now have the option of Fastag recharge via BHIM UPI among other recharge options. Any smartphone with BHIM UPI enabled app will allow vehicle owners to recharge their Fastags on the go and avoid long queues at the toll plazas. The National Electronic Toll Collection (NETC) program has been designed to meet the needs of the Indian market and is accessible across toll plaza pan India. The toll payment solution includes clearinghouse services for settlement and dispute management.

Read more..
nairrk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2019, 14:01   #4476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
NPCI Announces Fastag Recharge Option Through BHIM UPI

National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has announced that vehicle owners will now have the option of Fastag recharge via BHIM UPI among other recharge options.

Read more..
Yes, I have a Fastag procured through ICICI. Recharged twice via UPI option. ICICI recharge format is netc.<vehicle number>@icici. Not sure it would be same for other banks. Received bank SMS of money deducted but didn't receive confirmation of recharge. However at the toll, amount was deducted and SMS balance amount showed that the recharge was successful.
Old 27th December 2019, 14:17   #4477
BHPian

Applied for Fastag through ICICI Mobile app last Saturday, received the Tag today. I did not have to provide any documents to them, just my vehicle number & 499.00 was deducted from my bank account. Could not have been smoother, I hope it works smoothly too.
Old 27th December 2019, 14:52   #4478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
But on checking found they have debited more than needed and have raised a complaint. Lets see their response.
Was the issue resolved? How long did it take then?
Old 27th December 2019, 16:26   #4479
BHPian

Quote:
Yes it's possible. Just go to your nearest NHAI toll plaza. You can buy NHAI fastags or airtel/paytm/ICICI fastags(if they have separate counters). They will scan your RC & issue you a fastag instantly.
Old 27th December 2019, 17:31   #4480

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponbaarathi View Post
You can get in NHAI toll plazas without waiting. But be prepared for the huge queue. And paytm requires no paperwork. A scanned copy of your car's rc and aadhar would suffice.

trying my best to avoid that. looks like I have to take it on

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Yes. Visit the same car dealer you bought your vehicle from. You will get it in 15 min. Not sure if a random dealer will let you get it but ideally it should not matter. I had to provide aadhar card and rc copy for the same.
I did it for both my cars. You will get rupees 200 as initial balance.

checked with a couple of them. they are out of stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordlover88 View Post
Yes it's possible. Just go to your nearest NHAI toll plaza. You can buy NHAI fastags or airtel/paytm/ICICI fastags(if they have separate counters). They will scan your RC & issue you a fastag instantly.

will check for sure. Was avoiding ICICI after seeing the general negative feedback.

I guess I will goto NHAI plaza
Old 27th December 2019, 22:05   #4481
BHPian

This could be a possible issue for double Deductions.

Toll concessionaire MCEPL and operator Skylark concur. “No doubt many of the new tags are weak and require hand-held machines for reading. But motorists, too, are to be blamed for not adhering to basic rule of driving on these lanes. On many occasions, the cars don’t maintain distance and the machines read the tag of the vehicle that is just behind the one that is struggling to get its card read,” noted an MCEPL official.

Source

Last edited by saisree : 27th December 2019 at 22:09.
Old 27th December 2019, 22:45   #4482
BHPian

Even though I have had Fastag for about 2.5 years now and had in general a very good experience , today was the first time I got to use it after the mandatory announcement was made.

In all the 3 toll plazas I used, Fastag and Cash lanes were split equally for now and potentially cash lanes reduced in near future. There were lot of people in all 3 plazas to make sure people without Fastag don’t enter Fastag lanes but I’m not sure how long this circus will go on as 70% of the vehicles were still using cash lanes.

All 3 plazas have now automated boom barriers instead of only one plaza before which is good. Scanning was successful in all 3 plazas and was only asked to maintain 1 car length instead of the previous ‘wait until previous vehicle crosses the barrier’ rule. I also didn’t have to open my window even once which was not the case before as I always had to talk with the attendant and they then will either scan with fixed or handheld scanners.

Last edited by Yieldway17 : 27th December 2019 at 22:47.
Yieldway17 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2019, 11:14   #4483
BHPian

My experience with Fastag between Chennai & Tuticorin and back during last 5 days was smooth and at no place hand scanner / cash payment was required for 'non-detection' / 'Blacklist' scenario. At all toll plazas (11 no.s in between) hardly I was required to stop or may be just for a second or two. But as you go farther away from Chennai, the cash payment was also done at exclusive Fastag counters which was the reason for any delay for me at Toll Plazas. Even at Vanagram (at Chennai Bypass) Toll plaza this was the case I noticed during my onward journey. Hope the experience will further improve in coming days.

The recharge which I made on 22nd by BHIM UPI to Axis Fastag got credited in my Fastag account just 2 minutes after I crossed the last Toll Plaza on my return journey, yesterday, after several followups with all the 3 parties (2 Banks + BHIM)! The highlight of this transaction was when BHIM replied

"We are unable to fetch the transaction status based on the given Reference No. 93561734XXXX & transaction date 2019-12-22. Request you to verify the details and re-register the complaint through BHIM Get in touch page."

while the BHIM app indicated that the transaction was successful!
Old 28th December 2019, 11:23   #4484
Senior - BHPian

I drove to Hyd on Thursday morning. Roads were super empty ( thanks to Solar Eclipse ). Every single toll on the Blr - Hyd highway worked very well. At one or two places I didn't even have to come to a complete halt. I had to be at very low speeds and that's about it.

I'm about to start from Hyd to Bangalore now. I hope to have a smooth experience on my way back now.
Old 28th December 2019, 17:39   #4485
BHPian

I applied for a fastag thorough HDFC Bank, and the experience has been simply horrible. Even my personal banker tells me that HDFC service is no good as he's been waiting for his tag since November.

Trying to call their helpline or even reaching out through email is pointless as their 1800 line either doesn't work or even it does, simply treats you to a few bars of instrumental music. As for emails, they don't even bother to acknowledge an email

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks