Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2020, 19:10   #4846
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

I think many here have the same complaints that are listed in this Deccan Herald article. FASTag ride not glitch-free. Much needs to be done to ease the digital collection of toll on our national highways.

A Metrolife reality check finds failed scans and clueless officials
bugatti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2020, 20:23   #4847
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
paste a transparent tape to cover the adhesive side completely. Paste another tape on the other side with few mm protruding out on all sides and experiment wherever you want.

Attachment 1934293
Followed something quite similar - pasted the fastag on a portion of clear transparent packet( the type used to pack shirts), then used tape to stick it to the windscreen; worked like a charm today( first debits off the tag without fuss).
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-p_20200206_121342_1.jpg  

vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2020, 16:04   #4848
BHPian

To all Mumbai based Bhp-ians. I recently received this SMS from MEP. I'm glad to see that they were able to switch to Fastag quickly. Removes the need for multiple tags on the windscreen.

Quote:
Dear Customer, You can shift to Fastag once the validity of your MEP tag is over. Online recharge for MEP tags will be stopped from 10th February 2020. You can buy a Fastag and recharge it from POS counter at RGSL plaza, for further usage (Rs 100/- Fastag cost waived off till 31st March 2020 ) OR if you already have a Fastag you can recharge it for further use. Thereafter all transactions will happen only on Fastag, and in case your MEP tag is not in use at MEP5 plazas, you can peel off and remove the MEP tag for smooth reading of fastag. Following docs required for buying a new Fastag: PAN Card/Aadhar Card (Original + Copy), RC book (Original + Copy) and Passport size photograph. In case it is a company owned vehicle, then PAN card of company required along with a copy.
sidpunjabi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2020, 12:21   #4849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
Is FASTag accepted on NICE Road?

(Apologies in advance if this has already been asked. I'd normally have searched before asking. But a search on NICE would yield useless results, hence didn't bother searching)
I travelled a week back and it wasn't accepted at that time. I believe they are installing the equipment, but when I asked for an ETA, I got a poker face. Also, you need to pay in advance to use the NICE road, so you need to know where you will be exiting.
Saint_Kabir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2020, 13:16   #4850
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint_Kabir View Post
I travelled a week back and it wasn't accepted at that time. I believe they are installing the equipment, but when I asked for an ETA, I got a poker face. Also, you need to pay in advance to use the NICE road, so you need to know where you will be exiting.
It will be active around May according to a NICE employee
Old 9th February 2020, 15:03   #4851
Senior - BHPian

Two senior officials and some bouncers of the Western Toll Plaza near Meerut were booked on Thursday for allegedly beating a farmer to death.

Quote:
On February 3, the bouncers and officials of the toll plaza had allegedly beaten Sohanveer Chauhan, 32, a farmer, to death after he tried to drive off his sugarcane laden tractor trolley through the fastag lane in order to avoid traffic congestion in the cash lane. He was a resident of of Dulhera village under Daurala police station area of Meerut.

“A case of murder has been registered under section 302 (punishment for murder) of Indian Penal Code (IPC) against the accused, who are absconding. They will be arrested soon,” said Akhilesh Narayan Singh, SP (city), Meerut.

After his death, farmers of the area had also protested and blocked road over the incident. The blockade was lifted after assurance of a fair probe into the matter by the BJP MLA Sangeet Som, who visited the spot.
Source: https://www.hindustantimes.com/citie...3pWjPm8AL.html
Old 9th February 2020, 15:15   #4852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidpunjabi View Post
To all Mumbai based Bhp-ians. I recently received this SMS from MEP. I'm glad to see that they were able to switch to Fastag quickly. Removes the need for multiple tags on the windscreen.
Wow this is a wonderful piece of news, thanks for sharing. So this means I can use my Fastag for MEP toll plazas from now on. I happen to cross Airoli toll plaza everyday twice as I drive from Mulund to Vashi and back. But as I have said earlier, the toll guys at MEP plazas are lightning fast in handing over the ticket and change ( faster than tag detection )
Old 9th February 2020, 22:43   #4853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
this is a wonderful piece of news, thanks for sharing.
So this means I can use my Fastag for MEP toll plazas from now on. I happen to cross Airoli toll plaza everyday twice as I drive from Mulund to Vashi and back.
Would appreciate if you could update with your real-world experience of Fastag acceptance on the Mumbai Entry tolls tomorrow when you commute past Airoli & Mulund. This has been long overdue.
Ithaca is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2020, 22:55   #4854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
Would appreciate if you could update with your real-world experience of Fastag acceptance on the Mumbai Entry tolls tomorrow when you commute past Airoli & Mulund. This has been long overdue.
Sure I will. Today evening at around 7:30pm when I crossed Airoli toll, I did ask the attendant in Marathi regarding this, pointing towards my Fastag and he was affirmative, though he did not specify the date . He replied - " Lavkarach chalu hoil. Tumhi te tag use karu shakta " ( Translation to English -- "It will start soon and you can use your Tag " )

Will be crossing the toll again tomorrow morning at 9 a.m after finishing my night shift at the hospital, fingers crossed.
vivek95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 00:58   #4855
BHPian

For those who are not aware, HDFC FasTag can be recharged by UPI now.

I tried it last month that did not work by using netc.<vehicle reg>@hdfcbank but today noticed that Amazon Pay was showing HDFC bank in UPI FasTag list.
I tried and it worked even though the UPI address was same this time.

Definitely better option to recharge instead of using their Portal.
Old 10th February 2020, 10:42   #4856
BHPian

Quote:
, fingers crossed.
As of today morning, Airoli toll in Mumbai is not accepting NHAI Fastag yet. MEP tags are still in active use.
vivek95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 11:00   #4857
Distinguished - BHPian

Have a positive and negative update to share on FASTag.

First the good news. I passed through nearly 7 or 8 toll gates on my journey to Belgaum and tag detection was smooth and quick at almost all booths. Only the first 2 booths while exiting BLR city were a bit dicey. But the operator seemed to make some entries in his system and flagged me off quickly. These amounts are yet to be debited to my account! But all other booths, the detection was instantaneous and I saved a lot of time. The cash lanes had lengthy queues and fastag lanes were all free. So the booths are well managed as of now.

The bad news is that HDFC FASTag website is horrible! Firstly it takes many attempts to log in. Then when I tried to recharge my wallet using netbanking option, the site did not come back to HDFC site properly and gave me an error message after the netbanking transaction. I called their support line and they say they have no trace of the transaction and asked me to send a mail to a support ID. I did that and there is no response since the past 4 days. Due to the bad site I tried loading Rs. 1200/- at one go . Lesson learnt : Don't try loading bigger amounts in one go. Load only how much you need for the upcoming journey. Luckily the recharge with credit card option worked properly. I think that the money is gone. I don't have the patience to follow up on this except maybe forwarding the mail a few times!

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 10th February 2020 at 11:07.
Santoshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 11:08   #4858
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
As of today morning, Airoli toll in Mumbai is not accepting NHAI Fastag yet. MEP tags are still in active use.
Yes; neither Vashi nor Dahisar toll accepted Fastag either. On asking, I was told crudely that March-end is a possibility.
libranof1987 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 15:23   #4859
Distinguished - BHPian

For those with issues on the sealink.

I met a senior officer there and raised concerns because I have both MEP and fastag.

What they did is that they manually deactivated the fastag via my car number for sealink in their system. Shows as blacklisted.

Once I finish my MEP balance I need to tell them to reactivate it.

Tried a couple of journeys and it works. Just note: if you use the last lane, it reads the fastag first and shows blacklisted and the barrier doesn't work. You then need to shift to the next lane using the 'bypass' and then the MEP will read. If you go direct to second lane you will get blacklisted. Don't know why or how but that's the system.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 15:53   #4860
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
....recharge with credit card option worked properly....
Credit card payments are the best, traceability wise. Worst case scenario, you'll have both a transaction record and a specific entity (card issuer) to dispute transactions with, even if the recipient goes incommunicado or washes their hands off. Added bonus that it isn't your money stuck in limbo (or lost) while the dispute is investigated/resolved.

Most Viewed