Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2007, 17:07   #16
BHPian

Now I have seen it all when it comes to Scorpio bashing !!! I was in accord till the point the threads discussed stuff like crampy interiors and high body roll for scorpios, But this is ridiculous, I dont think that anywhere in the country you can label a car as a preference for rash drivers and to top it someone has pointed that specific white colour ones which are a bit more nastier. What is next; scorpios with white colour and having a particular number in the number plate being 10 percent more nastier than any other scorpio.

Had this thread started off with some stats like maximum number of road rash incidents involve scorpio or something like that I would have seen the point but at this point its just some vague opinion.
Old 11th October 2007, 17:39   #17
BANNED

Hey, who would keep count of Scorpio RoadRash incidents? All people remember is how a Scorpio pushed them off the road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshat View Post
Had this thread started off with some stats like maximum number of road rash incidents involve scorpio or something like that I would have seen the point but at this point its just some vague opinion.
Old 11th October 2007, 17:47   #18
BHPian

I am not saying that he should have personally kept a count or any other such stat. I am just stating that it is some general opinion and people are out there to rationalize it with theories (seems like a case study from freakanomics ). I am not defending scorpio drivers or stating otherwise. Its just that I feel that we all love to bash scorpio at this forum.

I am against this kind of stuff coz I feel that t-bhp holds tremendous influence over its memmbers ( I owe my choice of ICE, my LCD TV and most recently my decision for a Camera to reviews I read at t-bhp.)
Old 11th October 2007, 17:48   #19
Senior - BHPian

Good news is that M&M are exporting Scorpios to US and other countries. So we are not alone.. our foreign brethren will soon share our misery

Akshat.. we can add a poll on this thread to get the stats on how many pple agree with the thread creator's perception
Old 11th October 2007, 17:52   #20
Senior - BHPian

I wont say all but most of the Scorpios i see are driven rashly. Gotta admit that, no doubt. The reasons i can think of:

1. Tall seating gives a false sense of superiority/power/ego to the driver.
2. Scorpio has a good lower end response and in-gear acceleration, so that obviously helps in the fast driving.
3. Most (not all) of Scorpio owners are Property dealers/builders/real estate types. I am not saying they are un-educated, but they are unlike the doctor/engineer/IT types in their behavior.

P.S. No offence to any Scorpio owners. Thats why i used the word "most", not "all".

Last edited by DCEite : 11th October 2007 at 17:57.
Old 11th October 2007, 18:02   #21
BHPian

Well I think the debatable point here is the definition of "Most", lets first have a poll on that

Is it 9 out of 10 or 8,7,6.

I agree to certain extent regarding the kind of people who own a scorpio (but considering the number of engineering colleges in the country "Most" of the builders, realters etc are now engineers ). I believe more gundas and netas own a Safari than scorpio (if you are talking in terms of percentages).

Talking about being pushed by a scorpio well i guess yes it has happened with me but I have had a similar experience with Safaris, Sumos, Trax etc ( Used to drive a Zen which I feel is not too difficult to push around ).
Old 11th October 2007, 18:09   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshat View Post
Now I have seen it all when it comes to Scorpio bashing !!!
Akshat, i am a Scorpio lover. So much that i wanted to own one, even if it was a second hand vehicle (Other factors made me go for a new vehicle). Between the Scorpio and the Safari, if i were to plonk my money, i would go for the Scorp, although i am beginning to like the Safari DICOR as well.

That apart, i stand by what most on this thread have mentioned. Also, what Lukeskywalker as well as Akroy have said are quite true, atleast here in Bangalore. Majority of these people have become rich thanks to the crazy real estate boom here, and this is the vehicle of choice for them. I could even go on to mention the community, but thats against the decorum of the forum.

Many a time these are driven by some crazy driver, with the owner sitting beside him in the passenger seat. They have their windows rolled down, and give menacing looks to the rest of the populace.

How they drive has already been mentioned by the others. When i see a madly driven Scorp breathing down my back, i give way. Such is the brute force it exudes, or rather has come to exude.
Old 11th October 2007, 20:29   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
IS it only the Scorpios, Dont you see most INDICAs (or INDICABs) driven rashly in Bangy?
To be frank where did you see Scorpios in city roads of Bangalore, it is infested with Indicas?
During my highway trips, Scorpios/Safaris does overtake me at higher speeds but not rashly...

I didnt understand what exactly do you want to know from your statement? Any car (Sumo / Indica / Qualis etc) which are used as Taxi, you will always find more morons driving like maniacs, it has nothing to do with the brand, make, power of the vehicle...they have their timelines, they are stressed out etc etc...

Go to Kolkata, you will get afraid with an Old Amby which is driven so badly that he can throw your powerful car offroad (atleast you will prefer to give him way)

Abhi
I knew that somebody will bring up this point.
The reason why i left out Indica and Qualis was they're "mostly" driven by call centre cabbies which in my opinion don't have much common sense.

Whereas a scorpio is usually owner driven or atleast owned by someone at a higher status level. I guess there is absolutely no use talking about cabbies here.

I reiterate here. No offense meant to the gentlemen who drive scorpios. This is about the lot which other scorpio drivers a bad name.

-- Torqy
Old 11th October 2007, 20:44   #24
BHPian

This is what happens when scorpio is driven rash eshtyle

Old 11th October 2007, 21:22   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
1st sign: OVRMs closed
2nd sign: Cutting into my lane
3rd sign: Turn without indication
4th sign: Come fast & break hard, so that the car jerks back & forth.

Better to stay away from such drivers, even if its a minute late for you.
My comments from bad drivers thread. Most Scorpio drivers exhibit these characteristics. I haven't seen a Scorpio come to halt smoothly.
Old 11th October 2007, 21:26   #26
Senior - BHPian

I also drive a Scorpio.
No one has called me a rash driver although I do drive fast.
The only "rash" car I am worried about on Bombay roads are the Swifts which are driven very "rashly"
If there were so many rash Scorpians, there would have been several Scorpio accidents - I read the papers every day morning, I don't find that is so - so either the Scorpio accidents are hush-hushed up (!~????!) or there are actually very few rash Scorpians.
If you find a car doing 30 kmph in the extreme right lane in a 6-lane road, he is driving OK (even when he refuses to move out of the way) but the Scorpio (or any other car) behind him who wishes to overtake him is called "rash" - or if he were to detour to the left to overtake the guuy in the front, does that make the overtaking car rash?
I drive around a lot, both in the city and highway, but I don't find any significant evidence to demonstrate that Scorpios are particularly rash.
Old 11th October 2007, 21:42   #27
BHPian

In Chennai most of the politicians drive around in a Scorpio/Safari (most of them are white) and there are atleast a couple more following them. I think the main reason behind is they can squeeze atleast 8 - 10 inside. They just bully around other vechiles and breakin all sorts of trafic regulations possible.

And all the fellow party men also think owning a scorpio or safari(particularly White) with there party flag in front is a status symbol. Cops are also scared to stop them for any violation.
Old 11th October 2007, 21:52   #28
BHPian

Scorpio 'Bullying'

Though this is a slightly controversial topic as no generalisations can be made, I agree that 'most' scorpios are driven rashly. Don't know what they think of themselves as owners of roads or what.

Especially if you are driving a car like an 800 and you see a scorpio behind you
with all flashing lights (i mean the high beam which most people flash if they want to overtake you even when there is no place to do so) and the bullying that follows you get extremely irritated.
Old 11th October 2007, 21:59   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
I also drive a Scorpio.
No one has called me a rash driver although I do drive fast.
You're right.

It's not the speed. It's WHERE that matters. One can drive rashly at 30kmph. On a single lane crowded road, 40kmph is too fast. So it's rash.

When the traffic is moving at 30kmph, if someone is trying to overtake everything ahead of him, he is rash.

Besides when the traffic is slow moving and if someone just cannot follow the traffic, then he has a tendency to drive rashly.

I guess most of the TBHP-ians including me love driving fast. But if we do that on public roads with a don't care attitude, we're rash. You might be skilled..but the other guy might not.
I'm not.

You might be able to skillfully weave in/out in crowded traffic without causing any accident. But you're still a rash driver.

Again, this thread was not for Scorpio bashing....rather trying to find the reason why most of them are rashly driven.

-- Torqy
Old 11th October 2007, 22:34   #30
BHPian

Oh, this is some thing we have discussed many times within our friends circle. I have seen many scorpios owned by real estate guys (in Bangalore) and being driven/parked without any consideration to fellow human beings. These guys are so cheap and ignorantly arrogant.
Obviously this doesn't mean that all scorpio owners are like this
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks