Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2007, 15:21   #91
BHPian

Why single out Scorpio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
Most of the Sumo, Qualis and Indica here in Bangalore are driven by Call Centre cabbies from whom we cannot expect much. That's why they were not included in the discussion.

There is nothing wrong with a scorpio.

-- Torqy

Most would agree that 90% of vehicles on our roads, whether privately or commercially owned, are driven rashly.

A larger vehicle driven rashly causes more harm/inconvenience than a smaller vehicle though I don't think its fair to single out the Scorpio over here. Take any large vehicle on Indian roads - Sumos, qualis, trucks, buses, etc. - a majority lot of them are driven rashly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Another example from another thread
I see that scenario everyday between cars of all shapes and sizes. In fact, whenever a person signals to turn or change lanes, the person behind usually speeds up to block them. It's a very common trait on our roads ...

p.s. I don't own a Scorpio.
Old 17th October 2007, 15:24   #92

Hi,
I find this thread highly biased. Biased on Scorpios, Real estate professionals, illetrates etc. etc. I am not sure why politicians are missed out.

Scorpio looks scary because of its design and size. Otherwise the ratio of harsh driving can be definitly higher than other cars. We dont have to abuse them back in forums like this.

Illitrates can become millioners when civil engineers can become software engineers. Education and village backgrounds need not be treated like this in the thread.
Old 17th October 2007, 15:31   #93
Senior - BHPian

the excellent driving position of the SCORPIO gives it the edge in belting anyone..or nudging anyone..!! Best solution..either accelarate away or give way!! atleast 2 cars gap..!!
Old 17th October 2007, 15:35   #94
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freecat View Post
Illitrates can become millioners when civil engineers can become software engineers. Education and village backgrounds need not be treated like this in the thread.
No one is taking a pick at them, and no one objects to them making a fast buck as well. Considering that the observation of the thread starter is not a one-off incident is what needs to be noted.

I have mentioned even earlier on the thread that i like the Scorpio, but that cant help hide my views on the same topic.
Old 17th October 2007, 15:46   #95
Senior - BHPian

Maybe Scorpios are not driven rashly. They seem so because of their bulk and the body roll.
Old 17th October 2007, 16:19   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freecat View Post
Hi,
I find this thread highly biased. Biased on Scorpios, Real estate professionals, illetrates etc. etc. I am not sure why politicians are missed out.

Scorpio looks scary because of its design and size. Otherwise the ratio of harsh driving can be definitly higher than other cars. We dont have to abuse them back in forums like this.

Nobody is abusing scorpio here. The comments here are what people saw and experienced....and they noticed some TREND. There is nothing wrong with somebody from a village becoming a millionaire or a software engineer. But there is DEFINITELY something wrong if that millionaire / software engineer becomes an arrogant rash driver.

-- Torqy
Old 17th October 2007, 16:48   #97
BANNED

Hey the newest BHPian, congrats on your 50th post !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
-- Torqy
Old 17th October 2007, 22:56   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Hey the newest BHPian, congrats on your 50th post !!!
YEAH!!!..Thanks...No more waiting for the post to appear.

-- Torqy
Old 18th October 2007, 01:48   #99
BHPian

i agree mostly big vehicles rough up smaller ones and drive rash. scorpios are one of em and i can vouch from personal experience with 2 office friends.both have scorpios and say that they are not scared of other vehicles and drive carefree (or atleast claim to) as whats the worst that can happen - cheapo 2k worth of minor bumper damage whereas the other vehicle will have major damage. so they feel other vehicles better not mess with em cos they got nothing to lose :-)cheers,j
Old 18th October 2007, 02:11   #100
Senior - BHPian

I've driven more than one Scorpio, more than once, and I can understand why it, more than other vehicles, encourages this kind of driving. It has a bunch of eager horses, waiting under its horribly spring A-pedal. Its driving position is straightbacked, and right up there. And it does go through the gears rather quickly. In contrast, a Safari is very laid back, both in terms of seating position, and torque curve.

I've never been bullied by either, to date. And of course, these days any car trying to bully me is going to have an awful time.

The absolute worst drivers are the idiots who drive NHCs. Middle-management IT employees whose paycheque is larger than their IQ. I mean, don't they teach you to use both mirrors and indicators at IIT? And these people grow up to be their bosses, in the back of their uselessly large Innova, accessing their always-on Internet, while their driver breaks 15 rules at once. I've actually spat on one's face when his driver almost rammed into me, after jumping a red light.
Old 18th October 2007, 09:50   #101
BANNED

I have found some idiots also drive Balenos. BTW, what is NHC doing in Scorpio thread?
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
The absolute worst drivers are the idiots who drive NHCs.
Old 18th October 2007, 11:01   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
i agree mostly big vehicles rough up smaller ones and drive rash. scorpios are one of em and i can vouch from personal experience with 2 office friends.both have scorpios and say that they are not scared of other vehicles and drive carefree (or atleast claim to) as whats the worst that can happen - cheapo 2k worth of minor bumper damage whereas the other vehicle will have major damage. so they feel other vehicles better not mess with em cos they got nothing to lose :-)cheers,j
Hi,
Just because some MORON driving a scorpio is bad ,please do not become judmental on all scorpio drivers.
Bad drivers come in all shapes and sizes and in all automobiles!
Old 18th October 2007, 11:12   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
Hi,
Just because some MORON driving a scorpio is bad ,please do not become judmental on all scorpio drivers.
Bad drivers come in all shapes and sizes and in all automobiles!
But at the same time, it is quite natural that the vehicle "type" does encorage different/varied driving styles. If you drive a sports car, you would naturally be inclined to drive fast at break neck speeds. If you drive a luxury sedan you would be inclined to drive smooth and aloof. If you drive Brutish SUV, you would be inclined to don a "dont mess with me" attitude. If you sit in a plane cockpit, you would be inclined to fly it. Its true.

Consideration to fellow drivers is a virtue. Sooner acquired the better for all. From previous posts its been amply made clear as to how it can lead to road rage.
Old 18th October 2007, 11:38   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
The absolute worst drivers are the idiots who drive NHCs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
I have found some idiots also drive Balenos. BTW, what is NHC doing in Scorpio thread?
You'll find idiots driving ALL MAKES of vehicles. So that's not the point. What makes a vehicle turn an otherwise educated "intelligent" person into an arrogant rash driver? Is it the way we market / project them?

Read this excerpt from an article by Sirish Chandran in Overdrive May 2007 Page 165 about Scorpio. "Now that i really love - her BULLYING ABILITY, her excellent driving position and that macho air......With her bulk and especially sporting that INTIMIDATING black hue nobody messes with you, no cyclists, biker or rick cuts in front of you, you can squeeze into traffic without being bothered by other motorists and when the going gets messy JUST PUT TWO WHEELS ON THE DIRT (OR FOOTPATH) and keep motoring."

If this is what a "RESPONSIBLE" person like Sirish feels about Scorpio, it's no surprise why MOST of them are driven like that.

-- Torqy
Old 19th October 2007, 12:59   #105
BHPian

of course I am not blaming the scorpio - all we are saying here is from personal experience there are lot of rash drivers behind the wheels of scorpios. The general mentality of these guys is I drive a big powerful vehicle which cannot be destroyed and others need to stay away from me or they stand to lose a lot in case of damage
No one is arguing the fact that there are good scorpio drivers too
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks