Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2007, 15:40   #241
Senior - BHPian

I have a Pirana autocop thingi(in the alto so no powerwindow and the manual said auto window roll up it said its build in so why did you buy it extra or am i a little confused what is window rollup
Old 7th April 2007, 17:15   #242
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SohailPistawala View Post
yeah khanak i just read this thread about vandalism , and yeah that spray paint thing happened to my bosses Innova which was parked in one of the bylanes of Bandra. They spray painted on the left rear door "YO BOYS", in black.
These kids were frequent between bandra to Lokhandwala , Until they were caught.
I remember seeing loads of cars with J BOYZ RULE or J BOYZ RULZ in Juhu. They never wrote YO BOYS on any of their cars... but then again their spray painting wasn't exactly neat.

Kinda reminds me of some people who spray painted FCUK (jumble the letters around a bit) on a postbox outside a school in Malabar Hill. Remeber passing the school in the morning and loads of mothers were looking and staring at it and discussing amongst themselves.
Old 7th April 2007, 17:39   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
I remember seeing loads of cars with J BOYZ RULE or J BOYZ RULZ in Juhu. They never wrote YO BOYS on any of their cars... but then again their spray painting wasn't exactly neat.

Kinda reminds me of some people who spray painted FCUK (jumble the letters around a bit) on a postbox outside a school in Malabar Hill. Remeber passing the school in the morning and loads of mothers were looking and staring at it and discussing amongst themselves.
in chandigarh last year we had people going around at night and writting stuff on the roads signs and the MC didn't repainted the signs for like 6 months
Old 26th April 2007, 14:49   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
the automatic window rollup costs 3k? I was quoted 1.5k or so at a shop near East end Jayanagar

so was i, i too found the price to be 1.5k here in hyderabad at shop on minister's road.
Old 26th April 2007, 15:09   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyPlayer View Post
Thanks iraghava. I think I'll get a Doberman, and yes - hopefully I will succeed in teaching my dog not the scratch the car.
Few mins back - found a line drawn with a pencil I guess on the left hand side to the full length of the car. May be some kid did it when I dropped my son in his school. The pencil mark went off when I wiped it with a wet cloth. just a very thin scratch like line is seen that too not clearly visible. You will have to get really close to see it or someone should tell you it is there. (I am probably trying to console myself) Should mange to remove it I guess.

dude just getting a dog wont suffice i have seen my uncle santro zipplus-BLACK scratched by his beasty dobermanon. the left side of frontend got totalled WITH SCRATCHES GOING DEEP and he had to get a whole new metal sheet and painted it it costed him dearly. THSE DOGS NEED TO BE TRAINED TOO!
Old 26th April 2007, 15:11   #246
Senior - BHPian

my viva got a whole bunch of scratches when i parked it out side my house at around 3.30pm as it the time for the schools close and the little devils go home and on their way they scratched my viva's bonnet real bad in fornt my eyes and ranaway they are just 1,2nd standard kids so couldnot go hard on them but shouthing except for making sure to park my car inside my compound at those hours from then on. although they are vaguely visible now for i had get it polished hard and teflon coated again!

such a pain to see it happen in fornt of my eyes!
Old 26th April 2007, 15:37   #247
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

my Karzima has been a victim of all this many times. Broken RVM, seat cut off by a blade and what not!
I wonder how people with expensive cars and bikes handle all this
Old 26th April 2007, 17:18   #248
BANNED

Bad luck and Good luck in my case

Well, the thing is sick minded people are all over the planet.

In my case I had bad as well as good luck.

A guy was writing his name on the bonnet of my Honda City GXi ( NHC) with his keys ; the bad luck

The good luck is I caught him doing .
In a fit of anger, I punched him real hard.
I cut my hands ( Knuckels ) with his teeth, but I broke three of his front teeth and his lower jaw. ( I do 200 push-ups daily ).

I would say " Justice Done "
Old 3rd June 2007, 13:30   #249
Senior - BHPian

Car Vandalised : Need help on installing a surveillance camera

Whatta way to start my Sunday !!Woke up this morning only to find some imbecile has inscribed his DNA structure on my car.

Yes the retard has actually ripped the car cover using some sharp object and has left a few bad scratches on the rear left door .
Looks like I have to get the whole door painted since the damage is real bad.

The last time I caught a chap doing this gave him a sound thrashing and handed him over to the cops, vandalism had ceased for the last few months.
Yes vandalism in my layout is a little 2oo high with a school in the vicinity.
This time around cant blame the school kids since their vacations are still on.

Quite a few brats also in my area, but then the kids in my area are pretty scared of me so they kinda keep distance from my car.
Scared as in they don't even cycle anywhere close to my car.

Looks like it took place sometime between 3am and 8am today morning and hence no one in my area has seen it also.

Now this is the 2nd time, such an incident has taken place and I am planning on installing a surveillance camera.

Any thoughts from where I could source one in bangy from and the costs involved?

Need help from fellow-bhp'ians for the same.

Thanks in advance folks.

PS : Mod's if a thread exists please merge, havent been able to find one.

Last edited by GTO : 4th June 2007 at 10:07. Reason: Please do not use words like "bl**dy ". We have a varied audience who may find this offensive.
Old 3rd June 2007, 13:38   #250
Senior - BHPian

Crap Riju, I'm sorry you had to join the club.

Don't know about the camera, but tell you what, if you ever come across the guy, call me, and I'm sure we can party.
Old 3rd June 2007, 13:44   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
PS : Mod's if a thread exists please merge, havent been able to find one.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...vandalism.html
Old 3rd June 2007, 13:51   #252
Senior - BHPian

Akshay honestly if I ever find the chap or even get the slightest of hint as to who has done this, he has had it.
He(be it a kid of a grown up) will regret this for the rest of his life.

Am actually in the process of interrogating a few kids who are loyal to me.

Mods please do merge the thread and move to the appropriate section. Thanks.
Old 3rd June 2007, 13:59   #253
BHPian

but tell you what, if you ever come across the guy, call me, and I'm sure we can party.[/quote]
------------------------------------------
hahahahahah ... invite me too ........

but jokes apart such unavoidable things spoil the look / finish of the car.

Have had similar experiences with my Aveo in its hey days (not that its very old now) .... but cant help except i asked my society's security to keep an eye on my car.
Old 3rd June 2007, 14:31   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Am actually in the process of interrogating a few kids who are loyal to me.
Jai Mogambo!!!

Old 3rd June 2007, 15:03   #255
BHPian

sorry to hear that, where do you want to install the camera? inside the car? or somewhere in the vicinity of where the car is parked?
cheap way is to get an old video camera and connect it to your vcr, but will get you only 8hrs (or was it 6) of record time and you will have to play that much hrs of video to find the culprit.
a better way would be a camera that starts recording only when a motion sensor detects movement hopefully the dumb vandal will not see the recording equipment
good luck, hope you catch him and 'treat' him accordingly

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks