Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2015, 10:11   #811
BHPian

re: Car Vandalism!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
This post is just to highlight how openly people threaten to vandalize one's car. I almsot had a nasty fight with an individual due to this.
There was one easy and simple solution I found sometime back. A fully loaded garbage truck got broken down and it took couple, three days for the repair. Person had to literally beg to get the truck moved, there is no issue for anyone to use the parking lot thereafter.
RSimonS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2015, 10:21   #812
BHPian

My car has its own share of people scribbling with their keys. You just hope that you find the guy doing it - only God will help him thereafter.
I started parking my car in my basement from a month back and it has helped. But idiots are just about everywhere, and I do not think it will be much of a deterrent.
Old 6th February 2015, 11:06   #813
BHPian

This is only going worst, in a certail locality of Pune on Satara road , there are series of incidences resulting in vandalism and putting vehicles on fire.

It seems the cars/bikes are falling in for internal rifts , taking frustration and saddist lot.

The good part is couple of days back, someone harmed 15 cars in same locality including a school bus. The police nabbed the guy, who should now face the music.
Old 6th February 2015, 11:15   #814
Senior - BHPian

In our apartment parking lot, sometimes I have seen ladies feeding toddlers after seating them on bonnet/boot of parked cars, while they play around between each mouthful. Though the cars are covered, it leaves scratches/swirl marks on the car body. It is a delicate matter to tell them not to do that.
Old 6th February 2015, 11:45   #815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
This was quite sometime back. I had parked car on the road in front of a tea/cigarette store I regularly visit and was having a cutting chai and a smoke. .

I took the car immediately to the garage and gave the car to get it fixed which was done for Rs 3500. The rest of the money was given to a renowned NGO dealing with underprivileged children because I didn't feel like keeping the money with me. Hopefully that's one vandal off the road and one child's needs met.
Although, this incident happened sometime back, for a change it is quite refreshing to see a successful end and some charity to add to it.
From my experience, normally the public do not support the car owner but the miscreants. Here, I feel you were lucky to get their support. Besides, it is the locality which matters. Anyway, I sincerely appreciate you for such bold action.
Old 6th February 2015, 11:52   #816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venuvedam View Post
Three days ago, I parked my XUV in the parking lot of Inorbit Mall in Hitech City, Hyderabad. After a couple of hours when I went back to the car, there was a big scratch on the rear - right next to the number plate. It was done tastefully and was perfectly parallel to the ground. It could not have been an accidental scratch.

Talked to the security guards there and found there were no CC cameras where I parked. Couldn't do anything about it. Left the mall in a very bad mood that really affected my driving back home.

It is this feeling of utter helplessness and agony that these vandals look for. Scratches and dents happening due to accidents are OK. But someone intentionally and methodically vandalizing someone else's car is beyond comprehension.

Later I got to know this is normal in Inorbit parking. Many such cases of vehicle vandalism and puncturing.
Oh Man!! Same thing, same location of the scratch right above the Number plate of my friends new City last week. It was definitely done on purpose by dragging a key or metal object from right to left across the boot. This guy looks to be an psychopath looking at the intensity with which the scratch was made.

My friend was so pissed off & so was I. Spoke to the guards & they were like "Sorry Saaar, we can't watch everyone & no CCTV in that area too".

While I agree it's not easy for guards to keep an eye on everyone, Inorbit should install CCTV that covers the entire parking lot.

Isn't it mandated by law to have CCTV cover the entire area to make sure no anti-social elements do their thing??

My friend plans to shoot off email to the concerned. Let's see where it goes.
manas_270 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2015, 09:41   #817
Distinguished - BHPian

Vandalism taken to the extreme. Happened in Germany

Courtesy - Carscoop

Car Vandalism!-audiwife1.jpg

Car Vandalism!-audiwife2.jpg
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2015, 15:27   #818
BHPian

I am not sure if this is mentioned here on this thread before. I am talking about vandalism that happens with your car, that too, in front of your eyes and you can't do anything about it. Yes, I am talking about impatient bikers who are the biggest vandals in the city traffic. A few days back, I was waiting at a crossing on Saki Vihar road in Andheri, Mumbai alongwith one more car parallel to mine. It was not at a signal, just that two vehicles were crossing our path making us wait there. A maniac biker came from behind, stopped momentarily in the narrow gap between the two cars and almost took off my car's bumper in trying to move ahead again. Actually, he managed to put some part of his bike slightly under my car's bumper at the top of the wheel well. I could hear a loud sound when he tried to speed off. I went home, checked the damage and saw slightly loosened bumper with two nasty scratches. Another biker who had stopped behind this moron was smiling sheepishly at me trying to suggest that this is normal with bikers and that I shouldn't take it seriously.
Old 10th February 2015, 15:34   #819
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Vandalism taken to the extreme. Happened in Germany

Courtesy - Carscoop
]
I read somewhere, that this was done by someone's wife , after she found out that her husband was cheating.

Last edited by akshay4587 : 10th February 2015 at 15:37.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2015, 16:34   #820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahesh_sn View Post
I am not sure if this is mentioned here on this thread before. I am talking about vandalism that happens with your car, that too, in front of your eyes and you can't do anything about it. Yes, I am talking about impatient bikers who are the biggest vandals in the city traffic. A few days back, I was waiting at a crossing on Saki Vihar road in Andheri, Mumbai alongwith one more car parallel to mine. It was not at a signal, just that two vehicles were crossing our path making us wait there. A maniac biker came from behind, stopped momentarily in the narrow gap between the two cars and almost took off my car's bumper in trying to move ahead again. Actually, he managed to put some part of his bike slightly under my car's bumper at the top of the wheel well. I could hear a loud sound when he tried to speed off. I went home, checked the damage and saw slightly loosened bumper with two nasty scratches. Another biker who had stopped behind this moron was smiling sheepishly at me trying to suggest that this is normal with bikers and that I shouldn't take it seriously.
No offence but this doesn't qualify as vandalism. Vandalism is when the other party derives sadistic pleasure while causing intentional damage to your vehicle.

Bikers trying squeeze between cars and thus scratching the cars - is simply a mishap/accident caused by ignorance/apathy/rash driving on the biker's part.
venuvedam is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th February 2015, 18:17   #821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venuvedam View Post
No offence but this doesn't qualify as vandalism. Vandalism is when the other party derives sadistic pleasure while causing intentional damage to your vehicle.

Bikers trying squeeze between cars and thus scratching the cars - is simply a mishap/accident caused by ignorance/apathy/rash driving on the biker's part.
No offence taken, buddy. I would still treat this as vandalism. Agreed that there may not be any sadistic pleasure intended by the biker. But, there was simply no space for him to squeeze in safely without damaging either of the cars. He was so close that slight leaning on either left or right could make him touch the cars and that was what actually happened. You may call it apathy/ignorance but, for me, that was an act of willful damage and, hence, vandalism. I rest my case here.
mahesh_sn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2015, 13:42   #822
Senior - BHPian

I spent the last 4 years in a apartment (recently moved to a faar off villa). During diwali season "safety advice/notice" used to be given in advance to car owners to move/cover their cars out of harms way. Apt was small and parking area was tiny.

As festive season can get out of hand, people move in & out, one resident had a guest in a M800 come over and had not spelt out the 'rules'. We dont have a large parking area and mostly all night-wallah crackers are lit inside the compound.

In short - in all the chaos and mess, the M800 was discovered in the morning post diwali, under 100s of rockets/flowerpots/paper bits (Crackers types), kilos of burnt gun powder, many many patches of burnt paint, 2 shattered side glasses and 2-3 green atom bombs shreds inside the car - a HUGE mess!

Society got off easily stating earlier rule and "outsiders no parking" rule, sadly it was one Diwali to be forgotten for that Owner! That diwali was also remembered for setting a coconut tree on fire thanks to a rocket and the fire dept was called in yada yada, a mess ensured there too!
svsantosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2015, 14:24   #823
Distinguished - BHPian

This happened in early March:

Car Vandalism!-img_1596.jpg

Here is where the car was parked:

Car Vandalism!-img_1604.png

A stone seemed to have been thrown from the Podium of the neighbouring building (can be seen far right). Judging by the distance and force, it clearly wasn't thrown by a kid.
The Area is under CCTV surveillance, however as the other building is cut-off, could not identify culprit.
Luckily, missed hitting anyone. Typically the area is filled with drivers and peons who sit next to the car during their break.

Got the glass fixed by Windshield experts as Audi was taking just too long to organize a new piece.

PS: The next day, being Holi, had kids throwing water balloons across. A stern letter to the society fixed that, but would be good to know what action can one take in the case of an unidentified miscreant from a neighbouring building.
Old 8th April 2015, 15:41   #824

On 2nd April 2015, a neighbor got angry that I parked my car in front of his house and without any warning splashed black oil paint on my white car.

He even didn't shy away from accepting his act.

Sick people are these.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Vandalism!-dsc01656.jpg  

Car Vandalism!-dsc01657.jpg  

Car Vandalism!-dsc01658.jpg  

Car Vandalism!-dsc01659.jpg  

Old 8th April 2015, 16:15   #825
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kookaburra View Post
On 2nd April 2015, a neighbor got angry that I parked my car in front of his house and without any warning splashed black oil paint on my white car.

He even didn't shy away from accepting his act.

Sick people are these.
Personally - never block someone's house. If this was a one-off case - then yes, it is extreme. However, if he has had incidents where people have blocked his house - this might just be his way of dealing with it based on poor experiences.
I live next to a popular restaurant, and my gate is often blocked by inconsiderate people. Generally we try to resolve it peacefully as there are two gates to the building, but there are situations when we are forced to use that entrance/exit and in an emergency (which is pretty often, as we are not known for being on time ) it is a hindrance as owner disappears and cops seem to do nothing about it.
At times - we have to bear the backlash from these inconsiderate people too. My neighbor's gate was blocked by a lady driving a Swift. After he sternly told her off, I saw her come into his building the next day and spit on the ground and leave (when no one from his end was there to witness it - cowardice?). Really? Block a building's entry and exit point - and then come back to defile it after getting a lecture? Would you be considerate to people parking in front of your gate if such incidents happen?
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks