A very genuine update from Bangalore Traffic police on Facebook

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20160523_220756.jpg
mpksuhas is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 22:24   #11492
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Last evening, I noticed rocks/boulders placed near the access ramp of the railway underpass on Kasturi nagar side. This is the underpass that leads to Old Madras road near Bennigannahalli.
Good thing to happen. I observed that a convoy of two wheelers, saving 1 KM (yes, just one KM) detour holding 10s, at time over 100 cars in that rat hole of an under pass. The result: Traffic back piles and fills up Kasthuri nagar and till ORR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Not withstanding who placed the boulders, I feel it should be made permanent.

In fact all the two wheelers and autos should be diverted via the underpass and cars not be allowed there at all.
No auto wallahs please. They can create a mess out of nothing. Only two wheelers, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
... Add to it our champion autowallahs, general yellow board taxi public (with scant regard to lane system inside a narrow tunnel) you get a deadlock which is highly undesirable.
Fully agree. But we must regard taxis a little higher as they tend to respect one ways when they are sober. I have seen ajar times autos on wrong direction in this one way, causing enormous jams. (I always check for a scratch after this underpass!)

PS: I use both two and four wheelers across this stretch.
babu.sundaram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2016, 05:46   #11493
BHPian

Passed through KR Market flyover 10 minutes back.
An ambassador collided head on with an indica just minutes before passed. This could wreak havoc if the vehicles are not moved before 7 am.

Do note only one side of the flyover is open now, possibly due to road works near the city end of the flyover.
Old 24th May 2016, 10:15   #11494
Senior - BHPian

Is some thing cooking up in Eastern part of Bangalore (K.R Puram, Air port, Indira Nagar side) today? More traffic police men out there on the roads. And there was the "BMTC break down for the day" - at Iblur bus stop near Agara.
Old 24th May 2016, 10:24   #11495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Is some thing cooking up in Eastern part of Bangalore (K.R Puram, Air port, Indira Nagar side) today? More traffic police men out there on the roads.
Probably this,
Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 912
Size:  16.4 KB
Old 24th May 2016, 11:04   #11496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Probably this,
Just off the topic : It's probably like teacher announcing in the class that there will be a surprise test tomorrow OR for that matter it's like father scolding his son and asking him to be ready for a visit to his school.
adi_gt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2016, 11:55   #11497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
Just off the topic : It's probably like teacher announcing in the class that there will be a surprise test tomorrow OR for that matter it's like father scolding his son and asking him to be ready for a visit to his school.
This is another excuse of creating more traffic chaos on the roads in addition what we are living with on a day to day basis. No one takes the CM's words seriously. If that were to be the case, Bangalore's infrastructure and roads would have improved to a great extent.
Old 24th May 2016, 12:04   #11498
BHPian

Quote:
Probably this,
He has to do this on weekdays. And its not like it makes any difference. Like they do not find any faults (a minister drove from Silkboard to where-ever, and did not find a single pothole), or the service providers will shirk responsibility. I actually expect BBMP to say that they are not responsible for potholes created by vehicles owned and driven by apartment dwellers
Old 24th May 2016, 12:08   #11499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
This is another excuse of creating more traffic chaos on the roads in addition what we are living with on a day to day basis. No one takes the CM's words seriously. If that were to be the case, Bangalore's infrastructure and roads would have improved to a great extent.
I don't agree to this. These visits are planned in short notice, say a day or two. The so called development work will not get over in such short notice, may be some cosmatic updated could be done to show a better picture.

Its always good to let know the people in advance of VIP movements, helps many people in planning their travel better, and also addition traffic police means better regulated traffic. CM has to visit different part of city, I don't vote my representative to be sitting in a AC room!
Old 24th May 2016, 12:09   #11500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Probably this,
So another gimmick. The city already has one minister exclusively fixing Bangalore city issues, and now the CM himself goes on another "patrol". I hope he at least chooses his visit time when the traffic conditions are better (from say 1100Hrs to 1400Hrs). And this visit may have been better to be done the next day after heavy rains. Water logging issues etc. needs to be "seen to be believed".
Old 24th May 2016, 17:13   #11501
Distinguished - BHPian

Mother of a traffic jam all the way from KR PURA bridge to the end of Graphite India main road. Dont even venture eastwards after Hoodi. Took Goshala road just before the holdup crossed this point.
Old 25th May 2016, 10:02   #11502
BHPian

Hope to see the day light soon!

[quote= Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Tuesday promised to allot Rs 300 crore for the construction of a flyover at the Silk Board Junction, considered to be one of the worst traffic bottlenecks in the city.

On the proposal to construct another flyover at KR Puram, Siddaramaiah said the state government would bear the required cost of Rs 650 crore for the project. He also said tender has been floated for an elevated road project between Chalukya circle and Hebbal. =QUOTE]

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...rs-300-cr.html
Old 25th May 2016, 10:21   #11503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
So another gimmick. The city already has one minister exclusively fixing Bangalore city issues, and now the CM himself goes on another "patrol". I hope he at least chooses his visit time when the traffic conditions are better (from say 1100Hrs to 1400Hrs). And this visit may have been better to be done the next day after heavy rains. Water logging issues etc. needs to be "seen to be believed".
Thats not the worst part. Usually CM's patrols will be on areas where there are usually clean roads.. For example if he comes to Hosur Road then they will bypass Madiwala market in general which has the worst roads possible and so much of garbage right on the roads..and then claim potholes and garbage issues are all solved!!!
shadows123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2016, 10:52   #11504
Senior - BHPian

[quote=LoneRidder;3981909]Hope to see the day light soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Tuesday promised to allot Rs 300 crore for the construction of a flyover at the Silk Board Junction, considered to be one of the worst traffic bottlenecks in the city.

On the proposal to construct another flyover at KR Puram, Siddaramaiah said the state government would bear the required cost of Rs 650 crore for the project. He also said tender has been floated for an elevated road project between Chalukya circle and Hebbal. =QUOTE
The silk board flyover and the Madiwala flyover should have been constructed together. I remember the Madiwala flyover being constructed back in 2004. The problem with the silk board flyover is that the drainage runs parallel to the ORR and then cuts across the silk board junction towards Madiwala.
Whatever construction work I see near silk board , I presume it is related to addressing the drainage issue first and then the flyover construction.
Old 25th May 2016, 10:56   #11505
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

This morning it took more than an hour to travel from Phoenix market city to ITPL after a quick 15 minute drive from Tin factory junction to Phoenix
The only cause I could attribute this to was this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
1.The right half of the 4 lane one way between ABB junction and Hoodi junction - for half the distance between these 2 junctions only the left side of median is usable and right side is blocked off till the second break in median (where vehicles criss-cross) and the road has been dug in the middle, not sure if its BWSSB or GAIL or some other agency this time.
The gridlock was worst between Brigade Metropolis-ABB and Hoodi.
The barricades and concrete blocks were moved from the right lanes and some vehicles were doing crazy things, one guy in a santro did a quick manoeuvre and his car took a hit in the lower portion below the door, he misjudged the concrete blocks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks