Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2016, 11:59   #11656
JD1
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammedismail View Post
Not sure if this is the right thread, this happened to me yesterday! 2 Girls on an Activa without Helmets, honking continuously in Traffic and I was beside her ...
Did you point to your head indicating that they are not wearing helmets? Generally pointing to the fact without speaking anything that they have broken a law shuts them instantly since they know if traffic cops come in the commotion they will be fined.
Old 7th June 2016, 12:03   #11657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Then they did not have much to speak. After they got down the driver was telling that they are so fed up of the traffic sense these days most of these drivers are not in a mood to break rules and just sit in signals and turnings The only rampant mob are the company cabs.
Thats probably because the drivers get paid for the waiting minutes too.

<rant>
Uberpool/Ola share routing can add 30mins to 1 hr more to your travel time adding to frustration. I travel between HSR layout and Kundalahalli gate. The route because of co-passengers destination on three occasions:
1. One co-passenger had to get down at Prestige tech park and the other at Yamlur. It took good one hour more for me. Never booked Ola share again
2. Uberpool has been much better. Except when this happened a couple of times. Most tech parks are on the right side when you travel from HSR to M'thalli which means the cabs have to take a U turn to reach the tech parks and a bigger U turn probably at Bellandur to get out of the tech park. If you have a co-passenger in Ecospace, EcoWorld, Cessna then you are doomed.

Both times, I got down from the cab, crossed over and took a Volvo to work.

What I find appalling is, the apathy of co-passengers. None of them wants to cross the road on foot and everyone wants a door step drop. They don't care if that adds 1 hr or 1/2 hr to your travel time. If the drop is deep inside a tech park, it is understandable.

I usually walk down 1/2 km to 1 km if I think it will reduce travel/wait time, fuel for the cab and reduce traffic congestion, in general.

</rant>
chakri400 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 12:06   #11658
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
Did you point to your head indicating that they are not wearing helmets? Generally pointing to the fact without speaking anything that they have broken a law shuts them instantly since they know if traffic cops come in the commotion they will be fined.
Nope I did not, may be one should do that when someone come across a situation like this !
mohammedismail is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 12:23   #11659
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Update:
As I had decided earlier, I pulled over and spoke to these cops. Here's the translation for those who cannot follow Kannada along with the Video from the Dashcam:
Hats off to you Parag for taking it up with the company first and then with the authorities. Shame on all those employees who sit in those buses and watch their drivers break traffic rules everyday. And shame on those people who after receiving your emails chose to ignore them. Shows us the kind of respect these corporates have towards rules and regulations in running their businesses.

Poor cops are so badly outnumbered by traffic offenders these days that they don't even bother. They have one of the worst jobs in the world today. When you say that Siemens buses are regular offenders on this stretch, makes me wonder whether the contractor has some arrangement with the cops.
Santoshbhat is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 12:33   #11660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualeo2040 View Post
Hi Parag,
This is really good.
Guess you might have tried it already, but how about shaming Siemens on Twitter?
The employees might be too overqualified to respond or react, but I am pretty sure Germans are not too fond of negative publicity.
If the buses carry the Siemens logo, then it is their responsibility to get their house in order.
In addition to twitter, we can also share in facebook and other community forum like Logical Indian.
Old 7th June 2016, 12:39   #11661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuram.cg View Post
Heavy Jam Alert : KR Puram to Rainbow Hospital underpass. It is choc a bloc and folks should make alternative arrangements
I dont know what the reason is

-raghu
This jam was terrible around 9:45am. I was stuck in it for 30 minutes and decided to go from the service road below the More flyover and turned left towards Whitefield main road. It was looking pathetic with loaded trucks waiting upslope on the flyover. The same thing happens every year and nothing is done about it. There is just no value for our time. Yesterday I was stuck at the ORR railway crossing at Yeswantpur for around 35 minutes. I feel like a fool waiting in line while trucks, cars and TTs go in the wrong direction and reach their destination faster. I think driving everyday through that stretch would make anyone think "to hell with the rules"
Old 7th June 2016, 12:49   #11662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuram.cg View Post
Heavy Jam Alert : KR Puram to Rainbow Hospital underpass. It is choc a bloc and folks should make alternative arrangements
I dont know what the reason is

-raghu
<Rant>
Looks like BBMP has taken an underground waterline from the amazon river, to Karthik Nagar underpass; to address Bangalore's drinking water woes!

I also expect them to operate a 2 days, 3 night cruise-liner from Karthik Nagar underpass to Kadubeesanahalli underpass.
</Rant>

It took me 2 hours and 15 min from KRPuram to Karthik Nagar underpass (8 AM to 10:15 AM).
Rocky_Balboa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 12:50   #11663
Senior - BHPian

Left home really late today thinking I'll get lesser traffic post 11AM.

Took me 45 minutes to go from the HSR 19th Main-ORR intersection till the Sarjapur road flyover on a two wheeler !!!

Had to turn around and head back home, thankfully my organinzation has an pretty relaxed WFH policy. I pity those who were going to spend another 1-2 hours stuck in that traffic.
Old 7th June 2016, 12:52   #11664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
There has been heavy water logging on what is referred to as "Salem bridge" just beyond the K.R Puram fly over (towards city side). Because of this there is very slow movement of vehicles. But that should have got cleared by around 0945Hrs.
This was the case when it rained on 18th May as well. The railway underpass was fully flooded and just one lane was available for use then. It seems to be the same case today as well. BBMP just doesn't seem to care.

Also the service lane entry before the first bridge before ecospace when going towards ecospace has become completely unusable after the rains and this is causing a traffic jam right from the kadubeesanahalli underpass on most days as the vehicles trying to enter this service road block all three lanes on the main carraigeway.
Old 7th June 2016, 13:43   #11665
BHPian

amazing, traffic still crawling on KRPuram-Marathahalli ORR stretch!!
where is the new bottle neck?

Last edited by WindRide : 7th June 2016 at 13:44.
Old 7th June 2016, 14:03   #11666
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Last evening, I noticed rocks/boulders placed near the access ramp of the railway underpass on Kasturi nagar side. This is the underpass that leads to Old Madras road near Bennigannahalli. So now, you have to drive all the way past the Byappanahalli Metro station rear entrance/NGEF factory to reach Old Madras Road.
Forgot to update this earlier. Last Sunday I saw that the boulders have been removed and the underpass is open for all traffic, business as usual
However, given that it was raining and I was in the car, I avoided taking the underpass since it is almost always water logged when it rains and I don't mind an extra 1-2 Km anyways
Old 7th June 2016, 14:06   #11667
BHPian

Yesterday I was travelling on the Hosur Rd service road near bommanahalli towards Kudlu Junction. One idiot crossing the road jumps over the 5 foot high barrier right in front of my car. Thankfully I was going slowly about (10-20 KMPH) and he just got bumped - must have been aching for some time for him though.

The service road is pretty crazy with people driving without any rules so I go very carefully but there are some taxi guys who drive very fast and this guy was lucky he just came in front of me.

The guy looked sheepish and slunk away knowing it was his fault. I actually felt little bad for him but he is fully responsible.

Another thing to be on lookout for while commuting - people randomly jumping in front of you from unexpected places. Also this means I have to get a dashcam fast.
Old 7th June 2016, 14:13   #11668
BHPian

Ecospace and Bellandur is still jammed! Took me a good 45 mins to travel to my work place at Embassy Tech Village from Sarjapur Road.
Old 7th June 2016, 14:52   #11669
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanak1 View Post
Yesterday I was stuck at the ORR railway crossing at Yeswantpur for around 35 minutes.
This spot is always bad. I did the mistake of taking this road a couple of time early this year and have never gone back. You might be better off taking HMT main road and connecting to tumkur road.
Old 7th June 2016, 17:07   #11670
JD1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Left home really late today thinking I'll get lesser traffic post 11AM.

Took me 45 minutes to go from the HSR 19th Main-ORR intersection till the Sarjapur road flyover on a two wheeler !!!

Had to turn around and head back home, thankfully my organinzation has an pretty relaxed WFH policy. I pity those who were going to spend another 1-2 hours stuck in that traffic.
Was there a bus breakdown or water logging in that stretch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Ecospace and Bellandur is still jammed! Took me a good 45 mins to travel to my work place at Embassy Tech Village from Sarjapur Road.
The Agara flyover got cleared sometime around 2:30 pm. But saw that in Google maps portions of the stretch between Agara and Ecospace were still in Red (though not the whole stretch - only some portions).
Was it due to underpass water logging or something else?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks