Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2016, 09:15   #11881
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishhm74 View Post
Traffic Alert : Under Marathahalli bridge :Time 8:20am
Volvo stuck between the divider (cannot fathom how) slowing down traffic on both sides and traffic piling up.
Traffic police with crane on work to pull the Volvo out - so should get resolved soon.Attachment 1521697

I think the after effect of that is the traffic pile up from agara. I have been stuck near agara frok past 15 mins not able to move more than 100-150 ft. 😡
Old 27th June 2016, 09:22   #11882
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

The Volvo seems to have disappeared. But to compensate, there is a truck broken down on the rightmost lane near innovative multiplex causing slow moving traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
I think the after effect of that is the traffic pile up from agara. I have been stuck near agara frok past 15 mins not able to move more than 100-150 ft. ��
Fortunately this is not the case. That looks like some other block before belandur. This was how the down ramp of the belandur flyover looked at 9am. Normally you cannot even see the road tarmac.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20160627_085843.jpg
Old 27th June 2016, 09:27   #11883
BHPian

There was a bus breakdown right on the Bellandur flyover. Hopefully they would have towed it by now.
Old 27th June 2016, 10:00   #11884
BHPian

Tired of people sneaking into my lane, even when there is hardly and space available. Today, I really lost it and was tempted to rear-end the joker. Thinking if its time to install front bull-bars on my vehicle
Old 27th June 2016, 10:01   #11885
Distinguished - BHPian

Bangalore cabbies are oblivious of any indicator stalks, they only know the Horn Stalk .

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-10474682_10152319548284998_2052345231849337841_n.jpg

"Rest in Peace" - Rest your hand peacefully on the stalk and expect the rest to make way for you!
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2016, 10:59   #11886
Senior - BHPian

Some major construction work is happening on Old Madras Road near Bayyappanahalli Metro. Foot paths etc. seems to have got dug up. So slow moving traffic on O.M Road.
Old 27th June 2016, 11:25   #11887
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
Tired of people sneaking into my lane, even when there is hardly and space available. Today, I really lost it and was tempted to rear-end the joker. Thinking if its time to install front bull-bars on my vehicle
Mate, I already have a bull bar fitted to my Santro. Trust me in city while overtaking, the 2 wheelers are vary of this being fitted and do not try any kind of circus work lest the bull bar should hit their vehicle.
Old 27th June 2016, 11:41   #11888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Mate, I already have a bull bar fitted to my Santro. Trust me in city while overtaking, the 2 wheelers are vary of this being fitted and do not try any kind of circus work lest the bull bar should hit their vehicle.
In my case, it is not the 2 wheelers, but the 4 wheelers that need some disciplining- both cab drivers as well as private vehicles. Already have a rear bull bar, did not get the front one done, as I did not want to spoil the looks of the vehicle, plus did not want anything to interfere with the functioning of the airbags.
Old 27th June 2016, 11:53   #11889
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
In my case, it is not the 2 wheelers, but the 4 wheelers that need some disciplining- both cab drivers as well as private vehicles. Already have a rear bull bar, did not get the front one done, as I did not want to spoil the looks of the vehicle, plus did not want anything to interfere with the functioning of the airbags.
That's the other drawback of front bull bar. In the event of accident, the impact will be taken by bull bar and passed on to the chassis thereby rendering the crumple zone factor redundant. This is a different subject matter altogether. But for city driving I have not faced any issues bcoz of this.
Old 27th June 2016, 12:49   #11890
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
You are right, 500C is actually an ORR only service and does not go up Marathahalli Bridge.(Banashankari to Tin Factory).
That 500C would be non-AC service, plying between KR Puram and Silk Board, which adds to the confusion of AC service of 500C. So make sure to check out the maker's name before boarding the bus

For AC (Volvo, Cornoas), these are the variants that ply on ITPL-ORR-Silkboard route:

Most frequent routes (say a bus every 5 minutes during peak hours):
500C/500CA: ITPL to BSK
500NA: ITPL to Silkboard

Less frequent routes (may be 1 or 2 routes per day)
500BM: ITPL to Brigade Millenium
500CN: ITPL to Bannerghatta
500CB: ITPL to Arakere
500CK: BSK to Kadugodi
500DB/500DF: ITPL to Hebbal
500E: ITPL to Electronic City
500K: ITPL to Vijayanagar
500KB: ITPL to Mathikere
500KE: ITPL to Kengeri
500KG: ITPL to Gottigere
500KM: ITPL to Kalyani Magnum
500KR: ITPL to Rajarajeshwarinagara
500N: Upto Vydehi (not ITPL)
500W: ITPL to ISRO Layout
+ more

From Hebbal:
500D: Hebbal to Silk Board (most frequent)
500A: Hebbal to BSK (less frequent)

Details here: https://www.mybmtc.com/brand/timings/vj

Last edited by msdivy : 27th June 2016 at 12:51.
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2016, 13:39   #11891
JD1
BHPian

This picture of the bus gives a full picture! Still scratching my head on the angle and how the driver would have navigated in between the 2 trees!!
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-bus.jpg  

JD1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2016, 13:51   #11892
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Some major construction work is happening on Old Madras Road near Bayyappanahalli Metro. Foot paths etc. seems to have got dug up. So slow moving traffic on O.M Road.
This is probably for the cycle lane being done from metro station to RMZ Infinity. Apparently there is a plan to lay cycle tracks from the tech parks to the nearest metro station.

As per an email I saw initial plan is to connect RMZ infinity,Bagmane Techpark, Brigade Metropolis (I assume all from Byapanahalli) and EGL (I assume from CMH Road)
Old 27th June 2016, 16:34   #11893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
This picture of the bus gives a full picture! Still scratching my head on the angle and how the driver would have navigated in between the 2 trees!!
If he was trying to take a U turn then his license should be revoked and suspended from service.
sansvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2016, 18:32   #11894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
If he was trying to take a U turn then his license should be revoked and suspended from service.
This U turn is a common phenomena in front of Swami Vivekananda Metro Station by the Metro Feeder Buses. They just climb over the big divider cutting traffic on both side.
But this Volvo certainly didn't have this problem to solve !!
Old 27th June 2016, 20:14   #11895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Fortunately this is not the case. That looks like some other block before belandur. This was how the down ramp of the belandur flyover looked at 9am. Normally you cannot even see the road tarmac.
Oh ok. Was thinking this may be because of monday morning traffic. Today was actually a bad day for me. Took me close to 2 hours to reach my office in Sarjapur from Lalbagh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
What on earth was the driver attempting! If he was trying to take a U turn like others have mentioned, was he driving on the wrong side before attempting it. Because from the photo it looks as though he was driving the wrong way!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks