Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2009, 00:26   #1051
BHPian

Yup absolutely nothing wrong with the cops. They were right, when the right turn green goes off, you need to stop. Wait till you see it indicating green to turn right.
Old 20th October 2009, 00:26   #1052
Senior - BHPian

Yes I travel in the same signal , the cops stand on the other end of the road in the corner ( like thieves ) ready to rob .

That signal is deadly , ppl who know the signal stop and those who don't know might bang you from behind , put indicators as soon as you being to slow down and stop at right and other vehicles proceed straight towards hosur .

I see the confusion daily in that sgnal , there are 2 green lights that are lit ,ppl can go straight and also can take a right towards madivala police station , after few minutes , the right signal vanishes and only the straight is lit .This means you should stop, but ppl get confused . The other worst part is when the right green goes off the traffic from opposite side heads your way .

location is 12.924555,77.62837

Last edited by black12rr : 20th October 2009 at 00:34.
Old 20th October 2009, 10:19   #1053
BHPian

Drive Against Fancy Number Plates

Don't feel too happy....as usual, good things don't happen in Bangalore:
Crackdown spurs return to regular numberplates - Chennai - City - The Times of India
Old 20th October 2009, 10:52   #1054
Senior - BHPian

Here in Jaipur also, when the straight signal is green and right green signal isnt blinking that means you cant only go stright and cant take a right turn. So I guess nothing wrong with the signal.

Neverthless you got challaned, and got away by paying only Rs. 100/- Hopefully next time you will be more carefull.

I dont think the cops require any bashing here, they were only doing their job.

Regards
Old 20th October 2009, 10:53   #1055
BHPian

Mods: Merge this....

.....with http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...t-all-bad.html
Old 20th October 2009, 11:00   #1056
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Yes I travel in the same signal , the cops stand on the other end of the road in the corner ( like thieves ) ready to rob
Its actually funny the way you have said it.
Very true. There are quite a few haunts in Bangalore where they stay hidden like crooks. The reward potentials are too good to loose for them. All in the same time while actually doing their duty.
Old 20th October 2009, 11:09   #1057
Senior - BHPian

When there is no green right arrow on, that means there is no right turn or the signal for right turn is off right now. you would have to wait for your turn.
Old 20th October 2009, 11:25   #1058
Team-BHP Support

Mods note: Thread merged. Please have all your traffic related discussion here only and do not open a new thread for BANGALORE TRAFFIC. Thanks.
Old 20th October 2009, 11:31   #1059
Senior - BHPian

Man this is so needed in Bangalore, i see many cars/bikes with the tiny number plates which are hardly visible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempelhof View Post
Don't feel too happy....as usual, good things don't happen in Bangalore:
Crackdown spurs return to regular numberplates - Chennai - City - The Times of India
Old 20th October 2009, 13:19   #1060
BHPian

One more Rant - We were riding a Honda Activa on one of the "Pretty" busy roads in Bangalore. We see a Hyundai Santro "swaying", like a rookie trying to balance the steering for the first time. What do we see when we overtake the car? The dood had his kid on his lap and had let his kid handle the steering I mean, come on guys, its plain stupid and dangerous. You love your kid's passion for Cars, get him to a "Go Carting" with sufficient protection. Dont endanger others and the kid.
Old 21st October 2009, 12:49   #1061
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond_bhai View Post
One more Rant The dood had his kid on his lap and had let his kid handle the steering
This is downright insane!! Makes me want to the guy who seems to have no concern for the lives of people on the road!
Old 21st October 2009, 14:45   #1062
Senior - BHPian

Saw the same kinda crap the other day. A moron,his idiotic wife n their kid in a swift/getz[Dont remember which one]. This dude was holding a tiffin box or something like that and feeding his kid on a main road while driving. You dont value your life pl go crash somewhere and die,why putting others in trouble
Old 21st October 2009, 21:19   #1063
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
+100000000 to that.
Same story on Bannerghatta road also. They drive in the middle of the road and wont let you overtake them. At Hulimavu, they stop also in the middle of the road, blocking all traffic.

True, from IIM towards Bannerghatta Park, there is a signal that on the Hulimavu junction not too many people bother to stop for - especially the Volvos. Jumping signals, not bothering to stop for the signal is the norm. But I feel that the newly put in speed-plateau also does not help in matters!

Also, at the Bilekahalli signal, NO ONE bothers to stop. At times, I have seen that there is a fight between guys who have the green light and others who are already jumping the signal. All this with a cop there. On the rare times when I am riding back from work at night, I stop at this signal if it is red but am literally honked out of my wits to move. Their logic - wiggle in between the traffic which has right of way and get moving! I wait for the signal to turn but though I ride a Bullet, I am scared sometimes that some joker will beat me up.
Old 22nd October 2009, 14:30   #1064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajithvpl View Post
Yup absolutely nothing wrong with the cops. They were right, when the right turn green goes off, you need to stop. Wait till you see it indicating green to turn right.
+1! It just requires a bit being used to. Almost all signals on Bangalore operate like that. Tell me how can they have a red light only for right turn? One is supposed to go forward only if he/she sees green in his/her direction. Madivala,Sonyworld, Ejapura, St John's, Forum.. Almost every signal I pass through operate the same way.

But once I was taking a U-Turn in Ejipura junction, coming from Sonyworld Junction when the right turn signal was on. But a Sumo guy jumped the signal and I had to stop and by then the right turn turned off. There were two cops, the junior one asked me to stop. I did,produced all the papers and then I was told I jumped the signal. I refused to pay heed, and told that the cop should have caught the Sumo.I was taken to the senior cop, to whom I explained the situation and then I was let to go.

Yes, it might get confusing at times for visitors but the right of way should not be assumed.

Nainar
Old 22nd October 2009, 15:02   #1065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempelhof View Post
Got this as a part of the road-digging plan circulated within EPIP - this image shows the proposed new roads / underpasses in the EPIP Area:
Thanks for the good news. I feel it is just ridiculous for all vehicles to go thru Brookefields/Graphite junction to reach EPIP / ITPL.

From kundalahalli Junction, if you to towards ITPL from Old Airport to Varthur Road the difference is max 1 KM. Additionally there are no major traffic signals and hardly any traffic to go thru Whitefield, yet people take the Brookefields/Graphite route. Everyone would save so much time and effort and money if the vehicles going to ITPL would take the Whitefield route instead of Brookefields.

with additional roads coming up it will certainly reduce the burden on brookefields...... I was aware of the route marked in Brown coming up but not of the others..... the siddapura to ITPL route will be the best, i guess.

ITPL BMTC buses leaving ITPL create such a huge traffic jam along the route upto kundalahalli junction should be routed thru Whitefield & old airport road in the meanwhile to reduce the strain on the normal route.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks