Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2009, 22:20   #901
Senior - BHPian

Well, driving in B'lore is getting scarier day by day!

If some mishap or incident happens, even if you were not at fault, the other party may gang up against you & intimidate you!

Traffic cops are only found at major junctions with a small notepad in hand!
Else a Inspector & cop will be seen standing bit far from the signal to catch the signal jumpers!
That is law enforcement for you!
Old 9th September 2009, 22:40   #902
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_boy View Post
Then started the fun. I dont speak Kannada and there was problem in communicating with them. Then the father demanded 1000 Rs from me telling he has to repair the cycle. Just imagine I did not hit him .. rather his cycle has scratched my car. The kid was on the wrong side and was going in high speed and he lost control and fell. I saw some one influential in my layout that time and asked for help. He said as i drive a bigger vehicle so no one is going to listen to me and he told others that i have taken them to the hospital and made others silent ... Still I ended up paying 500 Rs ...

Its not the money but the blame from the crowd made me feel bad .. I know there was no fault of mine but people around never understand ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpool_Red View Post

The strangest thing that happened to me was when I was waiting in my car at a traffic signal near family mart. All of sudden somewhen bangs into my car from the back. I wasn't surprised to see it was auto, but when i approached the back of my car the auto driver with two of his mates started yelling at me and were telling me that I hadn't put the brakes on and hence my car rolled back and banged into them. First I was confused and shocked but then I realised its just another con act. We were 3 guys in the car and argued hard with them before moving on. Im sure if I were alone they would have definitely put the blame on me and demanded some money.
Thats exactly I what I wanted to point out. Its the era of getting blamed after doing the right thing. I once nudged a guy who was standing with his bike. I parked at a safe spot and rushed out. He thought I was coming to scold him for being at the wrong side of the road. I was very apologetic and said sorry 'did I hurt you'? He was taken aback and replied that nothing happened and 'Aap jaise shareef log baut kam hain aaj kal' (The are very few good people around like you.) We shook hands and went our ways.

Another incident. I was travelling on bike in front of Accenture BG road. At the sagar appollo signal two guys come and start hammering another biker for he had nudged them at the last signal. The guys thought they would get local support if they blabber in kannada. To everyones surprise the victim was very very fluent in kannada too. Both parties were well dressed and looked educated. Where is this country going ? Imagine if this guy was an outsider. Pah!
Old 10th September 2009, 10:02   #903
BHPian

Incident today, was away from town for a while and this morning took out my car to office along my usual road- a service road exit to ORR. While i was away the exit was closed and the road was made one way.Coming form the layout I had no idea - I realized my mistake when the cop at the junction pointed me and came forward to help me get out of there- suddenly some dude on a scooter with a lady at the back sneaked in form my left and I braked hard- so hard that my car had barely touched the scooty- the guy simply dropped the scooter and raced at me like a lunatic even before i cud get down to see if anything had happened. Now incidentally my wife is learning to drive and so my vehicle has an 'L'- the guy started hurling obscenities thinking I am a learner. I got hot headed and unbuckled to beat him up but the police guy acted cool and forced him back to task. Some drivers at my back also joined in. The thing ended there though there was this momentary jam cause because of the altercations. The police guy continued his job and I was out in just minutes. So to save a few precious seconds this guy started wasting the morning for everyone on the road.

Though largely its not my fault since I'd have no way known the road was closed and i guess the police guy knew that. My question is it too much a trouble to ask politeness when I didn't actually nudge a vehicle or mow down someone ??? Sometimes I fail to understand if I am in a civilized country.

Last edited by PaglaGoru : 10th September 2009 at 10:04.
Old 10th September 2009, 10:33   #904
Senior - BHPian

Problem is that today people are in hurry dont know for what and most of them are so restless/ self centered!

few weeks back, was driving towards Marathali, traffic was crawling and i was in the right lane and a dude in his 800 tries to sneak between my car and a bus which was in the left lane, after couple of attempts he sneaks out while doing this his cars rear view touches my cars mirrors, luckily nothing happened.

Last week when i was in Mangalore wanted to take U turn on a main road, i normally try to make sure that i do it asap so that i dont cause any jams knowing that how wide the roads are in our country. when i was all most completed the turn a moron in an alto(TN reg) comes from the opposite direction and blocks my way, though it was his mistake i asked him politlely to move a bit so that i can move off as there was a jam being created and this dude asks me to buzz off....this just ticked me off and he was showered with some nice words from different languages

This moron looked in his 40s, educated and was with his family...when i see such people behaving like this i seriously get disappointed. guess in few years driving in any cityu would be very stressful not that presently its not but it would get worsened!
Old 10th September 2009, 20:21   #905
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Problem is that today people are in hurry dont know for what and most of them are so restless/ self centered!
This has,and always will be the problem in our country. There's no reason for a person to allow another individual to pass or move ahead while on the road. Every one wants to be #1! Fight their way out,graze others cars/bikes and scare the hell out of people.Yeah,thats the way they all work.
Being educated isn't a quality anymore.
Old 10th September 2009, 21:21   #906
Distinguished - BHPian

Was in Bangalore for a few days last week. The traffic is like Mumbai traffic turned into a bad dream. And the roads with those speed breakers...they are like hillocks. Phew! Owners of cars with low GC must be sweating.

Rgds,
Old 10th September 2009, 21:33   #907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
This has,and always will be the problem in our country. There's no reason for a person to allow another individual to pass or move ahead while on the road. Every one wants to be #1! Fight their way out,graze others cars/bikes and scare the hell out of people.
and yet... they are seldom punctual
Old 11th September 2009, 08:55   #908
BHPian

This happened some 4 years ago. My wife and I were on our Indica, 8-ish in the evening, towards J P Nagar (from Raghavendra temple) and I was behind the wheel. Our car was behind a few cars that were waiting for the go-ahead signal from the cop who was manning the traffic from within his traffic island near the Dental college there (RV Dental)? An omni van (very likely a taxi) was a couple of vehicles behind me. As soon as we were signaled to move on and when I was almost there at the traffic island, I saw him passing cars (obviously driving in the opposite lane) and trying to sneak through my car and the island. He tried his best to push me aside. I didn't relent. He had to brake hard... screeeech. When I rolled my car's windows to give him a piece of my mind, this guy had the nerve to ask me what was wrong with me. For a moment, I was speechless . He was brain-dead to realize that he was wrong. Worse it happened right under the nose of the cop (kinda literally). I'm prepared to tolerate the recklessness at least if those morons have the brain and mind to realize that they are wrong!
Maybe every insane driver thinks that s/he's the only one busy!
Old 11th September 2009, 09:34   #909
BHPian

^^maybe it was an ambulance omni :-)
Old 11th September 2009, 09:46   #910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Was in Bangalore for a few days last week. The traffic is like Mumbai traffic turned into a bad dream. And the roads with those speed breakers...they are like hillocks. Phew! Owners of cars with low GC must be sweating.

Rgds,
+1 to that.

I really do not know why so many speed breakers all over the place. You drive with your b*tt at stake always. I have failed to negotiate a few breakers on unfamiliar roads and the thud and the after-shock I received is enough to never ever try driving in third gear on select roads-including the approach road to my apartment.
Old 11th September 2009, 09:50   #911
JVH
Senior - BHPian

@Ilivcars,

Thoughts that might run through the moron's head

Who the hell is he to shout at me? Everybody does this and I'm doing it too!
When the cop didn't say anything, who is this guy to teach me driving?
Nowadays, who has the audacity to follow rules? Cops and rules be damned. I wanna reach early.
-------

The thing is these guys don't realize they are making mistakes and their ego is too big to even consider what others might say.

Very frequently, whenever I have to take a 90 deg left turn, the morons from the other side instead of leaving room for the opposite cars take the right turn head on instead of sticking to the lane expecting us to back off. Is it that hard to understand?
Old 11th September 2009, 09:55   #912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Nowadays, who has the audacity to follow rules? Cops and rules be damned. I wanna reach early.
-------
Funny, some transporters will spend hours at a tea stall gossiping about how to save the world, but once on the roads they want to reach ASAP.
Old 11th September 2009, 10:00   #913
BHPian

Happened at Whitefield railway crossing a week back. Around 8 PM, railway crossing was closed and I was waiting to cross from Sai Baba Ashram side towards Hopefarm. Stopped before the junction which is just before the crossing (towards Sai Baba). A traffic cop was manning the crossing and soon lot of Sumo cab stopped behind my M800.
When the railway crossing opened, cop asked my side traffic to wait to allow the traffic coming from Hopefarm side to cross. Suddenly, I felt my car being pushed. And to my surprise, Sumo behind me is literally pushing my car, I put my handbrake, and came out of the car, asked what his problem. Suddenly all this Sumo driver started shouting at me in Kannada. Cop saw that and he suddenly opened traffic of my side. Now I became a bad boy as I was blocking the traffic :(

Last edited by vinay.pillai : 11th September 2009 at 10:02.
Old 11th September 2009, 10:10   #914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.pillai View Post
Suddenly, I felt my car being pushed. And to my surprise, Sumo behind me is literally pushing my car, I put my handbrake, and came out of the car, asked what his problem. Suddenly all this Sumo driver started shouting at me in Kannada. Cop saw that and he suddenly opened traffic of my side. Now I became a bad boy as I was blocking the traffic :(
I so empathize with you bro. Exactly the same thing happened to me but in opposite directions.
I was waiting for the signal to go green just before entering IRR to go towards the old HAL comm airport (2 years back). If you guys remember, this has a little downward slope against the direction.
An auto guy very conveniently rested his auto's rear on my front bumper and was whistling away to glory. I honked and honked till I could honk no more. I felt for the batteries and my palm. But I could see him grin his RVM.
Boy, I was steaming, Once the signal went green I overtook him and said something that made the passenger jump out of the auto and the auto guy was reminded of his female family members till almost half the IRR.
I promise you guys, he would never attempt that again.
Old 11th September 2009, 13:25   #915
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
And the roads with those speed breakers...they are like hillocks. Phew!
That's the only way to slow down boy racers on bikes and the unrelenting BMTC bus drivers who smother the small humps at speed!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks