Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2009, 20:30   #1096
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
+1

On the Whitefield Road (ITPL -> KR Puram), just little after the Big Bazaar a new giant hump came up today, as a result the vehicles are slowing down & create a small jam there!
To that great man who allowed that hump - What a brilliant idea sirjee!
Huh, where did this come from and when? I on the road next to Big Bazaar and travel to Whitefield. Which side it it on?
Old 2nd November 2009, 20:44   #1097
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Huh, where did this come from and when? I on the road next to Big Bazaar and travel to Whitefield. Which side it it on?
If you are coming from ITPL side towards Hoodi jn., around 500 mts from Big Bazaar jn.
I noticed it today evening, it wasn't there until last friday.

Last edited by finneyp : 2nd November 2009 at 20:56.
Old 3rd November 2009, 16:36   #1098
BHPian

Had a very bad experience with a moron lady on a Honda Activa on NandiDurga Road this morning. If anyone was on that route around 9:15 - 9:45 and saw a commotion near the Hanuman Temple, that would have been me.

I had been following this female for the past 1 km or so and she was driving fast and weaving in and out. Just after the final speedbreaker she went behind a vehicle on its left. I was on the right of the same vehicle and level with her and slowed down as there was oncoming traffic. This female just weaved right to pass that vehicle and onto my path. Infact, she did not even notice me there and BANG!! She fell down. Thankfully I was not fast around 30kmph. I stopped and thought to pull her vehicle up, but I was in the middle of the road and thought let me park my bike and help her. But soon, she was up and shouting at the top of her voice accusing of me of overtaking her from the right. I was like .

Some guy pulled her activa to the side and she went and sat on the pavement showing some real signs of pain. I didnt want to go off and also went to the side. An elderly gentleman also in a Pulsar stopped by and enquired. I just started to say to him what happened when that female saw that and literally came running and again started accusing me. I was getting really irritated now and I was being very polite. People around were just telling me to say Sorry and be on my way. She then started shouting that even if it is her mistake, I was wrong in not helping her. I had had enough and pulled out. Another Honda Activa driver who was nearby then said the same thing and he also seems had a near collision with her.

Spoiled my mood completely. Stupid Female. What is with this breed of Honda Activa drivers.I have noticed them always and stay clear, but then sometimes you just cant avoid. The elderly man accompanied me for some distance and the first thing he said was dont waste time with the ladies and just go.

I dont usually say this, but lady if you really got injured in your leg, it's your fault alone and you probably deserve it. Next time watch where you are going. Seems they think shouting loudly would give them an advantage. Thankfully, no one was on her side, else it would have become messy.
Old 3rd November 2009, 17:17   #1099
Senior - BHPian

Raj, thats a sad incident and something like that in the morning it would surely spoil your mood that entire day!

Seems like that "lady's" EGO was hurt more then anything and these days many(both men and women) think that they are Valentino Rossi"

I guess need to let go of such incidents you wont find any answer.
Old 3rd November 2009, 18:01   #1100
BHPian

^^ thats a sad incident - people think they can get away with driving like a fool and then putting it on someone else when things go bad!
Old 3rd November 2009, 19:33   #1101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
^^ thats a sad incident - people think they can get away with driving like a fool and then putting it on someone else when things go bad!

One day I was waiting for the signal to change at the 18th cross Malleswaram. Saw 2 girls on a scooter approaching my car from behind. They were talking to each other and not watching where they were going. I was out of the car to warn them. By the time they banged into the rear of my car . Fortunately my bumper suffered little damage and the girls were ok. Their reasoning - brakes failed. When I pointed out that I was out of the vehicle to warn them even before they banged my car, spectators all around started laughing at the girls and they just vanished.

Ladies - one of the most un-predictable drivers and riders. Keep safe distance. And never argue with the ladies. We will be in trouble.

Raj, you are very lucky.

Last edited by sudharma : 3rd November 2009 at 19:37. Reason: Correction.
Old 3rd November 2009, 21:19   #1102
Senior - BHPian

Sorry about the incident, Raj.Same with you,sudharma.

I might be assuming this, but I wouldn't be surprised if the girl was a student of a college close to Nandidurg Rd. Atleast I can vouch for 1 college that most Bangaloreans know of (its on Palace Rd,if you will). I've been to that college a zillion times, and every single time I've been there,I've noticed atleast 4-5 girls riding their scooters like they were on some sort of race/rally. Since my mother's a faculty member,I'm usually allowed to park inside the premises, and every now and then I see students racing down the driveway,screeching to a halt at the gate and then taking off again.On one occassion, a girl on a Scooty skidded pretty close to my car,and I had noticed her swaying b/w students walking down the driveway,checking her hair in the mirror while doing that and the next thing she knows- she's flat out on the road,with her bike sliding away from her. Luckily, she got away with a few bruises only.
Boy!Wasn't I happy to walk over and give her a bit of education, on how to appropriately use a 2 wheeler! I do believe that got some sense into the pea-sized brain she had!
Old 4th November 2009, 11:03   #1103
Senior - BHPian

Ok, so around 4 PM yesterday I get a call from a colleague's cellphone that, he has met with an accident just around the corner. Me and some other colleagues rush to the spot. I got another call from him that he is on the way to St John's ER and the injuries are serious and asked me to take care of the bike he was riding. We reached the spot, saw blood and the bike parked along side the road. We hired a rick to St. John's ER and saw him.
It was pathetic. His palm was bleeding and the friend was crying with excrutiating pain. When asked by the ER on call medic, he described the entire accident.
He was riding at 30 KMPH. Some vehicle brushed him. He lost his balance. Fell flat on the road with arms extended. Truck's rear wheel went on the back of his palm. He saw his palm stuck underneath, and the wheel did not go over it. It skidded along with the palm for some minor distance, braked and the wheel rolled behind.
No one helped. The side swiper was nowhere to be seen. The trucker did not stop (guess he did not know what happened). People did not care. Little help offered. Some good Samaritian came in and helped him get the bike aside, and took him to St. Johns.

The good Samaritian was illiterate and could hardly speak any english or Hindi. He did not take any money and was there till we came and left quitely w/o making a noise.

Damage: Bones behind his palm all broken and twisted, wrist bones cartilages etc dis located. Palm twisted in an angle best not described here. After multiple X-rays, the Plastic surgeon wanted an othopedic opinion as well. The surgery was going to be major, followed by observation, followed by physiohtherapy. Would it heal 100% ?
Docs say: Will try for 100% perfection but very very difficult.
The surgeon asked to touch each finger to the thumb and my friend could manage it quite well actually, nearly.

He came out of surgery in the morning at 3AM. Looked fine. Lets see.

So this is what life has become. Fast, modern. Dude is a BE Comp. Critical resource. Most important, the hand was his right hand. Hails from AP and no relatives here.

When Moses (peace be unto him) asked God Almighty:
What would you ask the most, God, if there was some other God over and above you.

God Replied: If there was someone above me (which there is none), I would ask for good health.

Was at the ER for over 5 hours, saw 2 emergencies which resulted in death. There was moaning, crying, emotions were so I high, that sometimes even the billing section lady would get up with mouth covered to see what the commotion is about. Not a nice place to be. I went to a place which I thought would lead to a toilet and saw something on a stretcher which was covered from head to toe. It was a corpse lying unclaimed. Damn that was spooky. Didn't feel like peeing all of a sudden.

Sorry mods for the long post. Did not intend to pen down so much but I guess my fingers did not stop.
Old 4th November 2009, 11:21   #1104
Senior - BHPian

God! that sounds terrible and it brings shivers thinking about it!

Hope your friend recovers fast! and pray to god that he gets the strength to get through this phase!

On the guy who brushed and led to this accident, i hope he gets it and should realize that how it feels to be at the receiving end, pathetic!

This reminds me a incident couple of days back, a young dude in hiw white Alto overtook me in left and this moron was very very close to my bike while he passed me, lucky that i held on to the line else i would have been on the ground....miserable people think that they own a F! car !

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Ok, so around 4 PM yesterday I get a call from a colleague's cellphone that, he has met with an accident just around the corner. Me and some other colleagues rush to the spot. I got another call from him that he is on the way to St John's ER and the injuries are serious and asked me to take care of the bike he was riding. We reached the spot, saw blood and the bike parked along side the road. We hired a rick to St. John's ER and saw him. .....
Old 4th November 2009, 11:24   #1105
Senior - BHPian

Pervez, sorry to know about your colleague's accident!
Two-wheeler riders are at a greater risk of serious injuries in accidents, hence they need to be extra careful while driving!
But, if the other person drives recklessly & bangs you, nothing much can be done!

Hope you colleague recovers fast & is able to use his hand normally!
Old 4th November 2009, 15:00   #1106
BHPian

[quote=KRRaj;1563625]Had a very bad experience with a moron lady on a Honda Activa on NandiDurga Road this morning.

Saw another Activa accident on the Lalbagh Siddapura Gate Road.

Yesterday (03-04-09), at around 2.45 pm, I was going from Ashoka Pillar towards Double Road. One elderly person along with her duaghter was riding Honda Activa. Before him 1 Pulsar and another Bike were going, talking to each other while driving ( This is a very dangerous issue in Bangalore - either they've to stop for talking to each other or should keep their conversation only to find the directions.)

Just after the Lalbagh Siddapura Gate, the BMTC bus stopped at the Bus stop and these 2 bikes were still conversing with each other and both came to the right without seeing who's behind them. The Old Man couldn't even put the brakes and both of them fell on the road. The Old Man fell on the divider and had injury on the ribs. Nothing Major, but the Bikers didn't stop ( I guess they've heard the big sound).

[quote]
Quote:
Ok,
Quote:
Docs say: Will try for 100% perfection but very very difficult.
Sorry for the accident of your colleague.

But it can never be 100%. The Doctor's cannot compete with GOD!!!.

I've experienced myself, but in a small way. They say it's 100%, but I can challenge them that it can never be 100%. Be happy if it comes to more than 80%.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Dippy : 4th November 2009 at 16:51. Reason: Deleting off topic content
Old 4th November 2009, 18:35   #1107
BHPian

^^ prince it is very sad man - i've fallen of my bike in the past and injured both my wrists (partially torn ligaments), it took 2 painful years to get to doing basic stuff like writing/typing and after 9-10 yrs also it is not 100%. I can't even imagine what craziness your friend is going through now!!
I just hope and pray, that he can get back as close as possible to 100%. Please make sure the doc/surgeons are good.
Old 4th November 2009, 22:44   #1108
Senior - BHPian

We'r all praying for your colleague,Pervez. It will take a while for the wounds to heal, but whats most important is that your friend still has his life, and he can thank his lucky stars for that. Do keep us posted on his recovery.
Old 6th November 2009, 05:13   #1109
BHPian

Quote:
May GOD help your friend recover fast and 100%.
Old 6th November 2009, 10:32   #1110
Senior - BHPian

Hey thanks a lot guys. Lohit, @finneyp, @Jazz, Jassi, Nitin, Sudharma. He is coping up. Not that well. He still has that pain and his hand is suspended in the air via supports. Bad scene. He is under observation with dressing done everyday. That is damn painful itself. Lets hope for the best. Thanks again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks