Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2012, 14:13   #3331
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
You could try this route, which is single lane for a major part and prone to small jams, but nothing like the ones seen on ORR:

Outer Ring Rd to Varthur Rd - Google Maps
I take this route everyday. Its a lot faster than the ORR.

BUT,

I wouldn't recommend this route for cars as its very narrow for the most part of the route and is very easily prone to jams. And on account of being narrow you can't really turn back and take a different route. Plus owing to the fact that its a lonely route, post sun-down it will be just another mugging incident waiting to happen.
Old 9th May 2012, 14:24   #3332
Team-BHP Support

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
P.S - @anyone who travelled by ORR towards Marathahalli today morning - did yesterday's downpour cause another underpass flooding at Kadubeesanahalli?? Curious to know whether today was a repeat of last wednesday's fiasco.
I did, but not at my conventional time. I passed this stretch at around 7:30AM, where the roads were free and devoid of any blocks. I reached office in a much better mood.

Thankfully, there was no flooding this morning, bit i did see a suction pipe peering into the tunnel while i passed overhead. I feared a flooding last evening, as the rains were heavy when i started back last evening. Thankfully that didnt happen, and i escaped.
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2012, 14:40   #3333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
If you are going to Whitefield, then you can take right, instead of taking left to join Kadubeesanahalli. Then the road becomes narrow curves right. Then there is a left turn. If you take that, it goes under railway track, and after 3-4 kms, joins Varthur village. There you can take right to reach Whitefield.
Sadly my office is on ORR itself :(.. Yup, I know about this route as I used to take this route long time back when this whole area was a farm land. It was kind of a nice green area just outside of Bangalore. Normally on weekends I would take my bike out and head towards these parts but now Bangalore expansion has taken over these areas.
Old 9th May 2012, 16:20   #3334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Kiran, you can try this route but there are some bad stretches and road goes via a village. Normally there won't be any traffic jam there as not many people use it.
I have tried this route few times, but the problem is as mentioned below. The water tanker guys were very rash and causing mini jams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
I wouldn't recommend this route for cars as its very narrow for the most part of the route and is very easily prone to jams. And on account of being narrow you can't really turn back and take a different route. Plus owing to the fact that its a lonely route, post sun-down it will be just another mugging incident waiting to happen.
Old 10th May 2012, 13:26   #3335
Senior - BHPian

Did a 'tattle-tale' job today morning! And not feeling guity about it...

As per law, service road around silkboard till electronic city area should not be used by heavy vehicles, but no one follows it very strictly. The usual sand truckers, local private buses grease their way thru service roads to avoid looong signals.

People travelling beyond ecity would be very aware of the PAINFUL long signal just beyond the BETL flyover, everyone loves to AVOID that Ill-Managed signal, and of course MANY bus/lorry takes the service road...

I travel from Hosur (south of bangalore) by bike daily into ecity and cross Biocon factory and take the service road to get into ecity and avoid the signal.

In the google map ---
(1) - Is entry just outside biocon factory into service road
(2) near its exit
(3) the usual entry point of all VIOLATORS into service road to AVOID "4" - the SIGNAL!
(4) The dreaded signal...

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1.jpg

I as usual always get into 3 but seeing a jam (thanks to a bus stop just next to 3) I entered thru 2 - and I see this Bus with headlights and horn blasting thru all the way from biocon enterance which is at least 1.5Kms from the signal. This TamilNadu Govt bus driver was bent upon saving time and I by now was bent upon screwing him!

I being on a bike, raced upto the yellow arrow - where all the signal jumpers (On the main road) are caught by 2 cops and challaned. I shouted over to a constable and said do you ever catch the service road violators. He said in a nonchalant tone "thanks to you let me catch one today" and said me to park under a coconut tree and help in flagging down this bus. So me and this cop flagged down this idiot, and proudly challaned him 100Rs much to his anger and he kept mumbling as he paid the fine and drove on. The cop asked me "santhoshaa naa?" - means "Happy now?" - I brimmed and said to do this to all state drivers and not just TN guys and drove on...

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-photo0162.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-photo0163.jpg
svsantosh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th May 2012, 09:08   #3336
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw one police interceptor enforcing speed limit below Marthahalli flyover stopping vehicles coming from KR Puram towards Bellandur. Havent seen police in that strech anytime before. This was on Saturday afternoon. Also the early morning (6 -8 AM) enforcement check I guess is continuing, on last friday also saw few vehicles stopped on Old airport road at various locations.
Old 14th May 2012, 09:22   #3337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas
Saw one police interceptor enforcing speed limit below Marthahalli flyover stopping vehicles coming from KR Puram towards Bellandur. Havent seen police in that strech anytime before. This was on Saturday afternoon.
I once got a ticket for speeding there almost 2 years back. It is so much convenient for them to make some money there, as it the interceptor is after coming down the underpass.
Old 14th May 2012, 09:56   #3338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Saw one police interceptor enforcing speed limit below Marthahalli flyover stopping vehicles coming from KR Puram towards Bellandur. Havent seen police in that strech anytime before.
I pass that junction at around 4.15 PM everyday and have been seeing the speed interceptor for the last 2 months on a regular basis.

They used to be near the underpass, since the underpass is in a mess and there is no other stretch on the that road to speed, they have cunningly moved further up near marathahalli

Regards
Old 14th May 2012, 10:03   #3339
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
I once got a ticket for speeding there almost 2 years back. It is so much convenient for them to make some money there, as it the interceptor is after coming down the underpass.
Yes, me too thought the same. For a person who would be following speed limit near Kalamandir once he nears underpass unless he is concentrating on speedometer more and road less chances are he will be atleast some 10Kmph faster by time he reaches the place where the interceptor is present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
I pass that junction at around 4.15 PM everyday and have been seeing the speed interceptor for the last 2 months on a regular basis.
I wasnt knowing this, I usually travel in that route morning around 8:10 or so and dont find any interceptors. On Saturday had to go to office for some work around 4:00PM and saw these people waiting there.
Old 14th May 2012, 10:17   #3340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
On Saturday had to go to office for some work around 4:00PM and saw these people waiting there.
Correct, between 4 & 5 PM and not after that, because traffic builds up after that. But Bangalore Traffic Cops, you never know when they will surprise you. Its better to slow down or be behind another 4 wheeler always (my way of evading speed interceptor)

Regards
Old 14th May 2012, 19:07   #3341
BHPian

A truck has broken down on hosa road (sarjapur road end) and has thrown the traffic into a tizzy. Jams all around. Also a man hole has opened up at the junction and this adds to the woes. Guys, avoid this junction if possible.

Last edited by bejoy : 14th May 2012 at 19:30.
Old 14th May 2012, 19:17   #3342
Team-BHP Support

The cops have put those warning signs (~3 ft, red, conical, plastic posts) at Kundalahalli signal as lane dividers (going towards Whitefield). There are about 5 of them with a tiny rope keeping them in place.

They are placed about 1/3rd from the left of the road to allow vehicles wanting to go left a free passage.

Although it is going to be a long time until it starts benefitting; when I was coming back, I saw a huge traffic pile up because a bus wasn't well placed to keep left and ended up blocking everyone behind it.

So, lookout for the lane dividers!
Old 14th May 2012, 21:53   #3343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
The cops have put those warning signs (~3 ft, red, conical, plastic posts) at Kundalahalli signal as lane dividers (going towards Whitefield). There are about 5 of them with a tiny rope keeping them in place.

They are placed about 1/3rd from the left of the road to allow vehicles wanting to go left a free passage.

Although it is going to be a long time until it starts benefitting; when I was coming back, I saw a huge traffic pile up because a bus wasn't well placed to keep left and ended up blocking everyone behind it.

So, lookout for the lane dividers!
Almost rammed into them this morning, its too small in size and doesnot start far away from the signal to create an impact. BMTC buses going towards varthur generally stick to the left side of the road and then carry on straight through the signal, thats how they maintain the lane discipline.
Old 14th May 2012, 22:52   #3344
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
A truck has broken down on hosa road (sarjapur road end) and has thrown the traffic into a tizzy. Jams all around. Also a man hole has opened up at the junction and this adds to the woes. Guys, avoid this junction if possible.
That T junction was a mess in the evening today till a policeman thankfully appeared on the scene. They had unloaded some bricks too at the junction, which further added to the mess. Common sense is surely becoming a rare breed these days.
Old 15th May 2012, 16:19   #3345
BHPian

Its raining crazily in whitefield area from almost 30 minutes. Expecting a huge traffic jam in and around the sarjapur ringroad, marathahalli and graphite India.

Luckily will be leaving office late today and hope the traffic is cleared by then

Regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks