Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2013, 16:08   #4306
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
Kadubisenahalli underpass is a nightmare still. I think the people who designed and approved it had zero grey matter inside their skulls. I have no clue how the water is supposed to drain off.

Luckily bangalore doesnt rain like kerala, or we would have had ferrys to cross these underpasses.
All underpasses do have drains. They might not be fast enough if it rains heavily.
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2013, 16:12   #4307
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
Please take a real scenario pic or video if possible and post it on BTP FB page. They need to stop such stupidity. I just hope they do not build these kind of blocks all over Bangalore.
@googleman: sure will do.

My dad and I spoke to the inspector when they were putting-it-up, he said "pedestrians will get used to this and this is the only way we can stop 2-wheelers on the pavement. Though they are imposing fines on them, they are unable to stop them completely."

IT guys using 2-wheelers are the culprits 9/10 times. They honk if u stand on the pavement. I am sure some of us have had verbal duels with these guys, but the do not pay heed.
Old 2nd April 2013, 16:14   #4308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
Relax guys! First of all we are not sure if that was the reason that car was left on the road or it had some other snag!

Secondly, though not a reason to sympathize, that guy might be a diabetic and might have got stuck in the jam for more time than expected. We all know hypoglycemia is a killer!

All of us, including me, are being hypothetical here, but it's just a thought the moment I read Soumyajit9's post.
Partially agree with you mate.

The situations could be controlled and uncontrolled.

- Vehicle breakdown - Uncontrolled situation - Sympathy for the driver.
- Must have sandwich due to a medical condition. - Controlled situation. Could have been avoided. A diabetic must carry something with him/her for emergency cases. Although I don't have any medical condition, but, I atleast carry a bottle of water and a pack of biscuits whenever I venture out (Office / Long Drives) during whatever hours. This guy was smiling while doing his act, seemed like he was getting an adrenalin rush. Although I didn't see his ride - car / bike, but people were getting uncomfortable and weren't giving him a good look.
Old 2nd April 2013, 16:25   #4309
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadguy25 View Post
@googleman: sure will do.

"pedestrians will get used to this and this is the only way we can stop 2-wheelers on the pavement.
I am not sure if there is an IQ test done for these guys before recruiting them. This is not the only way they can stop. I dont understand why don't they take suggestions from Public or other states who would already have a book of best practices.
Old 2nd April 2013, 16:29   #4310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
I am not sure if there is an IQ test done for these guys before recruiting them. This is not the only way they can stop. I dont understand why don't they take suggestions from Public or other states who would already have a book of best practices.
Had they been taking suggestions\input from public, Bangalore would have been a slightly better place with lesser traffic chaos.
Old 2nd April 2013, 16:39   #4311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selective View Post
This car was close to the AXA signal, there is one more small restaurant just before the signal lights on the left hand side, exactly opposite to that. And, this was there for longer time than "pick up the sandwich, pay and run" time. All the vehicles in right lane had to merge to left lane to proceed. I was planning to complain this to the cop at the signal, but today strangely, didn't spot a single cop!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
Relax guys! First of all we are not sure if that was the reason that car was left on the road or it had some other snag!

Secondly, though not a reason to sympathize, that guy might be a diabetic and might have got stuck in the jam for more time than expected. We all know hypoglycemia is a killer!

All of us, including me, are being hypothetical here, but it's just a thought the moment I read Soumyajit9's post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Partially agree with you mate.

The situations could be controlled and uncontrolled.

- Vehicle breakdown - Uncontrolled situation - Sympathy for the driver.
- Must have sandwich due to a medical condition. - Controlled situation. Could have been avoided. A diabetic must carry something with him/her for emergency cases. Although I don't have any medical condition, but, I atleast carry a bottle of water and a pack of biscuits whenever I venture out (Office / Long Drives) during whatever hours. This guy was smiling while doing his act, seemed like he was getting an adrenalin rush. Although I didn't see his ride - car / bike, but people were getting uncomfortable and weren't giving him a good look.
This was due to vehicle breakdown. That red Swift had something serious problem with Rear-right wheel. I saw the owner standing opposite side of the road and a mechanic was working on it (around 10.30 AM).

I decided to take BMTC bus today and took just 30 min from lake road - 29th main to electronic City today morning.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2013, 19:09   #4312
BHPian

Any one Driving past Bomannahalli junction toward ECity would have noticed this regularly. Also last Saturday the traffic was unbelievable. Took 20 mins or more from the Silkboard Flyover to Cross Bomannahalli. Same time was taken by someone trying to take the tollway.
Strangely, you pass the junction and see the traffic is gone. It seemed everybody on the road had to turn right and it created a mess with all vehicles taking the right lane to overtake and then squeeze in (in the already choked segment until the junction) before the tollway ramp.
Old 2nd April 2013, 21:48   #4313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyanand View Post
Any one Driving past Bomannahalli junction toward ECity would have noticed this regularly. .
Typically there is a 5-6 lane traffic that gets formed at the junction , leaving half a lane to climb up the ramp into the toll road.

Cops standing there are helpless. They can only try to diffuse the situation and keep the vehicles move. I wish one day they become strong enough to pull out vehicles breaking the lanes and seize them for a day or two along with the fine.

The same guys who drive with no regard to laws turn out to be the most obedient ones abroad. Its the fear of law being implemented that makes all the difference , IMHO.
Old 2nd April 2013, 22:08   #4314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
The same guys who drive with no regard to laws turn out to be the most obedient ones abroad. Its the fear of law being implemented that makes all the difference , IMHO.
Fear of the law and the resulting financial drain in many different ways, if caught violating the rules. A traffic violation directly translates to a hefty fine (my cousin was fined $170 for going 10mph over the limit), and indirectly translates to a higher insurance for a set period. Depending on the infraction, it might affect the credit card related stuff and mean a lot more financial drain.
Old 2nd April 2013, 22:15   #4315
Senior - BHPian

OT: It has started raining cats and dogs in BTM layout and as expected, No Power. Ordered 2 portions of Hyderabad Biryani from Spice King. Gonna enjoy the nice weather and biryani. Cheers Bangalorean Friends :-)
Old 2nd April 2013, 22:15   #4316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Fear of the law and the resulting financial drain in many different ways, if caught violating the rules. A traffic violation directly translates to a hefty fine (my cousin was fined $170 for going 10mph over the limit), and indirectly translates to a higher insurance for a set period. Depending on the infraction, it might affect the credit card related stuff and mean a lot more financial drain.
Absolutely my point. A Rs 100 fine which was set some decades ago is what our law offenders need to be worried about.

On a recent visit to Dubai, i happened to be driven around by an old friend from Blore. He was one of the most reckless Ive seen here. No regard to oneways or red lights, forget the concept of Right of way or respect to others. I was shocked to see his driving there. And he confessed that the only reason was fear of law ( read fines) .
Old 2nd April 2013, 23:22   #4317
BHPian

Dont understand why our people love to drive on One-Way's (coming from opposite direction) and blocking on going traffic

When informed that they are driving in One-Way.. got an answer.. "No Problem"
Old 3rd April 2013, 09:11   #4318
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
When informed that they are driving in One-Way.. got an answer.. "No Problem"
This still seems like a polite answer. On some roads like the New Thippasandra Main road (connecting 80 feet Road and Suranjan Das Road) going in opposite direction of the one-way is a way of life!
If you ever question anyone, they will either scowl at you or give you a mouthful and some guys will even start threatening you
Old 3rd April 2013, 12:01   #4319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
This still seems like a polite answer. On some roads like the New Thippasandra Main road (connecting 80 feet Road and Suranjan Das Road) going in opposite direction of the one-way is a way of life!
If you ever question anyone, they will either scowl at you or give you a mouthful and some guys will even start threatening you
God save us!

Separately, I am planning to shift near Sahakar Nagar, people drive there heavenly! Even a small mistake, they can literally send you to heaven! No indications, always driving in high beam, driving in all possible wrong directions... Never-the-less, its not a foreign land either, still a part of India.

BHPians staying there, is it really worth moving there?

OT: Did not see any separate thread regarding house rent. If there is any, kindly redirect me.
I am looking for an apartment/house for rent with below requirements.
- Budget 13k - 14k (including maintenance and other things).
- Four wheeler & two wheeler parking
- If the building does not have lift, house should be either in ground floor or 1st floor.
- Spacious and good ventilation
Old 3rd April 2013, 18:49   #4320
BHPian

Some info from Bangalore Traffic Police:
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-543751_483610381704674_1908596810_n.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks