Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2014, 10:18   #5686
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Brigade Metropolis, Whitefield Main Road, Today @ 7:45am. This school bus, with kids onboard, exits Metropolis, takes a left turn heading into oncoming traffic on the wrong side of the Whitefield main road, drives on for 25-50m, cross over to the other side at the median cut, and continues on his journey. 25m in the other direction a U Turn is possible - but no - this gentleman has to put so many lives at risk to save a few minutes.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20140311_075002.jpg  

krish11 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2014, 10:37   #5687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Today Bannerghatta road has new tarred black look The left side of median (From Meenakshi Mall towards Bilekahalli) is completely tarred, potholes gone! And before they did so, the have cleared few debris and soil heaps on the road side - opportunities for third/ fourth lane creators!

Seems like Bangalore is in full election mood! And if it rains, surely contractor will be very happy to get another order!
The election clouds are hovering around bangalore. Just one heavy spell of Lord Varuna sponsored water (Rain) is all needed to bring the roads to their original pristine potholed condition
Old 11th March 2014, 11:15   #5688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Seems like Bangalore is in full election mood! And if it rains, surely contractor will be very happy to get another order!
I don't think the election mood arrived in Electronics City. The road from Wipro gate no. 14 to Ajmera apartment is in bad condition for years. Its a crowded main road in front of many premium apartments.
coolclouds is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2014, 12:54   #5689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish11 View Post
Brigade Metropolis, Whitefield Main Road, Today @ 7:45am. This school bus, with kids onboard, exits Metropolis, takes a left turn heading into oncoming traffic on the wrong side of the Whitefield main road, drives on for 25-50m, cross over to the other side at the median cut, and continues on his journey. 25m in the other direction a U Turn is possible - but no - this gentleman has to put so many lives at risk to save a few minutes.
And they 'always' switch their headlights on when they are traveling on the wrong side! And off all, these school buses should not be doing this. I have also caught DPS and Ryan Intl. Buses driving in one ways (not meant for them).
I have been startled so many times and make it a point to stop in front of such fellows (not the buses, mind you), just pisses them off and they also cop some choicest words from others.

I remember my first major accident happened when a biker was driving in a one way and I collided head on with him. Luckily I walked away with a minor cut only, while the other fellow and his bike did suffer a lot of bruises. To this date I still don't know how I walked away unharmed while those guys (two of them) were in a bad state - call it Karma! This was in my hometown Ranchi and not Bangalore.

Last edited by pratyush6 : 11th March 2014 at 13:04.
Old 11th March 2014, 14:26   #5690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
I don't think the election mood arrived in Electronics City. The road from Wipro gate no. 14 to Ajmera apartment is in bad condition for years. Its a crowded main road in front of many premium apartments.
That section is waiting for the apocalypse - so that we won't be bothered about it anymore.
Old 11th March 2014, 15:54   #5691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadguy25 View Post
Yes, it is NOT ONLY the IT crowd, but MOSTLY by the IT crowd. I am in IT too. I think both the examples you qouted involve IT folks?
Yeah true both the incident I quoted are by IT folks. I have no idea why the IT crowd is very aggressive. It's pathetic to see them break road rules. Jump signals. Driving on the wrong direction. Driving with high beam on and so many other things. Even some of the cab drivers drive their cars with low beam. I have come across many cab drivers who immediately switch to low beam if they see an oncoming vehicle but these IT folks don't do that.
Old 11th March 2014, 16:04   #5692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Would be good if you can post this pic with brief info at BTP page in FB. It is high time such crooks are penalized!

Last edited by finneyp : 11th March 2014 at 16:06.
Old 11th March 2014, 17:40   #5693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This has become very common with DPS school buses. I see a lot of them breaking traffic rules regularly. I am sure some of the members have either their own kids or that of their relatives studying in that school and they should take this up with the management at the earliest. I mean, what are they teaching the kids?
Old 11th March 2014, 21:32   #5694
BHPian

Around 19:00 hrs today, I was waiting near UB City, waiting for the traffic ahead to clear. I was in the left lane, going towards Coffee Day Square, and there was one more lane parallel to mine. Suddenly I felt something brushing on the rear right end and immediately checked the driver side mirror.

Saw a person, on a bike, with an Asian Paints 15/20 ltrs empty bucket, hanging one one side, trying to force his way in between the 2 lanes, brushing my vehicle all the way to glory. All this transpired within a couple of seconds. He came near my window, and I gestured to him with my right hand up, asking him what was he doing. With his face, as expression-less as it can get, he kept driving and soon vanished in the traffic ahead.

People familiar with this road know that there is no "official" parking spot here, and given the traffic density in the front and the rear, there was no way I could get down, inspect the damage and argue with that person (before he disappeared). I just consoled myself saying - the damage, if at all, has been done already, so lets reach home and then inspect.

Reached home and below is what lay in store for me.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-20140311_193148.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-20140311_193153.jpg

There are 1000s of pages on our forum itself, so I am not going to add on "how he should have driven", "how he should have been more careful", etc. I was just at the wrong place at the wrong time!

Just one more example on how your otherwise good day gets screwed, financial loss forced upon you for no fault of yours, and to top it all - cause harm to something that you value as your family!!!

Suggestions needed : In October last year I had to claim insurance since my rear windshield had to be replaced. The Insurance is due for renewal next month, and I am sure to lose out on the NCB due to the claim mentioned above. Since the Sunny's 2nd service is due this month, can I claim insurance for today's incident? I can avail a cashless settlement with the NISSAN workshop using the existing Insurance Policy. Also, how about "Own Damage" amount - do I still pay it in a Cashless claim? I see a minimum expense of 1500/- as a result of today's damages, in authorized NISSAN workshop (I am totally not in favor of getting this sorted out at a local garage). Please let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Last edited by Safety is Param : 11th March 2014 at 21:39.
Safety is Param is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2014, 21:40   #5695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Would be good if you can post this pic with brief info at BTP page in FB. It is high time such crooks are penalized!
I have sent an email to the Principal of the school along with the picture. Thought they would discipline their driver.
krish11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2014, 21:43   #5696
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post

Suggestions needed : In October last year I had to claim insurance since my rear windshield had to be replaced. The Insurance is due for renewal next month, and I am sure to lose out on the NCB due to the claim mentioned above. Since the Sunny's 2nd service is due this month, can I claim insurance for today's incident? I can avail a cashless settlement with the NISSAN workshop using the existing Insurance Policy. Also, how about "Own Damage" amount - do I still pay it in a Cashless claim? I see a minimum expense of 1500/- as a result of today's damages, in authorized NISSAN workshop (I am totally not in favor of getting this sorted out at a local garage). Please let me know what you think.

Thanks!
My strong suggestion is to not even think of claiming insurance. It's not worth losing NCB over at all.

Options to repair:

Option1: Go to a local shop or go to a 3M outlet here. A good amount of rubbing compound and polish will reduce the ugly scratches significantly. Mind you they will still be visibly but will not look that bad. This is the best option imo.

Option2: You are not in favour of but go to a local shop like Trend or Sai Colorium and get just the bumper painted. Since no panels/bumper will be removed there's no warranty or worry about anything going wrong. Cost will be within 3K for sure.

Under any curcumstance don't go to dealer for repairing this small scratch and don't even think of claiming insurance.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2014, 22:08   #5697
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
My strong suggestion is to not even think of claiming insurance. It's not worth losing NCB over at all.
He has already made a claim on his current insurance and has lost out on NCB, so why shouldn't he claim insurance and get it repaired at the company service center itself? That way, his own damage is limited to Rs. 1500+ some consumables only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post

Suggestions needed : In October last year I had to claim insurance since my rear windshield had to be replaced. The Insurance is due for renewal next month, and I am sure to lose out on the NCB due to the claim mentioned above.
Thanks!
My suggestion, if you cannot live with the scratches and your insurance is due next month or so and the NCB already been gone, then you should claim insurance at the A S S.

Last edited by dass : 11th March 2014 at 22:09.
dass is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2014, 22:32   #5698
Team-BHP Support

Oops my mistake. I read it as not claimed last year. If the NCB is gone already then go for the Nissan Service centre route for repair is you do want to get it repaired.
Old 11th March 2014, 22:53   #5699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Oops my mistake. I read it as not claimed last year. If the NCB is gone already then go for the Nissan Service centre route for repair is you do want to get it repaired.
A little off topic for this thread, but there is an add on cover called NCB protection that most insurance companies offer and I think that is a must if you have 20% and above on NCB from our previous cars
Old 12th March 2014, 10:07   #5700
BHPian

Electric buses launched by BMTC. Great initiative.
Saw a 335E today. But I wonder how they will be able to perform Majestic - ITPL runs all day without a charge in the middile.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-201403031000542453.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks