Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2015, 10:06   #10411
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Except for Sunday, there are a total of 11 pairs of local passenger trains that can ferry you between Bangalore Cantonment and Whitefield. They are a combination of passengers (Not express), EMU and DMU's. The average time between trains are 50min - 1 Hour. I guess this is about as much they can run on what is a fairly busy main line.
That being the case, it would be a great idea to develop Heelalige station as a transit point for people residing in E City, Chandapura etc. Anyways the DEMU's from Hosur pass through this station.
By developing this station with more platforms, all long distance trains to Bangalore can be parked in this station during the day time so that more DEMU's can be operated especially to Whitefield.
The DEMU's have to change direction at Baiyappanhalli.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 10:23   #10412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
The DEMU's have to change direction at Baiyappanhalli.
DEMU/MEMU/EMU have driver cabins at both ends so changing direction is not a big deal for them, unlike normal trains (where each such direction reversal adds 20 minutes to the journey).
Old 17th December 2015, 10:35   #10413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
DEMU/MEMU/EMU have driver cabins at both ends so changing direction is not a big deal for them, unlike normal trains (where each such direction reversal adds 20 minutes to the journey).
That's exactly what I am pointing out that the state govt can focus on such aspects rather than going for tunneled roads that most probably will not take off for sure.
I am pretty sure it will not cost a bomb for the state govt to develop Heelalige station along with SWR. Infact the whole process of developing the station and getting additional DEMU's to operate will be much lesser than the cost of making say 2 kms of tunneled roads.
This topic of developing Heelalige was discussed years back when Mr Narayana Murthy was heading INFOSYS.
Instead of organizing protests (this can be an additional option), why not all of the IT folks raise this concern of operating DEMU's to the state govt . This time though, it has to be some kind of lobby to start DEMU services preferably from the IT top brass.
Old 17th December 2015, 10:48   #10414
Senior - BHPian

With Narayanamurthy and Premji being consulted on infrastructure issues, hopefully ORR and whitelfield areas will get some concrete solutions.

I think the central govt needs to oblige for the use of trains more than state. There have been proposals from state and has not received positive feedback from railways.
Old 17th December 2015, 11:20   #10415
Senior - BHPian

Ah, Our Bangalore's ORR !!

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-fb_img_1450331210004.jpg
Old 17th December 2015, 11:21   #10416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
With Narayanamurthy and Premji being consulted on infrastructure issues, hopefully ORR and whitelfield areas will get some concrete solutions....
What makes you think these two are experts in urban planning? Only thing they seem to be interested in are tax breaks and subsidised land grab opportunities.
And oh yes, the Infy guy is also interested in a book titled "How to reach Rashtrapati Bhavan in 90 days".

Last edited by WindRide : 17th December 2015 at 11:22.
WindRide is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 12:12   #10417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
What makes you think these two are experts in urban planning? Only thing they seem to be interested in are tax breaks and subsidised land grab opportunities.
And oh yes, the Infy guy is also interested in a book titled "How to reach Rashtrapati Bhavan in 90 days".
They may not be the best experts in Urban Planning but they would surely have better ideas than our experts in BBMP & Govt (or atleast they can hire someone with better ideas). And their words/feedback/intention counts more than ours (fortunately or unfortunately).
And this is perhaps OT - But I would not call Azim Premji like that. The man does more for charity than most other glorified individuals. And I am in no way either related to either Infy or Wipro.
Old 17th December 2015, 12:15   #10418
BHPian

Dodda Nekkundi flyover work has begun. The signal is closed opening two U turns instead (one opposite to EMC2 and another opp to Rainbow hospital).
Result? There is a huge traffic pile up till EMC2 or before and finishing much after the Rainbow.. This would be the state post the flyover as well? What is the point in shifting traffic bottleneck from one place to another?!

PS: Not to mention the increased ple up at KR Puram!

Last edited by babu.sundaram : 17th December 2015 at 12:16.
Old 17th December 2015, 12:47   #10419
BHPian

Drove to Bangalore railway station and back from Hoodi yesterday evening. Left home in Hoodi at 6:15pm. Reached the railway station around 8:10pm. Took the Devasandra -> KR puram cable bridge -> Tin factory route to save time. Used Cubbon road and Vidhan Soudha road to reach KG Road. Amazed by the good quality Cubbon Road but really baffled to see the way the Vidhan Soudha road has been made high class. There are huge footpaths with lighting. It is very obvious why this road has been made so well. No one cares for tax payers which can be observed in the condition of Whitefield roads.
Old 17th December 2015, 13:35   #10420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Its not about they being experts in urban planning! They are highly influential people and their suggestions with expert's inputs would have high value than our comments here, and it matters!

They are experts in their respective fields and they have proved it.
LoneRidder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 15:28   #10421
BHPian

Even after reading this I can't convince myself something like this will happen in day light?
Also not sure if I should take this article with a pinch of salt since I couldn't find this incident reported by any other news agencies.

YAHOO NEWS LINK

Any one else had heard this and if this it true I need to show this to my wife who takes the same road to her office.

Moreover what will be your suggestions if these hooligans do something similar to us / wife / daughter?

Cheers!
Old 17th December 2015, 15:41   #10422
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
Even after reading this I can't convince myself something like this will happen in day light?
Also not sure if I should take this article with a pinch of salt since I couldn't find this incident reported by any other news agencies.

YAHOO NEWS LINK

Any one else had heard this and if this it true I need to show this to my wife who takes the same road to her office.

Moreover what will be your suggestions if these hooligans do something similar to us / wife / daughter?

Cheers!
The article that came in TOI mentioned the route as from Wilson Garden/Lalbagh Side towards Sarjapur Road. Had details about the person involved and seems to be a true incident. But if I am not mistaken, the lady in question was a reporter and hence it is not clear if it was a general incident or specifically targeted.

The article in the link above as well as few other sources is a generalized version and seems factually wrong. It talks about the route as KR Puram to Marathahalli and mentions 4 signals between KR Puram and Marathahalli which is not true (There is only 1 signal). At 2PM, apart from the Total Mall signal, the route between KR puram and Marathahalli should be relatively free flowing.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 15:41   #10423
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Cheers!
Simple. Install a dashcam and tell your womenfolk not to roll down the windows in case such acts occur. Let them bang the bonnet then in front of a rolling camera. Half will scoot out of the scene when they see the camera(or when they realise that they are being taped) and in case the gang is a little in excess of guts you will have clear cut evidence at least to take them to task at a later stage.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 15:52   #10424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I remember one of the other incidents mentioned in this article:

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/15100...-kidnap-techie

Further, an incident similar to this has happened to a neighbour of mine on Wind Tunnel Road at around 5 PM (he was assaulted and robbed of wallet/cash/phone by hooligans on a pair of two-wheelers).
Old 17th December 2015, 21:27   #10425
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Simple. Install a dashcam and tell your womenfolk not to roll down the windows in case such acts occur. Let them bang the bonnet then in front of a rolling camera. Half will scoot out of the scene when they see the camera(or when they realise that they are being taped) and in case the gang is a little in excess of guts you will have clear cut evidence at least to take them to task at a later stage.
Exactly. I have told the same to my wife who at times has to return between 8 and 9pm.

She once witnessed something similar at Kodigehalli junction where a lady in a Santro swiped an Indicab and the cabbie ensured to cut across this Santro, got out and started to open the door forcibly while the lady inside was shaken but never rolled down or opened the door.

In frustration, the cabbie started kicking the bonnet and fender of the Santro and got back into his car and started driving away. All this in the presence of a lot of motorists at the Signal light around 6pm (cops were busy directing traffic towards Hebbal below the KIAL Expressway then).

Dashcam is your answer but before that, always ensure to roll up and drive and lock the doors from inside if you don't have a system that locks it automatically.

I myself get inside my car whenever I draw cash from an ATM and first thing I do is press the Door lock button before even wearing the seat belt. You never know someone might just pull your door open as soon as you sit inside.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks