Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2015, 07:52   #10441
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

As if the asphalt re-laying work was not enough to slow down traffic on the NECE road, there has been an accident on it today which has further jammed the road.
Between kanakapura road and bhannergahatta road, the right most lane is being re-laid today.
There are drums of tar kept to keep away vehicles from driving on the under-work road.

One such drum was sandwiched between a truck and a Black polo
The driver door is fully damaged including the window glass.
Do not know how it actually happened but it surely was because of uneducated driving by any one or both of the vehicles.

I could take a photo as my company cab driver was driving on the angled median and i was hoping and praying that our cab does not fall into the drain at the centre.
Our country's traffic will never improve
Old 23rd December 2015, 08:47   #10442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
How about that road next to SJR I Park that leads into Gopalan Global Axis? Are they towing vehicles parked on the street there as well?

I assume all the vehicles that were parked along the main road are going to end up in this or other lanes off the road sigh. I had better check that before I decide whether to rent another zoomcar from city to reach Gopalan.
Yes, they are towing vehicles from the main road all the way to Gopalan global axis. In fact this is happening from past 1 week. Only 2 wheelers are towed but nowadays even 4 wheelers are not allowed to be parked on that road I guess. I see some security guards running around with wheel locks.
NaviRai12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2015, 14:35   #10443
BHPian

Folks taking the Bellandur - Marathahalli stretch cannot miss this cop who stands at the starting of the Intel FO taking the lane breakers to task. Apparently some are not happy with the affairs.
http://www.bangaloremirror.com/banga...w/50259683.cms

Undoubtedly things have drastically improved in the past few weeks, especially in the mornings.

Last edited by bejoy : 23rd December 2015 at 14:40.
bejoy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th December 2015, 11:17   #10444
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Undoubtedly things have drastically improved in the past few weeks, especially in the mornings.
Thanks to lesser traffic on roads due to long weekends, traffic police is busy cracking down on violators I guess. Usually they just keen a blind eye or ask one way violators to turn back near Kadubeesinahalli - Cessna park service road.

Yesterday saw them arrive in a jeep full and stop and fine bikers around 07:00 PM, there were around 8~9 bikers arguing of awaiting their turn to get challan.
mpksuhas is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 26th December 2015, 22:57   #10445
Senior - BHPian

Not a rant per se.

But got news that one of my classmates from school, aged 22 passed away yesterday after an accident.

He was in a hurry, so entered a no-entry zone with his two-wheeler. Was met head-on with a bus, both braked and he ended up under the wheels of the bus. All this when he was just 600m from his house.

Succumbed to his injuries few hours later in the hospital.

Just goes to show how the seemingly small decisions we make can have the biggest impact on us as well as those around us.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2015, 19:41   #10446
Distinguished - BHPian

If God gave me a wish, and asked it to be a practical one, I will beg him to seal all entry points to Bangalore permanently. Did not expect to come home within an hour even though I left late from office. For once I beat google prediction and reached home earlier than what it said

Saw a badly rear ended current version i20 on Sarjapur Main road after I turned right from Krupanidhi college. Dashcam did not have memory card to capture the scene. It was a pile up and looked like a tempo rammed into the car and the car in turn rammed into a two wheeler which hit a ritz/ertiga but with minor damages.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2015, 19:48   #10447
Senior - BHPian

Comment on a FB thread that discusses a reunion of alumni from a certain well known business school that has a presence in Bangalore and some other Indian cities -

If two [insti] grads from 1995 batch,one from [insti-a], one from [insti-b], both started from home at the same time for their respective 20th Reunion, the [insti-b] grad will reach in time for the 25th reunion, thanks to Bangalore traffic.
Old 28th December 2015, 20:57   #10448
Senior - BHPian

My daughter took only 35 to 40 minutes today from Kodihalli to her office at Whitefield, and also in the return trip. This was in a Volvo bus. Looks like many office-goers are on vacation.
She normally takes 1hr 15 minutes to 30 minutes to cover the 11.5 km distance.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2015, 07:22   #10449
Senior - BHPian

Alert:

Avoid Alpine Eco road. Truck stuck in slush / mud !!

Name:  ForumRunner_20151230_072047.png
Views: 935
Size:  446.5 KB
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2015, 14:34   #10450
Senior - BHPian

Today around 12.45pm saw a red Maruti Swift ramming into a 2 wheeler near Trinity circle. It was a HR01 registered car with an Army sticker driven by a lady, an army officer in uniform was her co-driver, she kept coming in the wrong direction on a 1 way and just rammed into the bike. Even army is not spared of such morons who have no common sense.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2015, 07:54   #10451
BHPian

I thought traffic today morning would be a breeze and what a disappointment it was.

I was stuck in Silk board for 25 minutes from 6:20 to 6:45 AM, all because a traffic constable thought that its more efficient to manually operate the signals.

Again was stuck for 15 minutes just behind Graphite India (Infant Parking lot) as a TT and a goods auto was stuck in the newly dug up ditch. Adding to chaos was a lady driver in White Linea who wouldn't take reverse so that people can push and free up the auto.

What a way to start the end the year

Regards
Old 31st December 2015, 08:31   #10452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
I thought traffic today morning would be a breeze and what a disappointment it was.

I was stuck in Silk board for 25 minutes from 6:20 to 6:45 AM, all because a traffic constable thought that its more efficient to manually operate the signals.
I was also stuck there from ~ 6:20 - 6:45 !!
Did you notice a Green Beat ?

I was already late for work and wanted to zoom on the ORR, owing to hopefully less traffic, and was taken for a shock when I saw the jam from BTM till Silkboard.

Apart from this jam, there was unusually massive moving traffic on the entire ORR !! Too many vehicles at that hour !
Old 31st December 2015, 09:09   #10453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Apart from this jam, there was unusually massive moving traffic on the entire ORR !! Too many vehicles at that hour !
Lots of people travelling on leave from their places of work , intending to spend a day in the sunshine and come home by sunset to avoid traffic , drunken adrenaline charged thrill junkies on bikes and in cars , cops with breathalyzers etc.

Anyway as I travelled to my office I noticed that many places the road has been relaid but the quality of relaying is very very mediocre. I mean I noticed that in a few places the newly laid tar has started to erode barely a few days after laying it.
So looks like the authorities are laying roads but the quality is really questionable. Maybe this time around even before it rains the roads would have broken just by vehicular movement.
Old 31st December 2015, 09:21   #10454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
I was also stuck there from ~ 6:20 - 6:45 !!
Did you notice a Green Beat ?

I was already late for work and wanted to zoom on the ORR, owing to hopefully less traffic, and was taken for a shock when I saw the jam from BTM till Silkboard.

I did notice you when you overtook me on the HSR flyover and have seen your car multiple times. On Tuesday, I was behind you on the BTM Lake Road. I think it was you.

I used to drive a Orange Fiat Palio GTX, but now a Black Swift since Palio has gone for repainting.

Regards
Old 31st December 2015, 09:37   #10455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
Lots of people travelling on leave from their places of work , intending to spend a day in the sunshine and come home by sunset to avoid traffic , drunken adrenaline charged thrill junkies on bikes and in cars , cops with breathalyzers etc.
Zoomcar would be having a roaring business during this time

Quote:
Anyway as I travelled to my office I noticed that many places the road has been relaid but the quality of relaying is very very mediocre. I mean I noticed that in a few places the newly laid tar has started to erode barely a few days after laying it.
So looks like the authorities are laying roads but the quality is really questionable. Maybe this time around even before it rains the roads would have broken just by vehicular movement.
It has always been questionable. When was the last time roads were re-laid honestly ? It has always been patch work, which gives a good bumpy ride ! For sure these would be gone with vehicular movement in a few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
I did notice you when you overtook me on the HSR flyover and have seen your car multiple times. On Tuesday, I was behind you on the BTM Lake Road. I think it was you.
I used to drive a Orange Fiat Palio GTX, but now a Black Swift since Palio has gone for repainting.
Regards
Aha, I see, you were in office cab ? I did some crazy moves to get ahead of the traffic ! I have seen Orange Palio GTX lot of times, but don't recall it being stickered, so must have missed you.
It could be me on Tuesday on Lake Road. I stay somewhere on the lake road near CCD.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks