Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2024, 12:46   #496
BHPian

Re: PUC - Pollution Under Control ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzt View Post
Hi All,

I came across a unique issue today. I went for the PUC renewal for my 2022 Toyota Urban Cruiser which is a BS6 vehicle (in Mumbai). I went to the same guy who I had gone to 6 months ago for PUC back then.
However this time around he informed me that he is not able to do PUC as apparently the Vahaan system has changed and it's not allowing him to do the testing as he doesn't have some spl testing equipment needed for BS6 vehicles. So although he could do the PUC tests for other vehicles (did it in front of me) he couldn't do it for mine. He suggested me to go to another place (a bit far) where they apparently have the right measuring equipment to do it. I know this guy for many years n has been doing PUC for all my vehicles all these years, so I don't think he is trying to mislead me.

Has anyone else with a BS6 vehicle faced this issue recently while doing a PUC renewal?
I was under the impression that BS IV & VI vehicles need PUC checks annually? BS III is 6 monthly.

The BSVI 2nd phase emission norms are stricter, perhaps that is why he is saying so?
Old 24th March 2024, 12:21   #497
BHPian

Re: PUC - Pollution Under Control ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBeard View Post
I was under the impression that BS IV & VI vehicles need PUC checks annually? BS III is 6 monthly.
Yes you are right. I just rechecked my paperwork, it is indeed annually
Maybe that is why the system was not allowing, i wonder ��
hanzt is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks