Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2010, 14:43   #151
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrycane12 View Post
He is a good guy; had helped me out when i had a issue with the cabbie a few months ago. Ask your friend to meet him and let us know the outcome of the meeting.
Oh yes, i remember that episode.

As regarding my friend, will need to check with him, if he visited the police station or not.
Old 3rd June 2010, 14:44   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjan Sharma View Post
Can you help me in buying one for me?

I need it for Humans as well as Dogs. The street dogs come and create a scene in front of my house (Barking fight) knowing my dogs are locked inside the gate and are new. The same local outsider fight you see (Just kidding, no bashing please)
OT,
I will surely help you out provided you use it only on tin cans and to terrorize these thugs who are trying to mug the innocent and unaware people.
We both know that you and me both love animals and you would not be using them on even street dogs.
Even your GSDs won't approve your using the airgun on their street enemies.Its a matter of their own tribe

Quote:
@Topic - This can certainly come to an end dude. Once they get beaten black and blue, they will think twice before doing it again.

Best medicine for them is, awareness. More people are aware of them, their chances of mugging becomes less.
If there were only two of them.I guess this is a much bigger business.
But yes the awareness indeed helps a lot.

Quote:
@Spitfire - ''the troll alert started buzzing in my head'' I can imagine you banging your head on the desk after reading that message.
OT, seriously even I was like
Old 3rd June 2010, 14:50   #153
Senior - BHPian

@Alter_Ego, Come on man, it was just a light hearted remark. I just remembered all those people who put up that flag !
Old 3rd June 2010, 15:30   #154
Senior - BHPian

Seems these thugs are gaining notoriety. Just received mail from our facilities team regarding these guys. Same thing. God when they will be nabbed?
Old 3rd June 2010, 15:45   #155
BHPian

There have been recent reports about a group of criminals who are active at several locations in Bangalore. Being aware is the first step towards staying safe. Here is some information about this group which may serve you well.
This group has reportedly been extorting money from people driving cars with the following mode of operation:
  • The group operates on a motorcycle and targets cars with single occupants.
  • They continuously honk from the rear of the car and signal the driver to stop.
  • They attempt to scare the occupant by entering the car and saying that they have caused an accident on the way resulting in injury to someone.
  • Further, they say that the injured happens to be the brother of the local Don and compensation must be paid immediately by the driver.
  • They force their victims to withdraw money from ATMs and part with their gold ornaments.
  • The members speak Kannada and broken Hindi.
  • They have resorted to using force at times.
Preventive Security Measures
a. Remember - Your security and safety is most important. Drive carefully and never resort to ‘Hit and Run’.
b. Always keep windows rolled up and doors of your vehicle locked from the inside while driving, especially at night and on lonely roads
c. Do not stop your vehicle at isolated places
d. Keep your cool and do not panic if the group approaches you
e. Do not pick up fights with them as they may call others and cause physical harm
f. Keep the telephone numbers of local Police Control Room handy and inform them the following:
  • Your name and mobile number.
  • Registration number, make and colour of your vehicle.
  • Registration number, make and colour of vehicles being used by them and any other description that may help the Police identify them.
  • Your location in reference to a prominent landmark.
  • Brief details of the incident.
Call Bangalore Police Control Room on 100 / 103 or 22942222, 22250999 if approached by the group
Old 3rd June 2010, 16:22   #156
BHPian

Does anyone know where exactly is the HSR police station located?

I am going to stop my vehicle right in the police station compound if I get into this situation.
Seedhi baat no bakwas.

I always believe in Murphy's law and I am sure when I try the number of the cops mentioned here none of them would be responding.

So the best alternative is to drive straight to the HSR police station and then let the show begin

Last edited by Alter_Ego : 3rd June 2010 at 16:23.
Old 3rd June 2010, 16:30   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
Does anyone know where exactly is the HSR police station located?
Its located on 27th Main between the BFC restaurant and the BP petrol bunk ( where cars to Koramangala and SilkBoard take a right )
Old 3rd June 2010, 16:56   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Its located on 27th Main between the BFC restaurant and the BP petrol bunk ( where cars to Koramangala and SilkBoard take a right )
Thanks buddy.Got the location.And I assume that road is a one way for the vehicles coming from sarjapur.

So the ones coming from the other side(hosur) would have to take some turns and bylanes to reach the police station.

Guys,

Please note this location and ensure that incase some buggers on the bike ask you to stop then this is your pit stop for that episode.
Old 3rd June 2010, 18:48   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks buddy.Got the location.And I assume that road is a one way for the vehicles coming from sarjapur.

So the ones coming from the other side(hosur) would have to take some turns and bylanes to reach the police station.

Guys,

Please note this location and ensure that incase some buggers on the bike ask you to stop then this is your pit stop for that episode.
Here is the location of the police station in Google maps:

Bangalore HSR Layout police station - Google Maps
Old 3rd June 2010, 21:58   #160
BHPian

Quote:

2. I carry an air-rifle on the back seat.I had purchased this a couple of weeks ago from Kalasipalayam for fun purposes like shooting cans and all.
Now it has a purpose
All others who are interested this one does not require a license.

So are you going to tickle the thugs with your airgun? I don't think you can do anything else with it but I am sure you can seriously do with some gun usage/safety and carry lessons.

I advice you to keep your airgun for plinking cans etc. Just for your information first rule of gun carry is never get your gun out if you are not going to use it. Many people die just because they try to scare people with their guns. Never assume that other guy is not carrying a bigger one than you.

-Inder
Old 3rd June 2010, 22:52   #161
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijeet View Post
So are you going to tickle the thugs with your airgun? I don't think you can do anything else with it but I am sure you can seriously do with some gun usage/safety and carry lessons.

I advice you to keep your airgun for plinking cans etc. Just for your information first rule of gun carry is never get your gun out if you are not going to use it. Many people die just because they try to scare people with their guns. Never assume that other guy is not carrying a bigger one than you.

-Inder
So you think people should take out guns only to shoot?

And this is an Airgun, hurts more than you can imagine, won't kill though. Tickling depends on which part of body you shoot.
Old 3rd June 2010, 23:23   #162
BHPian

Quote:
So you think people should take out guns only to shoot?
Yes Sir,

Recently a business man got shot by somebody near noida only because of this. Simple road rage incident, business man tried to intimidate other guy by taking his pistol out but other guy was too fast on draw,pumped bullets in businessman's chest before this guy can understand what happened.

With easy and cheap availability of desi guns. I don't think its a wise idea to use your gun as a scaring tool then you are better off without one.

Quote:
And this is an Airgun, hurts more than you can imagine, won't kill though. Tickling depends on which part of body you shoot.
I know a thing or two about airguns, Air pistols revolvers are absolutely useless for self defense purposes and Air guns/rifles are to cumbersome to load and unfit to use in bangalore kind of scnerio.

And what part of body are you talking about? Do you think you will have time to take aim and shoot in a brawl and even if you get time do you think you will be able to shoot striaght with an aigun in that high adrenaline moment?

-Inder
Old 3rd June 2010, 23:30   #163
BHPian

I think Inder's point was that if you take the gun out just to scare people away you may end up being hurt more than otherwise for you never know if the other party has a powerful weapon than you do and he is all prepared to use that. So, if you had to take a weapon out, it's better to use that to subdue (not necessarily injure / kill) the other party. Otherwise, it's better not to take one out just to scare the perpetrator away.
Old 4th June 2010, 01:13   #164
BHPian

Can someone tell me how to get a gun licence? if these are the incidents happening on Bangalore roads, I wouldn't mind taking out my gun and fire it for self defence, at least I can fire on air if not to injure
Old 4th June 2010, 01:25   #165
Senior - BHPian

^^It is difficult to procure a gun in India legally. Either the reason should be solid or you should know your way in. Thats it. But, even if you fire in the air, you run a good chance of being provoked to fire at the mugger. In that case if you yield, things can go even more complicated than the mugging itself. I suggest, that all outer state vehicle have a notorious political party label on the front and rear windows, or even better have a Kannada Rakhshana Vedike sticker on your out of state registered car which will confuse everyone on the street and leave you alone

Last edited by prince_pervez : 4th June 2010 at 01:28.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks