Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2010, 12:21   #181
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
We as a larger group of Team-BHP members can protect us

Many of us working in IT/non-IT companies arround ITPL/E-City/ORR/Sarjapur Rd. Many of us leave from office more or less similar times, eg within 5-6:30pm, or 7-8:30 or after 9. If we can create sub groups within Team-BHP members by location and go pass these areas in convoy(best would have been car pool), we may not face such incident. These will require sharing our office locations, phone numbers. SMSs are almost free for all those who are using corporate connections, one single liner about you log-off and meeting time will make this possible.

Just an Idea, THINK ABOUT IT
yeah i am game for it, i do not mind waiting for 15-20 mins also. Any folks on ORR interested? I am ok for a car pool a few times in the week, its not much of a pain to just synch up quickly..anyways we are going to come and go, why not together?
Old 4th June 2010, 13:32   #182
BHPian

I live in Sarjapura road and that place is very scary.

I always keep a small vegetable knife in car next to driver seat. And when such people approaches switch on the cabin light and take the knife in your hand. But never stop or slow down.
Old 4th June 2010, 15:25   #183
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
I live in Sarjapura road and that place is very scary.

I always keep a small vegetable knife in car next to driver seat. And when such people approaches switch on the cabin light and take the knife in your hand. But never stop or slow down.
On a lighter note: will not matter what weapon you show, matters more on the way the weapon holder appears. Most of the IT guys appear too decent to look remotely threatening
But on a more serious thought, pepper spray can be handy too, and very potent.
Old 4th June 2010, 18:16   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
But on a more serious thought, pepper spray can be handy too, and very potent.
I agree and one have 2 for both hands just in case you want to go wild like Nicholas cage in 'The Rock' final scene when he wants to get the attention of the pilots in F16s. But seriously, has anyone tried operating a can of pepper spray. For people staying in Bangalore it is available in almost all major malls, Spar Hypermarket, MKH, BB etc. and retails for 499 INR.

Problem is these goons get innovative every hurdle they face and try to counter the same. What if they carry their own pepper spray bottles what if they wear air tight swimming goggles, what if ..and so on.

Seriously, I hate the thought of changing personal preferences due to some idiots trying to earn a quick buck illegally and by hurting innocent fellow country men. Its the law which should be handling the menace not people making adjustments.
Old 4th June 2010, 18:48   #185
Senior - BHPian

BEWARE OF VEHICLE MUGGING

MODUS OPERANDI !!!!!!

* Miscreants stop your vehicle on a pretext that you caused an accident.
* While on the move miscreants continuously honk with an intention of stopping your vehicle
* Without warning the miscreants tend to force their way into your car.
* Demand compensation by high handed approach and intimidation.
* If you don't have cash, miscreants compel you to draw money from the ATM.
* Usually they target a person driving alone in the vehicle.

HOW TO PREVENT AND ASSIST POLICE IN NABBING THE MUGGERS?

DO's

* Be bold and don't panic when confronted by vehicular muggers.
* Raise an alarm to attract attention of public.
* Take the photograph of the miscreant's vehicle number plate discreetly with your cell phone.
* Keep a pepper spray to defend yourself.
* If you are smart/tactful enough and can engage them in conversation, inform the police by way of SMS or call till enforcement authorities reach you.
* When being chased by miscreants divert the vehicle to a crowded place to seek help.

DON’Ts:
* Do not panic and give away your valuables.
* Do not unlock your vehicle even if you have to keep the engine running.
* Do not allow yourself to be intimidated and handle the situation diplomatically.
* Do not risk your life if options are limited.
* Do not get down from the vehicle nor allow any stranger to get into your vehicle.

Emergency Numbers

Bangalore Police Control Room
Inspector : +91-9448448833 North - +91-80-22943434
Sub-Inspector : +91-9972833003 South - +91-80-22943111
Crime Squad : +91-9845668681 +91-9980399551 East - +91-80-2294 3535

Cheetah Patrolling
Team : +91-9902660986
West - +91-80-22943232 +91-9980834703
Hyderabad : All Law & Order Police Stations
Delhi : Delhi Police Helplines, Police Helplines in Delhi, Phone Number of Delhi Police
Noida : http://www.noidapolice.com/index_findstscvi.php
Gurgaon : PoliceStations
Mumbai Mumbai Police - Important Telephone Numbers

"Remember the miscreants are equally scared but they pretend to be courageous"

Got this via e-mail.
Old 4th June 2010, 21:08   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
We as a larger group of Team-BHP members can protect us

Just an Idea, THINK ABOUT IT
Totally in

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijeet View Post
So are you going to tickle the thugs with your airgun? I don't think you can do anything else with it but I am sure you can seriously do with some gun usage/safety and carry lessons.

I advice you to keep your airgun for plinking cans etc. Just for your information first rule of gun carry is never get your gun out if you are not going to use it. Many people die just because they try to scare people with their guns. Never assume that other guy is not carrying a bigger one than you.

-Inder
OT, Don't worry Inder.Airguns also have something known as safety lock.
Google it for details.And I am a member of the M.P. rifle association and shooting club.So been following the safety rules since ages.So please allow me to carry my airgun.Please
Old 4th June 2010, 23:34   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post

OT, Don't worry Inder.Airguns also have something known as safety lock.
Google it for details.And I am a member of the M.P. rifle association and shooting club.So been following the safety rules since ages.
Gr888 to know that you are member of rifle club. I don't have to google for details on Guns. I just need to get up and open my gun safe

Quote:
So please allow me to carry my airgun.Please
By all means Sir, If you are adamant on tickling them to death what can i do.

-Inder
Old 5th June 2010, 00:06   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijeet View Post
I just need to get up and open my gun safe
And you were telling others not to use them.Nice thoughts anyways.

All,

Just one question.So many people got mugged by these guys but din't even a single victim note down the 2 wheeler's number?
Old 5th June 2010, 00:13   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All,

Just one question.So many people got mugged by these guys but din't even a single victim note down the 2 wheeler's number?
Either it is the shock/spur of the moment or plates are written in Kannada. If someone takes a snap of the plates he runs the risk of having to part with his camera.
Old 5th June 2010, 00:18   #190
BHPian

Quote:
And you were telling others not to use them.Nice thoughts anyways.
You lost your reading glasses somewhere dude?

Read up all my posts again on this thread. I told you to not to use airguns not firearms. I warned you not to use airguns/guns as a scaring tool but to use them effectively.

In any case this is my last post on this thread. Go hit muggers with your airguns. I will pray for you.

-Inder
Old 5th June 2010, 00:20   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Either it is the shock/spur of the moment or plates are written in Kannada. If someone takes a snap of the plates he runs the risk of having to part with his camera.
Makes sense.

But now what.

One option we all are aware is to call on the numbers mentioned in this thread.
But what if this options fail due to any unforeseen reasons.
What should one do, either to save himself or to somehow get some clues so that he can later help the cops to nab them.

Any ideas
Old 5th June 2010, 00:28   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any ideas
Even if we have the right numbers no one is going to wait for us till we get through the calls. I feel a victim would be lucky if he can get through a line and contact a responsible person. But till then these goons are not going to wait. They will either snatch the phone or not allow to get any company.

If nothing works out you can fake a cardiac arrest and get into an ambulance and lock everything in the car. Any idea on ladies being mugged ?

Last edited by prince_pervez : 5th June 2010 at 00:43.
Old 5th June 2010, 00:40   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Any idea on ladies are being mugged ?
If a lady is driving a 4 wheeler alone then I guess she will be a more vulnerable target.

That said I guess the local people will pitch in soon if they see thugs arguing with a lady.
Old 5th June 2010, 00:47   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That said I guess the local people will pitch in soon if they see thugs arguing with a lady.
That unlucky lady better be a localite (anywhere) else she is going to have a tough time. My wife has a good experience of this. A man was shouting on top of his voice to my wife when it was not her fault. And let the localite topic be at that before things go out of hand on this thread.
Old 5th June 2010, 00:51   #195
Senior - BHPian

Guys, please store the phone numbers of the police officials and call them immediately if you happen to spot these guys like one TBHPian (NewPunter) did yesterday. Don't confront them directly but call the police and let them know about these guys' whereabouts. What I'm feeling now is that if they've seen the TOI article yesterday then either they would shift their base to another area or go underground for few days.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks