Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2010, 12:00   #331
BHPian

I think everyone on TBHP living around Marathahalli , ORR , HSR layout should have a meeting and chalk up a plan to avoid these muggings. If this keeps happening and the goons keep getting away with it, more people will be encouraged to try the same modus operandi. It's time we started forming support groups to avoid these things happening.
Old 30th June 2010, 12:02   #332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
I think everyone on TBHP living around Marathahalli , ORR , HSR layout should have a meeting and chalk up a plan to avoid these muggings. If this keeps happening and the goons keep getting away with it, more people will be encouraged to try the same modus operandi. It's time we started forming support groups to avoid these things happening.
+1 to that.
A sound thrashing of these guys should be enough to make other wannabe muggers think twice before going down this road.
Old 30th June 2010, 13:49   #333
BHPian

Went to HSR Layout Police station, spoke with Inspector Rajesh. He didn't take an FIR but did a GD, reason as nothing has happened they can't do FIR, but he said he will inform all moving squads. One thing he said - "Don't stop the car at any cost and if they try to block the road, hit them and go, we want them to come to us for lodging an accident complain which they will not do", and he also stressed even miss chances like this one should also be reported so that they can have a constant follow-up. He was helpfull but I guess the real help would be to respond on a live case. If they would have picked my call last night I would have engaged the muggers in some way, but that didn't happen.
Old 30th June 2010, 13:52   #334
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
if they try to block the road, hit them and go, we want them to come to us for lodging an accident complain which they will not do

Regards
Spitfire
Old 30th June 2010, 14:02   #335
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Went to HSR Layout Police station, spoke with Inspector Rajesh. He didn't take an FIR but did a GD, reason as nothing has happened they can't do FIR, but he said he will inform all moving squads.
So, they want to pre-empt something or wait to give the Condolence speech once something has happened? With nothing positive from their side happening so far, they still decide to sit and wait. Beautifool !
Old 30th June 2010, 14:06   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Went to HSR Layout Police station, spoke with Inspector Rajesh. He didn't take an FIR but did a GD, reason as nothing has happened they can't do FIR, but he said he will inform all moving squads.
Not sure whether I understood this correctly. GD means diary entry? Isn't this an attempted robbery case?
Old 30th June 2010, 14:24   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Not sure whether I understood this correctly. GD means diary entry? Isn't this an attempted robbery case?
It should be but as they couldn't catch me or hit me or I didn't kill them, police says nothing happened in practical, FIR can't be lodged.
Old 30th June 2010, 14:40   #338
Senior - BHPian

Ridiculous. Does that mean if someone tries to assault/murder me on the streets and I escape narrowly without a scratch, I can't give a police complaint with a description of the assailants?
Old 30th June 2010, 14:45   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Ridiculous. Does that mean if someone tries to assault/murder me on the streets and I escape narrowly without a scratch, I can't give a police complaint with a description of the assailants?
What the inspector probably means is that such complaints are logged into the diary, these will not result in an FIR.
Old 30th June 2010, 15:47   #340
BANNED

I stays at ORR just on Sarjapur Signal at suncity and in past one month travelled many times in late night due to my bike restoration work(use to sit with my mechanic late nights) but never saw any of these goons touchwood, looks like they also slept by the time i came back home.
Good to hear that Police also wanted us to hit them, i am also ready to take on one o one with them, good to carry atleast one solid steel rod if something really goes wrong(i keep 35 mm fork rod from my bike), lets show them by atleast trashing one of them royally.
Old 30th June 2010, 16:43   #341
BHPian

Quote:
if they try to block the road, hit them and go,
Time to install a bullbar on my safari

Avijit,

Please PM all the members of this thread and lets not delay the meet on this.
And before we get a mod warning again on this thread lets refrain from discussing taking the matter in our own hands.We will discuss that during out meet this saturday.Time to roll guys.
Old 30th June 2010, 17:01   #342
BHPian

Phone numbers:

• Crime squad Manjunath: 9845668681
  • Crime squad Ravindranath: 9980399551
  • Inspector: Rajesh: 9448448833
  • Sub Inspector: Mirza Ali Raza: 9972833003
Drive Safe guys and have these numbers handy.
Old 30th June 2010, 17:14   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotstuff View Post
  • Crime squad Manjunath: 9845668681
  • Crime squad Ravindranath: 9980399551
  • Inspector: Rajesh: 9448448833
  • Sub Inspector: Mirza Ali Raza: 9972833003
Drive Safe guys and have these numbers handy.
Read Asdon's post.He tried all these numbers but none went through.
Better to keep other alternatives ready to protect yourself.Also since nowadays its more than 2 bikers so even pepper spray would be ineffective.Best thing is to drive like hell when you see them approaching and try to land up either in a police station or at a friend's hope or anyplace where you can expect some real help.
Old 30th June 2010, 17:28   #344

In case cops refuse to register the case, you can visit Bangalore Police website and register the case online. There is no such rule that FIR will be lodged only if you are beaten/injured or killed. Police uses these tactics to get the crime statistics neat and clean as it helps them in their promotion.

FYI: Just 3 cases were reported to HSP Police station and my FIR was the 4th one...considering significant increase in number of instances, the number of FIR's should have been 10 times higher.

I got my FIR registered somehow but but don't think police took any actions.

We have to bring this issue into limelight...espcially the part that none of the cops picked up their phone when Adson was in trouble. It seems now we are at our own..do whatever you want to..bash them, hit them, kill them
Old 30th June 2010, 17:36   #345
BHPian

Stupid...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
Read Asdon's post.He tried all these numbers but none went through.
Better to keep other alternatives ready to protect yourself.Also since nowadays its more than 2 bikers so even pepper spray would be ineffective.Best thing is to drive like hell when you see them approaching and try to land up either in a police station or at a friend's hope or anyplace where you can expect some real help.
Hmmm... I did not go thru all the posts and posted the numbers without checking. Incidentally, these numbers were also circulated internally to employees by my brother's company which is on ORR. So helpful no ?

You are right, the best option would be to keep driving at a slightly higher speed and reach a safer area or atleast the front gate of any office which usually has security guys manning the gate.

Last edited by hotstuff : 30th June 2010 at 17:43.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks