Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2010, 14:34   #241
BHPian

Is it not easy enough for the police to deploy some decoy vehicles on these roads? I am surprised that no arrests have been reported despite all the precautionary notices. After all this IS daylight robbery!
Old 10th June 2010, 16:18   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by u_chill View Post
Is it not easy enough for the police to deploy some decoy vehicles on these roads? I am surprised that no arrests have been reported despite all the precautionary notices. After all this IS daylight robbery!
That depends on the nuber of FIR been lodged, I think the failed attempt also has to be reported to wake up the cops
Old 10th June 2010, 17:06   #243
Senior - BHPian

Ridiculous! This is going on for so many days and all the police do is issue advisories? No arrests yet?

I would not rule out the connivance of the guys in the area police station/ local politicians. That alone can make these thugs so bold.
Old 10th June 2010, 17:18   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Ridiculous! This is going on for so many days and all the police do is issue advisories? No arrests yet?

I would not rule out the connivance of the guys in the area police station/ local politicians. That alone can make these thugs so bold.
Definitely the local cops are on it. Else why would there be no action on this even after so many incidents and looks like it is spreading to different areas. If this continues, things might get ugly when some car tries to flee these bike guys and hits someone or the bike guys themselves.
Old 10th June 2010, 17:21   #245
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Look at the below. What do you think? This city has no spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
There were police men around, they came. But these guys scold police men saying they are local people having political connection blah blah. Now police said you have out state vehicle, you will be in trouble if police take your car.

Last edited by Spitfire : 10th June 2010 at 17:23.
Old 10th June 2010, 17:21   #246
BHPian

I agree. Seems like atleast a few cops are in connivance with these guys. One of the incident posted on this thread had a cop near the place where these guys were demanding money and the cop told the guy that he could be in problem because his car was registered outside karnataka. They know the area where they are operating and the times when they are operating. I like Asdon's suggestion of trying to set these guys up and catching them. I'm up for this. I think we could form a group and set these guys up.
Old 10th June 2010, 17:22   #247
BHPian

A neighbor of mine was coming on the Bannerghatta Road couple of days back and near the IIM campus, a biker started making noise in front of his bike asking him to stop the vehicle. My friend has recently relocated with his family from US and was carrying about a lakh of rupees that day. Also he had some of this kind experience back at US. He just did not bother to stop and maintained his composure, and drove with out getting diverted. Those chaps after trying for 5 minutes zoomed ahead of him and took a right turn towards puttenhalli near reliance mart. And the bikes numbers were in Kannada. This incident happened about 10 days back.

He has a new car and mostly drives alone. Does this mean that these guys are targeting new cars? lone drivers yes we already know that? should we give this feed to a new channel like TV9 who can give this more publicity and spread the news so that a general consensus is arrived and public also realises it. otherwise the sympathy of the public is always with the victim.
Old 10th June 2010, 17:24   #248
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Ranger View Post
to a new channel like TV9
TV9 are bigger crooks.
Old 10th June 2010, 17:26   #249
BHPian

completely agree with you
Old 10th June 2010, 17:35   #250
Senior - BHPian

This is getting too ridiculous now.
Is the only solution that some of us gang up, roam the streets and give these guys a solid beating?
Old 10th June 2010, 17:49   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
This is getting too ridiculous now.
Is the only solution that some of us gang up, roam the streets and give these guys a solid beating?
+10 for this and I am game for it, this is hard time to show the strength, only writing in blogs and making people aware will not stop thses guys from what they are upto, there has to be a challange from the common man, I am a peace loving person, but when I read this kind of incidents I could hardly control my temper. Guys who are ready to do some extempo round with the thugs, join in
Old 10th June 2010, 17:57   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
+10 for this and I am game for it, this is hard time to show the strength, only writing in blogs and making people aware will not stop thses guys from what they are upto, there has to be a challange from the common man, I am a peace loving person, but when I read this kind of incidents I could hardly control my temper. Guys who are ready to do some extempo round with the thugs, join in
The only problem is that i have an 8 to 5 (sometimes 8 to 8) day job, 5 days a week. And i am sure same goes for most of us here.
But, what we can do is form some sort of local area clubs. Exchange numbers and initiate a call-chain soon as something of this sort is spotted.

Maybe we all should meet up and decide on a course of action.
Old 10th June 2010, 17:59   #253
BANNED

^ I am in Marathahalli and I am in. Anyone here knows the cops well in Bangalore. Will be good to have the cops called in too whenever required.
Old 10th June 2010, 18:06   #254
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
TV9 are bigger crooks.
Cant agree more on this one. Have been watching them since their launch and the only thing I expect them to do out of these events is to come out with a story on how IT pros are frequently getting involved in hit and run cases and begging for mercy. They might turn the tables towars the victims itself.
Old 10th June 2010, 18:10   #255
BHPian

I'm in too. We could form local area groups so that whenever someone is affected, the people who are nearest can reach the place as soon as possible.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks